• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
But Zelda!! Oh wait you're enjoying Halo 6....I mean Halo 5 right now ;)

I kept it because I forgot about Mario Kart, then I ordered it from Amazon, and it just sat in My Orders as "release Date pending" - so I canceled this morning and will hit the stores. Anyone else experience that? When I tried to re-order from Amazon it looked "normal" but I want it today so I canceled again since same day shipping wasn't offered.

Neoxon

-AAAAAND-ITS-GONE-meme-24108.jpg

A.J.

Banned
Looks like none of my local stores got anything in today. Looks like I should just wait another month and see if the stock problems clear up a bit.

A.J.

Banned
You using istocknow (if in the US)?

No, I was just calling places. But I'm definitely going to use to now

Edit: It looks like a local Target not too far from me has some, but I'd prefer to buy it from Gamestop since I have some credit. So I guess I will keep waiting.

Ran a couple of errands yesterday, happened to walk through the electronics section and behold 2 Grey Switches behind the glass. Pretty happy I managed to find one, I didn’t think I was going to buy one till Splatoon. Ordered a screen protector and a 128gb card.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
No, I was just calling places. But I'm definitely going to use to now

Edit: It looks like a local Target not too far from me has some, but I'd prefer to buy it from Gamestop since I have some credit. So I guess I will keep waiting.

You could always use your credit to buy games and just get the system at Target.

Buy the system use credit on Zelda/Kart/eShopCard/Accessories

A.J.

Banned
You could always use your credit to buy games and just get the system at Target.

Buy the system use credit on Zelda/Kart/eShopCard/Accessories

I actually wanted to buy the games at Bestbuy using GCU. It really doesn't help my situation that I'm trying to minimize cost.

tempted to trade in my 3ds for credit at gamestop, local one here has some in stock. Trade in value is as high as itll likely ever be again but I dont think I can say goodbye to my 3ds just to play Zelda and Mario Kart 8 again. Ughhh.

I think if anyone actually wanted a switch badly, they would have one for MSRP. Scalpers can't make much now.

It has been in stock on bestbuy, amazon for hours and with nowinstock, brickseek and other websites that give you realtime monitoring and notify you, its pretty easy.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I think if anyone actually wanted a switch badly, they would have one for MSRP. Scalpers can't make much now.

It has been in stock on bestbuy, amazon for hours and with nowinstock, brickseek and other websites that give you realtime monitoring and notify you, its pretty easy.

Dude it was on BB for literally two secs. Like the OP could barely make the topic and had to immediately edit cause they were gone.

It's been like online everywhere for 1 min.

Better luck for people has been istocknow cause less chance of scalpers due to having to physically be there.

Interfectum

Seems anywhere from $50-100+ profit for scalpers on ebay.

Thanks for all the help guys, I will eventually snag one.

I'm hoping the tech sites reporting May 1st to have a big shipment for Amazon wasn't what happened yesterday. They mentioned prime members so I'm hoping Amazon has more coming and that little burst of 10k units or so wasn't all that we're getting until May 25th lol.

Amazon.com 2017 Game Rankings:

1: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2: Zelda Breath of the Wild(Switch)
3: Horizon Zero Dawn
4: Zelda Breath of the Wild(Wii U)
5: Resident Evil 7

But no one will buy a Switch for a port or will they
Honestly, I feel like many gamers are out there like me and generally just skipped WiiU. What felt like a continuation of something I hardly used anymore (wii) last generation is basically feeling like the next Nintendo console in forever. Mario Kart, Smash, Splatoon, etc...all this stuff is brand new for me, and I think there's a lot of gamers jumping back into Nintendo now.

They really should remaster everything that did over a million units for Switch. I'm gonna buy most of it, because I play Nintendo games for 2-3 years at a time.

Honestly, I feel like many gamers are out there like me and generally just skipped WiiU. What felt like a continuation of something I hardly used anymore (wii) last generation is basically feeling like the next Nintendo console in forever. Mario Kart, Smash, Splatoon, etc...all this stuff is brand new for me, and I think there's a lot of gamers jumping back into Nintendo now.

This was pretty much me. I was holding off for a while on the Wii U until there was enough to justify the purchase. Though by the time came, there were already rumors of NX already in the works, so I simply skipped it altogether.

We're getting Splatoon 2, Mario Kart just released. If they put out Mario Maker and maybe a port of Mario 3D World, I'be set. Smash is whatever to be as I already own it on 3DS.

Dude it was on BB for literally two secs. Like the OP could barely make the topic and had to immediately edit cause they were gone.

It's been like online everywhere for 1 min.

Better luck for people has been istocknow cause less chance of scalpers due to having to physically be there.

Amazon was for a while and yea if you really wanted and check those sites frequently, you should be able to get one, I saw the restocks at walmart and they would get 50+ in several locations near me.

Seems anywhere from $50-100+ profit for scalpers on ebay.

Maybe before, but now there are multiple listings for around $369 shipped and between ebay fees, shipping, paypal and risk of chargebacks and refunds, profits are minimal.

Jetku

Already have a switch and MK8D arrived via Amazon this morning, but popped in Best Buy on my way to lunch (Howell NJ store).

No Switches left. PLENTY copies of Mario Kart, and several wheel sets and pro controllers.

I've still never seen a Switch in the wild here besides launch night.

Mbrill82

I was out shopping a few places in Indianapolis this morning and saw lots of Switches at various places Target having the most.

Already have a switch and MK8D arrived via Amazon this morning, but popped in Best Buy on my way to lunch (Howell NJ store).

No Switches left. PLENTY copies of Mario Kart, and several wheel sets and pro controllers.

I've still never seen a Switch in the wild here besides launch night.

I've seen some up at the Middletown Target, but that was only recently. Once was a few days ago where they had two and one was being sold then and this morning they had two more in stock.

I grabbed one off of Amazon yesterday. Said it would arrive Tuesday. I got a shipping notification this morning that it will be here tomorrow. I gotta go buy Zelda now.

They really should remaster everything that did over a million units for Switch. I'm gonna buy most of it, because I play Nintendo games for 2-3 years at a time.

I completely agree. I don't need any bells and whistles like Mario Kart Deluxe. Just give me those games like Pikmin 3, Bayonetta, Toad Treasure Tracker, uhhh Xenoblade. I'm having a hard time thinking of Wii U games....

I had a NES, SNES, N64, GCN, and Wii. I skipped Wii U. I am excited for Mario Kart on my Switch. There are millions of Nintendo fans who skipped the WiiU like myself.

And those of us selling off the Wii U version right now and getting on the Switch version day one :)

Picked up MK8 at my BB and saw about 7 consoles sitting on the shelf. No neons however (I bought neon joycons the other day anyway lol)

So if any one is in the Gwinnett, ATL area, check out BB pleasanthill

Buttons

Been trying to get one in Germany for the past four weeks. Sold out everywhere in Frankfurt.

Was in Saturn and Mediamarkt today and they said they may get some in two weeks. The Gamestop nearby has no idea when they are getting another batch.
Amazon has been sold out for weeks, really disappointing. I so wanted to play Mario Kart 8 this weekend.

thatJohann

I walked by Best Buy in NYC by Columbus Circle and they had like 8 grey Nintendo Switches at the registers. They got stock today. There were two people in line buying two of them.

jon_dojah

Banned
I was 7th in line at Best Buy San Francisco. They had around 50 or more grey Switch and maybe 20 or so neons. Picked up a Neon and Mario Kart for my gf. I already have a grey switch and digital MK.

aett

Just picked up MK8 at the Best Buy near my office (Natomas, CA, FWIW) and they said they had a bunch of Switches available. The guy even asked me if I needed a system with my game (talk about that over 100% attach rate).

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I'm at best buy out of curiosity and there's plenty of gray units in stock in the mid afternoon. I'm tempted to get one despite feeling like a chump for buying beta hardware...

fantomena

I don't know where to ask, so Im just doing it here.

1) How do I know when the Switch Pro controller has finished charging?
2) How do I use it in handheld mode? What button do I use to connect it with?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

provided it's already paired to the device.. you should just be able to hit any(?) button to get it connected to the system. Then hit the controllers button on the home screen and reassign all controllers as you please.

Gray version now is stock, no bundles! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

It includes a free item:

Free In-Store Setup and Advice by Geek Squad®

A Geek Squad Agent will spend 1-on-1 time with you in store to help you set up and learn how to use the basic functionality of your device. An email with redemption instructions will be sent within 72 hours from store pickup date or item ship date. You can also go to BestBuy.com/FreeSetup to learn more and schedule your appointment after you make your purchase.

Wow, deal amazing!

Krakatoa

To pair just connect it to the switch using the USB cable. Once paired hit the home button to turn it on for use/start the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom