• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.
Edit: non-asshole answer: It depends what you want from it, if you want 4 player motion controlled ARMS, or just the advantage of being able to have one player per joy con in some games like Bomber Man, you might prefer to get more joycons.

Thanks for the non-asshole answer lol

No joycons around here anywhere.. so thinking about getting multiple pro controllers.. but I guess I'll wait and see.

Rival

Gold Member
Don't do it! It seems like BestBuy likes to hoard their stock until a Sunday and put it out at once, and there are employees in here that inform us when that happens. Just line up and you'll get one. I got one within a week of looking. Be strong

If it helps anyone get a switch I can confirm the Sunday thing as that is exactly what a Best Buy employee told me a couple days ago. Anyways my GameStop Switch/Zelda/Pro Controller bundle I ordered in store on the 4th delivered today! So the search is over for me! Mario Kart on in handheld mode feels amazing!

If it helps anyone get a switch I can confirm the Sunday thing as that is exactly what a Best Buy employee told me a couple days ago. Anyways my GameStop Switch/Zelda/Pro Controller bundle I ordered in store on the 4th delivered today! So the search is over for me! Mario Kart on in handheld mode feels amazing!

Does this happen on every Sunday or just specific ones? My hours on Sunday got switched to night shift instead of morning shift and I'm wondering if that's a sign. (Have the iStockNow notifications on just in case.

I signed up to get notifications and it seems like the Targets here in Chicago are getting a regular supply of them, just got an email about a grey model. I’mma hold for a red and blue.

Have we heard anything about a restock at Best Buy this Sunday? I have a 200 gc burning in my wallet that I'd Like to use towards the Switch.

Christ. Finally I can got one for myself.
I've been sitting on $260 in Amazon credit for damn near two months...

This is the first official restock on Amazon since May 17th.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Sigh. I'm tempted to pick one up but still have some reservations.

I want to get rid of my WiiU if I buy a Switch but Switch still has no media capabilities.

Also, we have no idea what happens to our digital content. I have some VC games on WiiU and tons on the Wii on my WiiU.

Finally... Need to see how online will actually work.

Too many unknowns for me. Shame because I really want the system and many games on it

Davey Cakes

My friend's wife bought him TWO Switches for his birthday. One with the grey Joy-Cons and ARMS, the other with the blue/red Joy-Cons and Zelda. Add in an extra pair of Joy-Cons and a carrying case. She wanted him to have a choice. I'm wondering what kind of witchcraft she used to obtain the consoles from actual retail stores at base price.

However, he's returning ALL OF IT. He's not interested.

I wanted to call him a madman.

GameStop has two new bundles up - one with Arms, yellow joycons and joycon charging station and another with Zelda + DLC, Arms and Mario Kart.

I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on one of them. Might end up flipping the physical games for digital, though.

I'm so mad for sleeping in today, but at least I know iStocknow is legit. Got the notification for the original stock and the later restock too (when they went back on sale for a short time).

I'd go in for the GameStop bundles, but I REALLY want to get one before the Splatoon test next Saturday.

Edit: That Ultimate Fan Bundle is actually a pretty sensible bundle for once. Buying all of that separately would be about the same price. Didn't see the Arms one had the charging station, thought it was a 3rd set of Joycons. That one's reasonable too.

I'm so mad for sleeping in today, but at least I know iStocknow is legit. Got the notification for the original stock and the later restock too (when they went back on sale for a short time).

I'd go in for the GameStop bundles, but I REALLY want to get one before the Splatoon test next Saturday.

Edit: That Ultimate Fan Bundle is actually a pretty sensible bundle for once. Buying all of that separately would be about the same price. Didn't see the Arms one had the charging station, thought it was a 3rd set of Joycons. That one's reasonable too.

Yeah I think I'm going to go for the Ultimate Fan one. I'd rather have Arms and MK8 (already beat Zelda on Wii U) than an extra Joycon right now. You can play both of those games with a single Joycon right (meaning, my wife and I can play together with just one Joycon each?)

Yeah I think I'm going to go for the Ultimate Fan one. I'd rather have Arms and MK8 (already beat Zelda on Wii U) than an extra Joycon right now. You can play both of those games with a single Joycon right (meaning, my wife and I can play together with just one Joycon each?)

Yeah you can play both games with one Joycon.

Futureman

There are Plenty of Unsold Switches here on Greece. Should I Buy-Sell them on Ebay or something?

so you would be selling on US eBay?

I doubt it would be worth it. I just did an auction for my used Switch + MK 8 + Zelda that went for $455 but then the buyer emailed me right after the auction ended and said they bought at Gamestop already and sorry (ass).

I just put it back up as a Buy-It Now @ $450. If it sells at this price, after eBay/PayPal fees I will just about break even. I don't think you are going to make any money flipping now.

Theonik

There are Plenty of Unsold Switches here on Greece. Should I Buy-Sell them on Ebay or something?
You could have sooner. There was nice opportunity with it and NES Mini earlier this year the latter you could still profit off of I reckon.

Rival

Gold Member
Does this happen on every Sunday or just specific ones? My hours on Sunday got switched to night shift instead of morning shift and I'm wondering if that's a sign. (Have the iStockNow notifications on just in case.

I would guess it's just random as I don't think most Best Buy's are getting stock every week. Best bet would be to go or call early on Sunday mornings.

gardfish

My hunt is over! IStockNow let me know that my local Gamestop had a Switch in stock, and I goddamn booked it over there. Someone had called ahead of me and told them they were just one subway stop away and would be there soon, but they told me if the person who called wasn't there by 2 it would be mine, and they never showed up. I had over $300 in in-store credit from the trade-in deal a few weeks back, so I basically got it for free :)

Good luck to everyone still searching!

Damn. Only if it was the gray joy-con instead of neon...

I think I'm going with the ultimate fan.

The ultimate fan one seems okay, just one eh game included with two must buys. But you can probably wait for a better bundle, they seem to be updating every day.

klaushm

The ultimate fan one seems okay, just one eh game included with two must buys. But you can probably wait for a better bundle, they seem to be updating every day.

For me it's awesome. Because I want all of those hehe.

Edit: Oh! Will keep both eyes on. Thanks o/

ReaperXL7

Got excited because Istock said a local GameStop had switches in stock but when I called the guy that answered the phone said they haven't received any recently.

Really aggravating that they keep forcing these bundles on the site.

I guess I'll snag one of those bundles online and still keep an eye out for local stock.

Anyone know how easy it would be to cancel in the event I find one locally first? It says nothing will be charged until shipping, which is good.

Tjamato88

I had one of the consoles in my cart this morning but got second thoughts and then it was gone.

I really just want the Switch, Zelda, MK8 and Splatoon 2 when it comes out.

TransTrender

Gold Member
I called a local Best buy 2 days ago and snagged one. They had 6 in stock since last Friday.

OK so I called the phone number for my local Best Buy (local area code and automated greeting) and it seems to direct you to a call center that doesn't know anything specific about the store.
WTF?!
When did this happen?

klaushm

When they say "Ships By 7/21" does it ever ship earlier?
I'm buying a Switch for a road trip and need it delivered on the 21st.

I'll be traveling through states but staying some not-yet-defined days in some. Like Florida. I'll probably be there from 19 until 24. Hope it delivers between these dates.

Yeah, I ordered the Zelda/Pro Controller bundle Monday night and it shipped 7/5 despite the ship date online saying 7/7. Got here today.

My hope lies within this information.

TransTrender

Gold Member
So I was tempted to buy one of those overpriced Switch bundles from GS and apparently they like to charge for shipping on orders like these?
Decided to pass.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Yep that's the hold up for me. :( I think you can order the bundles in store and maybe avoid the shipping?

Hah, I just called my local store about this.
When they answer they say they have bundles, but they're just whatever bundles that currently have pre-order stock on their website. If you order it in store it's still shipped to home.

Hah, I just called my local store about this.
When they answer they say they have bundles, but they're just whatever bundles that currently have pre-order stock on their website. If you order it in store it's still shipped to home.

So you still pay for shipping that way? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom