• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroCDR

Bought a Switch online last week and it came over the weekend, really enjoying it so far! Screen protector application was a nightmare, but eventually got a dust free screen, worth it to know I won't be hurting the screen when wiping it down or docking.

I've been playing Splatoon 2 and Sonic, thinking about selling my BOTW U for the Switch version, but I'm not dying to get back into it. Have Pokken and Mario pre-ordered, very excited for how good the software is this early.

The wifi is really weird in that it won't connect to my router unless I'm standing right next to it, but then I can go anywhere else in the house and it stays connected *shrug*.

Turrican3

No units available at my local Mediaworld/Mediamarkt (I'm in Italy)

The clerk said the Switch is basically gone as soon as some stock arrives, but to be honest I haven't ever seen more than 2-3 consoles on the shelves so I have no idea about actual sales volume (I should also add the store is quite big but videogames have a far smaller dedicated area than it used to be)

Rahvar

Sweden seems to be firmly Sony land at this point. After the initial burst Switches are beeing sold at around the same rates as xbones. Ps4 multiple times that. At least at the retailer I work for.

atpbx

Readily available at Amazon in the U.K.

And Argos.

And Toys r us.

And Smyths (store collect only 4 in Nottingham as we speak)

And Shopto.

So knock yourselves out guys

Yeah for those in the UK looks like Argos/Amazon are your best bet. Grey seems to be scarce but Neon is readily available. Also WTF at GAME charging £375? Fuck me that's ridiculous. £100 over the RRP? Thanks but no thanks GAME. I'll be buying one, for you know, it's actual price.

All the Targets around me (Milwaukee) have had steady supply of stock of the Grey ones, however today finally one had 3 Neons! I finally got one :)

koutoru

Local Target had about 5 in stock (mid-west US).
By the end of the week, there was still 1 left.

Much easier to find them physically then hunting for them online.

Just a heads up for anyone, like me, still looking for one:

It seems that Best Buy will have them in stock this coming Sunday as per their weekly ad.

Thanks CAG

Just saw this in Cologne:

img_2914insu3.jpg

Gamestop.com has a store indicator for just the system just held one at 3 different stores so im hoping at least one still has one gs online is shobby at best with actually stock representation

There are a dozen sitting in the case of my local Target (Nashville area). I'm seeing them in stock more and more places. Glad it's no longer the mad rush it used to be.

My best buy had a bunch on Thursday. I bought ANOTHER neon to keep stored away for a possible Homebrew future. So, now I have two neon's and one grey. I am crazy.

They seem to be much easier to find now. I went to Target 2 days ago and the had a bunch.

Yeah. It has seemed like they were doing big shipments on the day of their big game of the month (arms, Splatoon 2). So, I wonder if they'll all have another big load come Tuesday for Ubi-Mario, or if the midweek one last week is it. If they keep this up, it might not be that crazy come Holiday time. We'll see.

Iacobellis

Saw about five or six Gray ones at my local Target (US) on Thursday. This was the first time I had seen any of my local shops have the system in-stock.

MilkyJoe

In the UK if people still having a time finding them, have you tried Sainsbury's? My local has had the neon version in stock every weekend I am up there for months and I noticed yesterday, they had the grey too.

DoomGyver

I finally purchased a neon Monday night. I had seen them off and on at my local Walmart and finally caved. I figured that I better buy one now before the Christmas rush. $460 to play BotW with a pro controller, also preordered mario and will buy mk8 once I'm done with Zelda. Joycons are too small for me.

Hopefully they sort the stock out soon. Starting to think about picking one up for Oddysey, but when places like Cex are charging £320 for a used one (wish they'd go out of business honestly) I don't have much hope.

turnbuckle

Local Target here in Kalamazoo, MI had maybe half a dozen in stock yesterday.

I was tempted, but with a work deadline looming I held off. I figured it was a sign they are getting the stock situation worked out.

at least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't feel bad for passing one up :p

nickerous

Local Best Buy had them for online pickup on Tuesday. I went in on Wednesday afternoon...they still had a black and a neon in the cage.

Definitely keep an eye on Best Buy. I know they got a ton for Mario Xcom, they actually have them available to order for pickup on the website (or at least yesterday they did) which I've never seen before. I picked mine up yesterday, I know they have a stockpile going on for the upcoming ad.

Bestbuy still has Switch for store pick-up in most locations.

Look like NA is getting a lot of shipment? GS still keeps pre-order page up for awhile now.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Christ, its going to be a bloodbath this holiday when Mario hits. I probably should have kept my pre-order in hindsight...

ramparter

Banned
Amazon UK has the Nintendo Switch for 280 EUR right now:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4NBHPM/

Use the code VG20OFF150

50 Euros less than what retailers in Germany charge.
Those arent euros.
Weird that there are so many available in Europe and in Japan and the US you gotta play lottery..
They are probably still less than US and Japan, its just that the demand is lower in Europe. I expect those to be sold anyway but will take more time.

Only four in the case at my local Fred Meyer in Snohomish,WA. Snagged two neons to stash under the bed till Christmas. My girls gonna flip! Well my wife already did....alert on her phone came up with a $640 dollar random charge on the credit card. I didn't even make it to the car before my phone rang..

It was a cross between aggravation and relief as I explained I had a receipt, we had the option to return them, and that she would have ZERO Christmas shopping to do for the kids.

Boom. Roasted.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Seen a few in San Diego. At a Toys R Us and a Target in the last few days. First time I've ever seen a Switch "out in the wild" just sitting on a store shelf.

Supply finally caught up with demand?

xJavonta

Banned
Haven't been in this thread since I got mine but I frequently see them at Target in the Chicagoland area. As a matter of fact a couple weeks ago they had a few neons and a few greys in stock. Grabbed one for my brother.

Makonero

Only four in the case at my local Fred Meyer in Snohomish,WA. Snagged two neons to stash under the bed till Christmas. My girls gonna flip! Well my wife already did....alert on her phone came up with a $640 dollar random charge on the credit card. I didn't even make it to the car before my phone rang..

It was a cross between aggravation and relief as I explained I had a receipt, we had the option to return them, and that she would have ZERO Christmas shopping to do for the kids.

Boom. Roasted.
What games did you get them? Or are you gonna do that digitally on Christmas Day?

Just saw this in Cologne:

I do wonder how the Switch is really faring. It was such a big initial success and remained sold-out for months, but ever since it got back in stock on Amazon.de about a month ago it's never been sold-out again.

And I do feel people still don't really know what the Switch is. Really looking forward to some official Nintendo numbers.

Are we expecting any anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom