• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corginand

Finally managed to order one from Amazon this morning but I haven't been charged yet. Is this normal?

If everything goes well I'll start looking for a case while I wait for it.

Gluka

I don't understand how the Amazon orders work. Are you guys paying $400 for your Switches or have they ran out and these are the hockers selling at a premium?

klaushm

I don't understand how the Amazon orders work. Are you guys paying $400 for your Switches or have they ran out and these are the hockers selling at a premium?

The gray one was $300 two days ago(prime user).
I think it was exclusive to prime users.

Edit: I'm super wrong. See below.

Nydius

They've run out. The ones you see now are third party scalp.. err, sellers. Every now and then Amazon gets a restock which they usually put up as Prime-only. They're gone super fast. I was lucky enough to get one of this morning's red/blue restocks but they were gone within minutes and then the page defaulted back to the third party only sellers.

Izayoi

Banned
God, fuck Nintendo.

Also, fuck whoever told me they would be in Stock at Amazon on Prime Day and so I cancelled my relatively cheap scalper order (~$380, with the fact that there was no tax it would've been about a $50 markup).

First the 3DS, now this. NoA is full of incompetent hacks.

Rmagnus

Banned
God, fuck Nintendo.

Also, fuck whoever told me they would be in Stock at Amazon on Prime Day and so I cancelled my relatively cheap scalper order (~$380, with the fact that there was no tax it would've been about a $50 markup).

Lol why are you mad at your own fk up?

Izayoi

Banned
Lol why are you mad at your own fk up?
I made a call in good faith and was let down.

Regardless, NoA has proven their incompetence time and time again, and it's really starting to frustrate me. Someone fire Reggie, this shit is unbelievable.

Regardless, NoA has proven their incompetence time and time again, and it's really starting to frustrate me. Someone fire Reggie, this shit is unbelievable.
Seriously, calm down. It's not that serious and you're only making yourself look foolish.

Maxinas

God, fuck Nintendo.

Whoever told you that must be some kind of clairvoyant, otherwise i don't see how this is not your fault.

Izayoi

Banned
Seriously, calm down. It's not that serious and you're only making yourself look foolish.
My individual issue is not serious, but it is indicative of a larger failing by Nintendo of America. They have been mismanaged for years, and it has been coming to a head over the last six months or so. We've seen it with the NES Classic, the 3DS, and now the Switch. At one point every type of Nintendo hardware, from the 2DS through the Switch, was unavailable through traditional retail channels.

How is that possible, especially considering that the 3DS has been out for years? It's insane.

Whoever told you that must be some kind of clairvoyant, otherwise i don't see how this is not your fault.
I'm not particularly upset over this, it doesn't really matter, it's just that I've been frustrated with NoA for a long time regarding their inane inability to keep hardware in stock.

I haven't been paying very close attention to the Switch stock situation, but I'd like to jump in on the Switch now. What's the best way to try to get one at this point other than paying more for a scalper's system?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I haven't been paying very close attention to the Switch stock situation, but I'd like to jump in on the Switch now. What's the best way to try to get one at this point other than paying more for a scalper's system?

Amazon should have more stock for Prime members tomorrow. Jump on it. Otherwise, nowinstock dot com.

ggx2ac

My individual issue is not serious, but it is indicative of a larger failing by Nintendo of America. They have been mismanaged for years, and it has been coming to a head over the last six months or so. We've seen it with the NES Classic, the 3DS, and now the Switch. At one point every type of Nintendo hardware, from the 2DS through the Switch, was unavailable through traditional retail channels.

How is that possible, especially considering that the 3DS has been out for years? It's insane.

I'm not particularly upset over this, it doesn't really matter, it's just that I've been frustrated with NoA for a long time regarding their inane inability to keep hardware in stock.

There were more 3DS units shipped to the Americas last FY compared to the one previous to that.

FY3/2017 had 2.55 million 3DS units shipped to the Americas.

FY3/2016 had 2.25 million 3DS units shipped to the Americas.

There was an increase YoY but demand probably wasn't satiated since the increase in demand was due to the Pokémon Go effect -> New consumers buy 3DS -> buy Pokémon Sun and Moon -> Pokémon Sun and Moon becomes fastest selling Pokémon game ever hitting 15 million copies sold in 4 months.

TankRizzo

Banned
God, fuck Nintendo.

I managed to buy a total of 7 switches for family and friends. How have you not found 1? Lmao

Izayoi

Banned
Amazon should have more stock for Prime members tomorrow. Jump on it. Otherwise, nowinstock dot com.
Where is this information originating from? It is not the first time I have heard it, and I would like to know if there is a concrete source or if it is a rumor.

When will they be in stock, Midnight PDT?

Hard to make switches when there is a parts shortage nintendo can only make as many as they have parts for.

Izayoi

Banned
I managed to buy a total of 7 switches for family and friends. How have you not found 1? Lmao
Good for you. I have one already, this second unit would be for my wife.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to constantly camp GAF threads and istocknow in the hopes of maybe grabbing one of the 5 units that periodically go up at various retailers.

Scrawnton

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to constantly camp GAF threads and istocknow in the hopes of maybe grabbing one of the 5 units that periodically go up at various retailers.
Follow cheap ass gamer on twitter. And wario 64. Never miss a deal again

Where is this information originating from? It is not the first time I have heard it, and I would like to know if there is a concrete source or if it is a rumor.

I second this question, any idea what time they'll be available?

I just bought a Switch today and will receive it tomorrow since it was part of the Prime Day sale on Amazon. It's still overpriced after the discount, I think that's the reason why they put it on sale... nobody's buying it here. who would've thought I'd get a Switch just in time for Splatoon 2.

SlickVic

Not sure there's a confirmed source, just speculation (unless they mentioned something on Twitter). It's just Amazon has had Switches in stock at some point in 3 of the last 4 days after seemingly not having any for nearly 2 month (stock websites have Amazon's last shipment May 17, not sure if that's accurate). Walmart.com had some (briefly) today as well. While the Switch has been available at stores on and off the last few months, this is the first time at least in a while they've been available online for more than a fleeting moment. It's possible it might dry up again, but it's looking like their stock is hopefully coming back up finally.

As far as timing, it seems they've been going up around 12PM EST the last few times on Amazon, but no guarantee they'll keep doing that time.

I just bought a Switch today and will receive it tomorrow since it was part of the Prime Day sale on Amazon. It's still overpriced after the discount, I think that's the reason why they put it on sale... nobody's buying it here. who would've thought I'd get a Switch just in time for Splatoon 2.

Is this outside the US? Pretty sure it was just the MSRP price over here.

You end up being stuck with a bunch of shit you absolutely do not want. You have to waste time trying to sell these games and accessories that came bundled. And let's be honest, you're not going to sell them at the same price for what you just paid for them.

It's just as bad as scalping.

Got Arms, Switch, and 128GB Micro SD Card for $399. Not Complaining.

God, fuck Nintendo.

Uh..they were in stock on Amazon today.

And are you not aware of the parts shortage that is contributing heavily to the lack of Switch units (combined with the popularity)? NoA are not magicians.

Follow Wario64 on Twitter and turn on notifications for his tweets.

isn't this a problem on the production side of things though? which wouldn't be NoA, we do know that they're competing for parts which hurts production and it's not like they're purposefully not making enough. just seems like you're overreacting a bit.

Higgy

I got my Switch launch day at Shopko. They've had literally 9 in stock the last three weeks. Now it's 8. They've sold 1 that whole time. Everytime I look I'm like WTF. Every other store Walmart, Target, Gamestop is sold out but no one seems to look there. They have a weird console display system that is a plastic envelope with tickets inside them. That's the only reason I can think they aren't selling their stock.

OryoN

Thinkgeek.com has the grey Switch available in two $419 Zelda BoTW bundles.
One comes with a Zelda themed watch, and the other with a Zelda themed shield backpak.

These are well worth it if either of those extras items appeals to you(both pretty cool, IMO). More importantly, if you hope to get a Switch in time for Splatoon(or have yet to play The Legend of Zelda BoTW!), and don't care to throw a an extra $150 to scalpers, go for it!

Messiek

All I want right now is a pair of neon joycons. They are even harder to find.

Edit: I spotted a pair of red neon joycons being sold in the panama airport for $110 . I have a feeling they'll sit there forever :/

Nydius

Starting to be a bit concerned with my Amazon order from yesterday's stock. It's gone from "Not yet shipped" to "Preparing to ship" back to "Not yet shipped" - no charge on my Amazon store card for it yet.

Anyhoo... I have a 64GB MicroSD card just sitting here unused that I plan on installing. Since I'm not going digital (at least not yet, anyway) and really only plan to buy a couple things like Fast RMX, think 64GB will be enough for now?

klaushm

All I want right now is a pair of neon joycons. They are even harder to find.

Edit: I spotted a pair of red neon joycons being sold in the panama airport for $110 . I have a feeling they'll sit there forever :/

I don't even mind the color. I just want a pair of even colors.

marmoka

Banned
So my Switch is out for delivery again. It was supposed to arrive yesterday, but it was finally delayed till Thursday.

I hope today is the day. My friend had the same problem yesterday and has already told me he already received it.

Coxy100

Banned
The first part of your post sounds like a stealth brag post.

The second half where you laugh at someone trying to find a Switch in stock (when it's obvious stock is hard to come by hence the thread we're in) is just weird mate.

marmoka

Banned
So I finally received my Switch. I ordered it from amazon.de one week ago, to ship it to Madrid. It was initially expected to arrive next Monday, but got it one week earlier.

Europeans, try Amazon.de to get it. It worked fine for me and a friend who ordered the same day.

As soon as I have news of stock in different websites, I will let you know.

Shiggy

So I finally received my Switch. I ordered it from amazon.de one week ago, to ship it to Madrid. It was initially expected to arrive next Monday, but got it one week earlier.

Europeans, try Amazon.de to get it. It worked fine for me and a friend who ordered the same day.

As soon as I have news of stock in different websites, I will let you know.

Yeah, Amazon.de still has stock, both for the neon-coloured version and the Zelda bundle, which isn't a bad deal either if you have a Prime (without Prime not so much).

Hustler

I got my Switch launch day at Shopko. They've had literally 9 in stock the last three weeks. Now it's 8. They've sold 1 that whole time. Everytime I look I'm like WTF. Every other store Walmart, Target, Gamestop is sold out but no one seems to look there. They have a weird console display system that is a plastic envelope with tickets inside them. That's the only reason I can think they aren't selling their stock.

Shopko still exists....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom