• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SURGEdude

Man that nowinstock tracker is a godsend. Managed to pick up a neon yesterday from walmart (using the app to get around the mandatory bundle). It's gonna get here on Wed, so excited to finally play BotW!

Do I need to do anything to keep the screen from getting scratched in the dock? Is that a real issue, or totally overblown?

Wait, sorry if I missed it but how does the app let you avoid the bundle?

Salex_

He probably meant istocknow.
http://www.istocknow.com/live/#device.0=switch
Nope, walmart app. If you go to their website you're forced into picking items for a bundle, if you use the walmart app you're able to just add the console to your cart and checkout. I'm pretty sure the app just doesn't have the ability to create a custom bundle so it defaults back to the product's item page. It's a Wario64 protip https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/858066753078796288
Ah, cool to know this.

Nope, walmart app. If you go to their website you're forced into picking items for a bundle, if you use the walmart app you're able to just add the console to your cart and checkout. I'm pretty sure the app just doesn't have the ability to create a custom bundle so it defaults back to the product's item page. It's a Wario64 protip https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/858066753078796288

SURGEdude

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. I mean the bundle isn't as abusive as some of Gamestop's but I'm not really sure I want either Zelda or Mario Kart when I can just Gamefly them somewhere down the road.

PSFan

It's really not hyperbole in saying that BotW and MK8 are two of the best video games ever created.

No, it really is hyperbole, the very definition of it actually. That is nothing but an opinion, that isn't shared by everyone. I don't even think BotW and MK8 are the best games in their respective series.

Snakeyes

No, it really is hyperbole, the very definition of it actually. That is nothing but an opinion, that isn't shared by everyone. I don't even think BotW and MK8 are the best games in their respective series.

It really isn't. There's a difference between "two of the best" and "the two best".

Hero

Shared by most then? You can put aside personal preference to understand why people (at large, both by critics and by fans) would be okay with saying that of either game.

Tks for the help guys...I finally got mines today from a local beat buy in North Jersey. Feels good...

I have MARIO Kart and Zelda, Spaltoon and Mario preorders, just hoping for a Smash remake and maybe some of those Kirby and Donkey kong games to be remastered as well.

Skipped the WiiU completely feels good to jump back into Nintendo world, especially as this system fits so well in my PS4 game time.

mstevens

Hey guys -

not sure where else to ask this. My mom was just able to pick one up in Portland, OR and she wants me to set it up for her so all of the grandkids can use it. I want to make separate accounts for each kid. For those with more than one kid, what did you do on your system? Do I need to make emails for each kid and Nintendo Accounts?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
No, at this point the only reason to link an account is for eShop. Eventually it will be for online play. But a non-linked account on the system should be all you need.

Pokemaniac

No, at this point the only reason to link an account is for eShop. Eventually it will be for online play. But a non-linked account on the system should be all you need.

There's been games with online play since launch. These games require an account to play online.

There is a concept of child accounts in the Nintendo Account system, but I don't know how bad the caveats on those are.

Neonep

I went to 2 different bestbuys yesterday and saw a total of 5 units and one of the stores doesn't carry their units on the floor so they probably had a few more.

SURGEdude

What games are you buying a Switch for, or do you get everything off gamefly?

Right now I think Tetris and maybe Bomberman and Jackbox. Down the line Rayman, Skyrim and likely Splatoon.

I know it's sacrilege but I'm not really a Zelda fan and I'm sorta meh on kart racers even though I know Mario Kart is getting high marks across the board. I'm really hoping to see what gets unveiled around e3.

I suppose at this point I'm buying more based on the potential than on what's on store shelves. The hybrid approach and the slow death of the Vita really make it more attractive.If it was just a stationary device I'd be in the wait and see camp. I was sad that it looks like Activision isn't bringing over CoD though. I don't need a ton of shooters, but a real CoD on the go would be amazing.

Maybe we'll get a Metroid. I really hope so, that and Donkey Kong are my favorite Nintendo IP's.

Solo Act

2 on the store shelves at the Best Buy in Fairview Heights IL. One grey, one neon.

Oh wow, I haven't heard that town name in forever! I lived in Fairview Heights for 3 years while stationed there for the Air Force at the turn of the century. Good memories of spending 12 hours waiting in line for the PS2 launch at the Circuit City in Fairview Heights.

That is such an old-timey sentence haha!

RedFox85

Tks for the help guys...I finally got mines today from a local beat buy in North Jersey. Feels good...

I have MARIO Kart and Zelda, Spaltoon and Mario preorders, just hoping for a Smash remake and maybe some of those Kirby and Donkey kong games to be remastered as well.

Skipped the WiiU completely feels good to jump back into Nintendo world, especially as this system fits so well in my PS4 game time.

A little OT here and I do NOT mean to pick on you in any way shape or form but I have been seeing more and more people type "mines" and it is driving me bonkers. Why do people feel the need to type "mines" I can understand if you say "mines" when talking, that makes sense and is fine - some people have an accent some people just speak that way.. but TYPING it though? That is weird. It would be like if people from the deep south started typing "Warsh" when talking about "wash".

Again, not picking on you - it's just something I am seeing multiple people do and it's weird to me - I might be alone in thinking this. Congrats on snagging the switch though :p.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
A little OT here and I do NOT mean to pick on you in any way shape or form but I have been seeing more and more people type "mines" and it is driving me bonkers. Why do people feel the need to type "mines" I can understand if you say "mines" when talking, that makes sense and is fine - some people have an accent some people just speak that way.. but TYPING it though? That is weird. It would be like if people from the deep south started typing "Warsh" when talking about "wash".

Again, not picking on you - it's just something I am seeing multiple people do and it's weird to me - I might be alone in thinking this. Congrats on snagging the switch though :p.

Maybe they picked up mines, which is unfortunate since it means they can't play their switch anymore.

Word play aside, yes, it is unfortunate that a speaking vernacular would spill over into typing, like how for the longest time "would've" or "would have" got misspelled as "would of."

Pilgrimzero

Been watching istocknow.com and the trend in my state seems to be, 2 stores get some (between 4-10) and they sale out within hours.

Man, Nintendo should just move their stock somewhere else instead of trying to sell it here for 200% of the US MSRP

ivDnNk9.jpg

Just came back from 4 months of travels and it is impossible to find a Switch here in the Netherlands. Online it is sold out everywhere. Every store I went to is sold out as well and nobody knows when new shipments will arrive. some shops still take pre-orders but one had a waiting list till july (kind of weird since they have no information concerning shipments) and the other had 20 people on the list and they received 4 Switches in 2 weeks.....lol. I feel sad :(

Seems like Nintendo blew all thier load during MK8 launch. It is sold out again everywhere and prices are once again rising on Amazon third party sellers. Could be a week to ten days of no stock again if the restock pattern holds.

weekev

Banned
Slightly off topic but the physical version of MK8 delixe is sold out in any store around me (I'm in Dundee Scotland), even online has a delay of at least 4 days. The demand for this thing is crazy and is reminding me of the early Wii days where you need to preorder every game.

There's lot of Mario Kart here at my Target in Southern California.

I think Nintendo loves us here or something. You can always get their stuff here. Hell, you can still buy Wii games (Brawl, Mario, SS, Etc.) and DS (Brain age, MK DS, Nintendogs) games.

Although we do get shortages. No switches here right now.

DR2K

Banned
There's lot of Mario Kart here at my Target in Southern California.

I think Nintendo loves us here or something. You can always get their stuff here. Hell, you can still buy Wii games (Brawl, Mario, SS, Etc.) and DS (Brain age, MK DS, Nintendogs) games.

Although we do get shortages. No switches here right now.

California is on the west coast. You get shipments first and faster due to proximity mostly

Once again, Switch Neon in stock on amazon uk, it was sold out on Friday noon.

Only 7 left now. It seems to be going in and out of stock all the time. I get the sense there's been some high volume and regular shipments to coincide with Mario Kart. Only £260 on Amazon with a coupon code as well, so pounce while you can.

Back in stock at Game as well although prices aren't appealing.

I ordered from Tesco on Saturday for £260 and it's shipped but out of stock again.

Interestingly, all stock appears to be neon.

Will stocks be better by the end of May, before E3? I want to buy but don't want to even imagine the chaos after E3 and its announcements.

KevinG

Wait until you buy the switch plus. Slightly bigger screen, better battery. And you'll buy it. Because it's super Mario red. Or Zelda gold.

I want you to remember this post.

Oh yes, I will give in to whatever special edition release that pulls me in.

I will sell my launch Switch toward it. This is how I've always approached the iterative nature of Nintendo's handheld hardware.

mocoworm

Amazon UK delivered my SWITCH NEON on Saturday!

It is AMAZING! So, so good.

Love Mario Kart 8, and Zelda is incredible. Had to force myself to turn it off at 1am this morning as I was up for work at 7. It's with me in the office now for my lunchbreak.

Nintendo have seriously knocked it out of the park with this console. I haven't even tried TV mode yet!

Chessr

And i am sitting here in Denmark Where no stores IRL beside gamestop want to stock this. Only online stores want it. They got burned af Wii u failure:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom