• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So baby making dungeon crawler "Conception" is coming to the West? (lawl not rly)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So really... is the game any good?

I mean, I know it's not going to be as fun as impregnating random girls and then never paying child support, but is it at least like a 7/10 sorta game?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
REMINDER: Spike might localize this, but not Dangan Ronpa 1 or 2

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Fuck everything.

which will probably also be the English tagline for Conception

Ultratech

Where's my Dangan-Ronpa, dammit? :(

This is the only question that needs to be answered. Where is it, Spike?!

CyIID.gif

:(

Esura

Banned
So all the women are good for is bearing children?

Isn't that, I don't know, a little sexist?

Not really.

Also, that argument is somewhat undermined as I know I saw a few little female warrior children running around with papa.

sonicmj1

Isn't this just the logical conclusion for the Persona series, where each girl represents a Social Link/Arcana? And the kids are your Personas?

The fact that it feels like the press release was just run through Google Translate doesn't make me confident that this will come to the West.

Ultratech

Isn't this just the logical conclusion for the Persona series, where each girl represents a Social Link/Arcana? And the kids are your Personas?

The fact that it feels like the press lease was just run through Google Translate doesn't make me confident that this will come to the West.

Youtube comment:
Persona 3 with childbirth.

Hell, the MC bears a striking resemblance to P3's MC anyways.

Dangan Ronpa looked like a good game. This doesn't.

It's very much a good game. Been reading a really good Let's Play that translates most everything.
The only reason it probably hasn't been localized is that the interactive parts of the game would be fairly tricky to reprogram.

DiscoJer

I remember Capcom put out an English press release for the last MH game the PSP got (MHP3), even using the name of it in English (Freedom, not Portable).

Siliconera got all excited about it, but it was just a press release in English, not an announcement of localization. Which is weird, but...

I remember Capcom put out an English press release for the last MH game the PSP got (MHP3), even using the name of it in English (Freedom, not Portable).

Siliconera got all excited about it, but it was just a press release in English, not an announcement of localization. Which is weird, but...

Don't crush my dreams!

Spike themselves can't localize anything as they don't have a Western branch. If Conception gets localized, it'll be because some Western publisher chose it over other games like Danganronpa.

I wouldn't take this press release as a sign of anything though. Spike is usually proactive about seeking an English localization partner for their games, and this could just be a part of that.

*Reads Thread Title*

What the...

*Reads Description*

wat

*Watched video*

WAT

lol wut. The game concept is so weird that I will probably get it day one.

I really like the concept.

HYPE!

Eusis

Spike themselves can't localize anything as they don't have a Western branch. If Conception gets localized, it'll be because some Western publisher chose it over other games like Danganronpa.
That probably won't matter if they go to DD with it, the Armored Core games list From as publisher, yet if they had a western branch they'd have probably published Dark Souls themselves here too.

zoku88

Well, didn't think this game would get localized, haha XD

I might pick this up, it kinda interested me when it was first announced.

The fact that people think Danganronpa has a chance of getting localized makes me laugh and shed tears of sadness at the same time.

The first game would be a ridiculous undertaking. Not sure if that kind of time and effort would be worth it for the very small return whatever localizer would see.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'd buy it.

Oh and this game apparently scored 35/40 in Famitsu. I wish we got impressions.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The fact that people think Danganronpa has a chance of getting localized makes me laugh and shed tears of sadness at the same time.

The first game would be a ridiculous undertaking. Not sure if that kind of time and effort would be worth it for the very small return whatever localizer would see.

I don't think that anyone has stated that it actually ever had a chance, just that it's lamentable that something like Conception is apparently more marketable in the west. I know that I personally find it a really sad state of affairs.

mollipen

*danielbryanyes.gif*

I think this game, and its concept, is utterly ridiculous, but YES! YES! YES!

The more crazy Japanese PSP games we get over here, the better. It utterly baffles me that we might be getting this. Yeah, sure—us getting this over, say, Last Ranker or Danganronpa is ridiculous. But still!

Now bring on Criminal Girls! Akiba Strip! Other PSP games I can't currently name off the top of my head!

Top Bottom