• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasso21

Thanks for the heads-up! I've been trying to get one since it came out. It's been hard to find it in Chicago.

Edit: Console ordered from Amazon, about $330 plus tax not counting a game

Futureman

Any word on if the new Switches are coming non-warped and without the screen scratching issues? I'm assuming new Joy Cons also don't have the connection issues, either?

They will fix the Joy Con if you have issues.

I got my Switch roughly 3 weeks after launch and no screen scratches. It definitely seems to only affect a small percentage of systems.

Coketruck

Edit: what's a good case/screen protector to get for it? Just bought puyo puyo tetris, BotW, and a pro controller. Any other essentials?

I got this screen protector. Easy to apply, looks great: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3ASPNV/?tag=neogaf0e-20

As far as the case goes, I use this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY9JB2U/?tag=neogaf0e-20. Hard case, protects against drops, and has cutouts for the joycon shoulder buttons. The only issue is that it doesn't really have room for an AC adapter, but other than that I can't think of much wrong with it.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
FYI: BestBuy Canada retail stores are apparently withholding a sizable amount Switches for the release of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. The ratio of Grey over Neon is 4:1.

BajiBoxer

Banned
They're still up for sale on Amazon for prime members (ordered one about 15 minutes ago), and my Best Buy in north Columbus (Polaris) told me that they're having basically a Switch "relaunch" tomorrow bringing out more consoles.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
They're still up for sale on Amazon for prime members (ordered one about 15 minutes ago), and my Best Buy in north Columbus (Polaris) told me that they're having basically a Switch "relaunch" tomorrow bringing out more consoles.

Yeah, it doesn't shock me that they brought out the big guns for Mario Kart.

It is pretty well known that Mario Kart is the big, mainstream franchise that will sell tons of switches. The local 2 player co-op and battle will sell so many systems.

TS-08

Looks like it's sold out on Amazon other than third party sellers.

Tubie

FYI: BestBuy Canada retail stores are apparently withholding a sizable amount Switches for the release of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. The ratio of Grey over Neon is 4:1.

Seems like they are doing this nationwide.

The BB closest to me will even start handing out tickets before they open tomorrow morning.

psaman17

Banned
My switch has really really shitty wifi. Is that normal?

Like i get 4 bars on my smartphone and 1 bar on the switch. Seriously?

evil ways

O83Rx72.jpg

Only took 5 days to get here from the AAFES site.

Btw, Toys R Us and Best Buys are selling their Switch stock today, and I believe it's nationwide. My store just handed out tickets and still had about 5-6 grey consoles left for walk ins. People still asking for the Nes Mini.

Dehnus

There is not enough supply to meet demand, they are not doing this on purpose and actually increased production

From one box of 7 per store to two boxxes of 7 per store?

Come on man, stop with the excuses, Sony delivered PALLETS filled with PS4's to stores for WEEKS on end.

And don't give me this crap about "Nintendo is small boohoohoo they cannot do that... so small...". They are a multinational, and Foxcon is more than willing to open up a few lines of production for a few weeks if they pay a few bucks more per system. They would still make a profit and the whole supply problem would have been solved like 3 weeks ago.

You cannot solve it right away, but a few weeks in? Sure.

Nintendo just wants those few bucks too! They will just keep trickling in and want the production lines to be as cheap as possible. Frankly put, they just don't care and care more about scalpers due to doing it this way.

Come on man, stop with the excuses, Sony delivered PALLETS filled with PS4's to stores for WEEKS on end.

And don't give me this crap about "Nintendo is small boohoohoo they cannot do that... so small...". They are a multinational, and Foxcon is more than willing to open up a few lines of production for a few weeks if they pay a few bucks more per system. They would still make a profit and the whole supply problem would have been solved like 3 weeks ago.

Nintendo just wants those few bucks too! They will just keep trickling in and want the production lines to be as cheap as possible. Frankly put, they just don't care and care more about scalpers due to doing it this way.

Sony didn't do a global launch. I would hope they would be able to deliver more stock in NA during launch window because of this. Would have been pretty sad otherwise.

Koppai

Remember Best Buy is handing out tickets this morning. There are a few Neon units available, si get in line if you are looking for one.

900k consoles in the US in March. Nintendo is shipping a LOT of consoles period.

Man what the fook? I was told by a tech site stock was coming back on May 1st, now I'm seeing prime members in the U.S got to order these past few days??

Yo, I'm literally sitting here everyday when I get home looking at my copy of Zelda (and now Mario Kart) for the past month now. This is getting really FUCKING annoying.

pshh...

like seriously

I had a friend that managed to pick one up in Reno, NV at a Target after work Tuesday. I was amazed he found one on the shelves so late in the day. He is a Nintendo noobie besides playing Pokémon growing up. He loves Zelda so far and has Mario Kart ordered from Amazon so we can play online this weekend.

AColdDay

I was at the local Target last night and they had six Switches sitting behind glass. It was the first time I've ever seen them out in the wild. I'm sure they will be gone by the end of the weekend.

Start to get ready to say F Switch man...

I'm spending money on games and can't even get a system and yet all these scalpers are like 'Brand New $460!!'

F my life...

can a kind soul please PM me or something if they go back up in the U.S. I simply don't have time to stop by local stores everyday.

Head.spawn

Went to a Target near me a few days ago; the whole place is Nintendo'd out.

You walk up to the front of the store, on the left a giant Mario head on the ground, on the right a giant Luigi. That was pretty cool.

Go to walk in the door and there is a Mario Kart style traffic light on the door; which plays the race countdown music and beeps whenever the door opens. Not going to lie, I giggled like a school girl when I heard it.

Walk inside, there is a 3-tiered tower display in the middle of the isle with just a shit ton of banana's on it for no good reason.

Being quite impressed, my wallet started scorching the lining of my pocket as I head to the videogame section. As I'm walking up I here the Zelda chest opening sound and proceed to get hyped... it ended up being some guys cellphone who was a shopper. I see the Nintendo display with plenty of games ready to buy, I round that corner and.....

4f4b13f6b096e636fba37f1333419bf8c32dae34_hq.gif

NOTHING!! They don't have SHIT!

Me: Hi there, do you happen to have any Nintendo Switch consoles?
CS: No. We barely get any at all, no idea what is going on.
Me: When do you expect more in?
CS: No idea. They told us we were supposed to be getting tons of units in to sell, but that was back a few weeks leading to Easter.... we've had a total of 6 come in since then.
Me: Wow! Wtf?! 6? Why all of the Nintendo theatrics around the store then if you don't have anything to sell?
CS: :(
Me: :/

I'm spending money on games and can't even get a system and yet all these scalpers are like 'Brand New $460!!'

F my life...

can a kind soul please PM me or something if they go back up in the U.S. I simply don't have time to stop by local stores everyday.

Do you have a smartphone and/or a Twitter account? If so, follow accounts like Wario64 and CheapAssGamer and turn on notifications for their accounts. They're the best way to know when things go up online.

TS-08

That's nuts. I guess there are people who sit out the random restocks and just wait for these 'relaunches'

I'm sure plenty of people only bother trying when they know for sure a store is getting stock in. That's why I'm never surprised when people say they were able to find some when they randomly entered some store, because that stock was probably unannounced and done on a weekday. But announced restocks have always resulted in lines to some degree since the Switch was released. Although bear in mind some of these people probably weren't planning to buy a Switch before today anyway, as they may have been waiting for MK8D to release.

hey guys, I have a good deal on a Used/Very good Switch, says original packaging, slight dent on front from bad handling. Fulfilled by Amazon, through Amazon warehouse deals?

I really want my Switch man, should I bite?

nvm...can't add it to my cart now -_-

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
hey guys, I have a good deal on a Used/Very good Switch, says original packaging, slight dent on front from bad handling. Fulfilled by Amazon, through Amazon warehouse deals?

I really want my Switch man, should I bite?

I've had fantastic experiences with Warehouse Deals, especially with things with damaged packaging. Usually the item is brand new.

It's so crazy to read this thread when here in Sweden I just walked into the nearest Media Markt on release day and bought one in the middle of the day.

Hope you guys get more stock soon!

E-phonk

Banned
Mario Kart release day and both Switch are still sold out on Amazon.fr, this is bad.

Amazon.co.uk has switches - and you get £20 off if you use the code VG20OFF150
Link: Neon switch
That makes it ~295 Euro

Edit: ok, they were up earlier - and now seem to be sold out again. Still, new ones arriving on tuesday and you can use the code on pre-orders.

I managed to catch my Gamestop on a lunch break the other day, they had about 6 left. Managed to leave, trade in the Wii U and games, and leave with a Switch for $138 within a half hour. So lucky!

F my life...

Sign up to stock tracking sites like nowinstock for online stock and brickseek etc. for brick & mortar and get text alerts for Switch stock at every store you would buy it from

I stopped by my local Target on my way to work this morning to try and snag myself a set of the joy-con wheels for 2-player MK8D times. Figured that going first thing in the morning was going to be my best shot before they're a pain in the balls to find.

Store was open for maybe 25 minutes by that point, they only had two sets there for purchase, grabbed the one. They did however have two Switches there on display for sale, so seems like they're getting a few in stock now and again.

Central Jersey for anyone looking to find one at a brick and morter store.

Tubie

So my local BB got a TON of units today, they even had a lot of the Neon units.

So if you're looking for one I would check the Best Buys near you.

I also noticed a lot of people picking up MK8 and not Zelda with their Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom