• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
eBayers holding all the Switches hostage

HeatBoost

Picked one up tonight. It was the last one on the shelf at Wal Mart, at 2AM

MSRP, baby. Fuck a bundle that comes with a 80 dollar backpack.

Shiggy

EuroGAF....
What is on average the waiting time on euro Amazon sites (preferably Amazon.de, but any will do)?

Not sure if I understand your question. You mean delivery time? Within Germany, 1 to 2 days. Within Europe, less than a week. If you put the item into your shopping basket and then go to checkout, the estimated delivery date will be shown.

EuroGAF....
What is on average the waiting time on euro Amazon sites (preferably Amazon.de, but any will do)?

Both the Neon and the Grey Switch is now in stock and sold through Amazon directly on Amazon.de. But this is a recent development. I've been checking regularly and until about two/three weeks ago the Switch was constantly sold out on Amazon.de except some very short-term availability of small quantities every now and then.

JCH!

I saw around 10 Switches yesterday at the Saturn in Alexanderplatz in Berlin yesterday. Lots of Splatoon 2 bundles.

sorathecrow

Neo Member
My local walmart has had them in stock for over a month. I saw one and jumped on it, hadn't expected to see it because at the time the local gamestop was peddling these bundles for quite a bit of markup.

boo

Gold Member
Okay, took the plunge yesterday. Bought some clothes in the last week of my summer vacation, noticed a store in Oslo had the new Splatoon-bundle and decided that I didn't want to wait anymore.

And such an elegant system, takes up so little space. Placed it beside my TV where my Wii U used to be (Wii U plus a 3,5 inch external harddisk on top). This looks so much better.

Fistwell

Both the Neon and the Grey Switch is now in stock and sold through Amazon directly on Amazon.de. But this is a recent development. I've been checking regularly and until about two/three weeks ago the Switch was constantly sold out on Amazon.de except some very short-term availability of small quantities every now and then.
Neon has been in stock now and then, grau had been sold out for times immemorial. They had just a cple in stock about maybe a week ago? I actually checked earlier today and they had new stock of grau. Snagged one for myself.

Neon has been in stock now and then, grau had been sold out for times immemorial. They had just a cple in stock about maybe a week ago? I actually checked earlier today and they had new stock of grau. Snagged one for myself.

Neon has been in stock for about a week consistently now though. And even Grey has been in stock since yesterday, so maybe the supply constraints have stopped in Germany?

ATF487

Gamestop.com has Zelda bundles up for preorder, they ship next week. 400 for Zelda, Zelda DLC and Has Been Heroes.

I bought one. Between this and the SNES classic I've spent 500 bucks in the past week without having played a game besides Fifa in months. Oh well!

Koppai

We just had over 30 for splatoon launch on friday and sold them all. We got a few more systems today. Check Best Buy y'all.

Anyone in Los Angeles know of a place hat has stick at MSRP?

Best of luck to you. I went to a Best Buy in Burbank as it opened last week and there was a line of 20 people already there. The Switch hype around LA is fierce.

On istocknow at the moment, the closest location to me that claims to have stock is 25 miles away, and I'm pretty certain that's an error.

If I were you, I'd call up your nearest Best Buy/Target/whatever and ask them what days they get Switch stock (assuming there is a set day) and then go to those stores just before they open on those days.

Colored joy-con stock is super frustrating
Yeah, they're hard to find.

A while ago I got "lucky" and found a "new" (AKA box had already been opened and resealed with scotch tape) pair of neon joycons for "just" $4 extra. Turns out they had been returned due to the left joycon signal issue. I guess the previous owner didn't know Nintendo repairs them for free (or didn't care to go through the process.) I sent it to Nintendo and got it back 3 days later and now it works perfectly.

F34R

There were two at my local WalMart this morning. I was grabbing both to sell on here, but as I was being checked out a father/son came to the counter and asked the worker if there were any more.

I felt bad for having both, so I gave him one of them, and I only bought one. His son was super happy lol.

bman94

Wait, am I reading this right, you bought three Switches?

Nope, as the poster below stated, I bought 1, while the two other guys bought 2 each. Also buying 3 Switches at once would be wasteful and extremely expensive for me.

Some of you guys may have seen my thread but my Switch was defective. It ran like shit in docked mode with constant freezing, input lag and awful visual quality/anomalies. I sent it off yesterday for repairs so I gotta wait 3-4 weeks for repair. I was really enjoying Splatoon 2 and Puyo Puyo Tetris too.

https://www.g2kgames.net/collections/switch/products/switch-console-with-blue-red-joy-con

https://www.g2kgames.net/collections/switch/products/switch-console-with-gray-joy-con

This is a pretty great little indie chain that's open in Southwest Virginia/Northeast TN -- they've got quite a few basic and Neon consoles in stock right now. Shipping's not free but the prices look pretty good.

i can vouch for this company. Great people.

Thanks for the heads up, you two! I just placed an order.

Head.spawn

Anyone in South New Jersey, they have 9 8 in-stock at Best Buy in Mays Landing. For some reason they aren't on the floor and I'm not sure if they are showing up online, but they're there as of a minute ago.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'm posting this here because where I work, I can't access the Gamestop Website, and I can't get cell signal to verify whether any are left.

The Gamestop Website has six bundles ranging from $349.99-$399.99. Might have some left in stock for anyone interested.

Walmart near me yesterday had Neon Switches (also had the new 2DS XL out a day early) so I guess they got a small shipment for Nintendo Friday.

Side note: managed to grab a set of Neon (R/B) joycons from Amazon today.

Darksol

My local Geo got 17 Switch in today: 10 regular and 7 Splatoon sets. Since 250+ people showed up, it was by lottery.

I remain unlucky

I don't know if this was posted really but they are back in stock on the aafes website. There's also a code where you can save 17% so the total price is $248 tax free. You just need to find a friend that's in the military to access the site. Me and my buddy ordered last Friday and they got here Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom