• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klaushm

Does Amazon have it on stock?
I know it is a hundred dollars more, but buying it in my country would be like 600+ dollars, at the cheapest place.

Since I'll have a short time in the US (2 weeks vacation trip), it's looking like a more certain bet.

Vena

Does Amazon have it on stock?
I know it is a hundred dollars more, but buying it in my country would be like 600+ dollars, at the cheapest place.

Since I'll have a short time in the US (2 weeks vacation trip), it's looking like a more certain bet.

Amazon has been out of stock for a while, and they preferentially allow on Prime members to buy any restocks. Your best bet will be to just find it at a Target/Walmart/Gamestop or whatever local retailer.

Amazon and online in general sells out in seconds to minutes.

klaushm

Amazon has been out of stock for a while, and they preferentially allow on Prime members to buy any restocks. Your best bet will be to just find it at a Target/Walmart/Gamestop or whatever local retailer.

Amazon and online in general sells out in seconds to minutes.

Oh. Thanks. That's enlightening.
I'm a Prime member, but doesn't look like I'll have that luck. It seems that July 8 is their next restock, but there should be a lot of users already waiting for it.

I think I'll need all my luck with local retailers.

NeoBob688

Got my switch, greater Philadelphia area. Looked on iStockNow Saturday morning. I saw a Walmart had some new stock in the south Philly burbs, Jersey side. I arrived 10 min too late. Doh!

Then Sunday morning I noticed there was new stock in a Walmart in North Philly suburbs, Jersey side, which arrived around 10 PM Saturday. I get there and the shipment box had not even been opened. The lady asked if I wanted 2 switches and said the prior day a scalper had purchased all 10 units. I just got 1. Hopefully some non-jerks who actually want one to own them got the rest.

Futureman

This is kinda weird...

I put my Switch + Mario Kart + Zelda for sale on NeoGAF for $373 (that's $420 retail).

One response over a week. The guy eventually backed out and said he found one elsewhere.

I decided to put it up on eBay and the auction is already at $455 with 3 days left.

I think we're in this weird spot where someone who is on a videogame forum like GAF can find a Switch with a little work, but the general populace still has a very hard time finding them so they are still selling over retail on eBay.

marmoka

Banned
So I finally ordered from Amazon.de

Unfortunately all those Switch-es sold out today, but they will be receiving more stock this Saturday. There's the possibility of booking a Switch today, and they will send it to me next Monday.

Expected date to receive is 15-18th July. I hope 15th is the day.

There's no other way if you live in Madrid. The console is sold out in all city.

ty_hot

I haven't seen a Switch in stock in the last month in Barcelona. I am not really looking for it, but I do check the video games section whenever I can in supermarkets/fnac/game.

I remember seeing a few in stock at FNAC but that was in May.

Vitet

I haven't seen a Switch in stock in the last month in Barcelona. I am not really looking for it, but I do check the video games section whenever I can in supermarkets/fnac/game.

I remember seeing a few in stock at FNAC but that was in May.

A friend of mine asked where to buy a Switch for his son and I just realized it's pretty much impossible here (Valencia, Spain).

He's telling me 40 to 50 waiting list on every store, with no estimated date to get one...

Vena

A friend of mine asked where to buy a Switch for his son and I just realized it's pretty much impossible here (Valencia, Spain).

He's telling me 40 to 50 waiting list on every store, with no estimated date to get one...

Ordering from other marketplaces seems to be the best bet in Europe from countries with a high demand.

My local Gamestop is selling a bundle.... Console, Zelda + DLC, pro controller and something else (can't freaking remember) for $450. I have $200 in credit from the sale.... This is a no brainer.

Kaizer

Banned
Just got a Switch Bundle from GameStop thanks to the GameStop sale & flipping games since Saturday. It's crazy how during E3, they were showing Xenoblade 2 & I was already making out a plan for how I'd get a Switch this Holiday season, now I'll have one in a few short weeks & barely had to spend any money to get it!

ty_hot

I was planning on buying one in xmas, because I felt like 'ofc it will drop in price by the end of the year... PS4 is selling a lot, Scorpio will be releasing at a competitive price and the X1 is probably getting a price cut..." but then:

Scorpio at 500
Nintendo 2DS at 150 (so they are probably not dropping the 3ds from 200 anytime soon)
PS4 keeps selling well but it doesnt impact the Switch at all (it is sold out still...)

They are not dropping the price this Xmas. And they will have Splatoon soon, then Mario and other games till the end of the year... 330 it is.

ReaperXL7

I'm currently trying to find a non bundled switch at GameStop in south Florida but at the moment it seems like that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Gotta try and find one before September for my daughters birthday but with my Switch money being stuck on a GameStop card my options are limited. It doesn't help that A GameStop employee told me they only sell the Switch in bundles that are $100-$150 over the base price which is dumb as fuck. Just going to have to keep calling my local stores a few times a week till I can snag one.

I wish Nintendo would make even a slight effort to put out more Red/Blue joy-cons. It's been months since they've been available in any meaningful capacity in the US.

Ashhong

I'm currently trying to find a non bundled switch at GameStop in south Florida but at the moment it seems like that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Gotta try and find one before September for my daughters birthday but with my Switch money being stuck on a GameStop card my options are limited. It doesn't help that A GameStop employee told me they only sell the Switch in bundles that are $100-$150 over the base price which is dumb as fuck. Just going to have to keep calling my local stores a few times a week till I can snag one.

The bundles dont seem that bad. What games are you planning on buying with it?

ReaperXL7

The bundles dont seem that bad. What games are you planning on buying with it?

For now just Mario Kart and Splatoon 2. As I mentioned It's for my daughters birthday and those are the two she seems to care about the most.

I saw that there is a Splatoon 2 bundle with green and pink Joycons that will be available in Japan but it hasn't been announced for the US.

Why are people so hot for the colored joycons? Just an aesthetic thing?

I grabbed a grey Switch on the weekend, seems fine to me. Not sure I need new Joycons

ReaperXL7

I grabbed a grey Switch on the weekend, seems fine to me. Not sure I need new Joycons

Personally I don't specifically care about the color of it, if the Green and Pink Splatoon bundle came to the US though it would be the one I'd buy because Pink is my daughters favorite color.

RE: Title question

Not bad at all! Grabbed a bundle on GameStop's website yesterday with some trade credit I had "for some reason." Thank God for a normal bundle as well. As Austin Powers would say, "Whisky, straight; no junk in it."

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

I wanted color just to have the color, but I got grey cause that's what was in stock when I got mine around the Kart launch.

I wasn't gonna wait just for a color when I found one. I get wanting to have a color variant, but I don't get actively passing up a grey system if that's all you can find.

Jims

It could be a decent time for a speculative sweep through the big retailers. I was coming home from a roadtrip today and found the last unit at a Walmart in Peoria, Illinois. It was the afternoon too, was expecting everyone on 4th of July holiday to have already looked.

Could be some leftover ones tomorrow if stores were restocking for the holiday.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Couldn't find a single joycon set within 20 miles of my home today :(. Really wanted to buy arms and play with my wife :((((

Miletius

Damn, looks like I missed out on some Zelda bundles over the weekend of the 4th at gamestop. Hope they come back into stock, those bundles are pretty much what I want out the system.

Neonep

Seems that more units are popping up. Also I'm sure they are going to ship out more units when Splatoon 2 comes out.

Also what is the most recent sales number for the Switch?

marmoka

Banned
I bought a Switch at Amazon.de two days ago. I live in Madrid.

According to Amazon.de, they will ship my Switch today, and I should receive it next Thursday.

I'm so nervous...!

m00h

Banned
I will visit Japan (Tokyo and Kyoto) by the end of August, and my idea was to buy a Switch there, since it's ~100 EUR cheaper than in Germany. Anyone has an idea how the actual retail stock situation is? I read somewhere that's not easy to find a Switch in Tokyo, but should be possible in Kyoto.
Also, any reasons (besides warranty) not to get a unit in Japan?

Gestault

Target and Gamestop near me (Northeast US) have had stock and/or direct-orders available for the last several days. It seems like it's more units than staff had expected, which is a good sign.

Switches are so easy to find here in Canada (at least where I live) - it's crazy to read how much of an ordeal it is to get one in the US! Could it be the $400 price tag here?

Target and Gamestop near me (Northeast US) have had stock and/or direct-orders available for the last several days. It seems like it's more units than staff had expected, which is a good sign.

Dang, that's surprising. It's a wasteland here in Indiana. Maybe they'll start making their way westward soon. :)

sasimirobot

There are tons available in Hong Kong!

If anyone has a layover I suggest picking one up there, I think with the current conversion rate it comes to about 320$US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom