• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jariw

Indeed, just ONE retailer in Sweden have 150+ Switches in stock if I'm reading their inventory right (I could be wrong and they have many more, not 100% sure how to read their inventory listing).

https://www.webhallen.com/spel/nintendo_switch/konsoler/

Webhallen probably is the biggest retailer for console games in Sweden nowadays, with their 22 physical shops. (The InfraCity and Web stock is identical, BTW. It's their main stock distribution center.) So it's about 10 units per shop, a balanced stock supply.

And to put this in context: the total of Webhallen's stock nationwide in Sweden would roughly equal one weekly supply to one single Bic store in Japan (where perhaps 10 times as many would queue to get a lottery ticket to buy a Switch).

Fadobo

Karlsruhe Germany, just walked into a store (Saturn) and bought one yesterday. Apparently they got a bunch a few days back and had maybe 4-5 when I went (black Joycon edition only) you could take without a pre-order. Amazon Germany has both version in stock right now too.

synce

Saw a bunch last weekend at the local big box store, which was a first. It seems to be the case that they're not supply constrained anymore, but if you're relying on online you're going to get beaten out by scalpers

I do wonder how the Switch is really faring. It was such a big initial success and remained sold-out for months, but ever since it got back in stock on Amazon.de about a month ago it's never been sold-out again.

And I do feel people still don't really know what the Switch is. Really looking forward to some official Nintendo numbers.

Are we expecting any anytime soon?

Nintendo will release their Q2 (july-september) financial report in late october. That will give us shipments numbers per region for Switch.

I do wonder how the Switch is really faring. It was such a big initial success and remained sold-out for months, but ever since it got back in stock on Amazon.de about a month ago it's never been sold-out again.

So... not sold out is reason to worry now? 😁

On amazon.de various Switch bundles are always in the top 10, whereas PS4/XOne are starting in the top 20. So it seems Switch sales are fine in Germany.

So... not sold out is reason to worry now? 😁

On amazon.de various Switch bundles are always in the top 10, whereas PS4/XOne are starting in the top 20. So it seems Switch sales are fine in Germany.

Nobody said anything about worrying. I am merely wondering :p

Everything is just quite obscure, we don't really know about European shipment numbers. Just seems that after an initial hype the situation has calmed down in Europe. And Sony has always been very strong here. So I am just curious ;-)

What games did you get them? Or are you gonna do that digitally on Christmas Day?

I was thinking of snagging 2 copies of Mario Kart on Black Friday if there are any deals, but I've already spent so much.....Gonna be grandma to the rescue this Christmas, I'll probably just tell my mom, and mother-in-law to get the girls e-shop gift cards. That way the kids can pick what they want. Love to be able to afford to buy em both copies of Mario Odyssey...or Zelda, but financially not sure how to swing that. I guess I could not get anything for myself this year.😉

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Got the last neon one at best buy for 50 miles in my area a couple days ago.

I just randomly checked and saw they had them. Drove 30 min to get it.

Worth it.

EDIT: Orlando, FL.

Bii

One of the Targets here in Fresno, CA had 10+ between two cabinets, including a few Neons.

noAintd.jpg

Dubz

Just picked up a Switch in Los Angeles at GameStop in Tarzana. They said they randomly got 5 the other day from Nintendo. Fuck yeah!!!!!

Kickz

Just picked up a Switch in Los Angeles at GameStop in Tarzana. They said they randomly got 5 the other day from Nintendo. Fuck yeah!!!!!

^Nice, I was able to snatch one yesterday at a Bestbuy finally, also got a nice haul of 3 games. Been playing Zelda nonstop for like 2 days now lol

MGKE4tW.jpg

The pro controller may have bumped the Xbox one controller as best controller of the generation

So my son traded in his Wii U and 3DS and a whole bunch of games and controllers during Gamestops promotion. He made out and had plenty for a Switch. Unfortunately, there weren't any available at any GameStop in the area here in NH. We had to go over the border to MA (damn sales tax). The GameStop employee tried to have me buy a bundle or warranty. Really. Get out of here with that. Anyways. He got a Switch and we went back to NH for a few games, accessories and some eShop cards.

I got Splation 2 and Zelda, and Zelda may be the best game of the gen. It's literally unbelievable.

Yup, he hasn't even opened the other games and have been playing Zelda non stop.

Went to Target to get some mailing supplies and noticed maybe 6-7 Switches just sitting in the case. I have seen Switches there before but nothing more than 1-3.

One of the Targets here in Fresno, CA had 10+ between two cabinets, including a few Neons.

This is my situation in San Diego as well at my local Best Buy and Wal-Mart. I keep passing on it though I would like to play that Mario strategy game.

If anyone in the US wants a Switch this week and doesn't mind bundling it with one of the following games:

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Splatoon 2
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

You can purchase a Switch on GameStop's website right now for $359.99 (the same price as buying the system + one game separately) and it will be shipped out by the end of the week (September 8). Seems like now is a good time to grab one before the holiday rush.

andthebeatgoeson

If anyone in the US wants a Switch this week and doesn't mind bundling it with one of the following games:

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Splatoon 2
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

You can purchase a Switch on GameStop's website right now for $359.99 (the same price as buying the system + one game separately) and it will be shipped out by the end of the week (September 8). Seems like now is a good time to grab one before the holiday rush.
Wait, do they kick you in the nuts or something? What gives? Need turn read the fine print.

Anyone in the UK struggling to find stock and has Amazon Prime, if they offer the Prime Now service in your area, check there!

I spent a day trying to find it in stock online and around my area and all i could find was CEX selling second hand units at £345 (No chance) and remembered I had access to Prime now. Ordered at 10am, it arrived at 12:10pm and wasn't being sold at a stupid mark up.

Shiggy

Anyone in the UK struggling to find stock and has Amazon Prime, if they offer the Prime Now service in your area, check there!

I spent a day trying to find it in stock online and around my area and all i could find was CEX selling second hand units at £345 (No chance) and remembered I had access to Prime now. Ordered at 10am, it arrived at 12:10pm and wasn't being sold at a stupid mark up.

Why not just buy from normal Amazon.co.uk without Prime Now or Prime? Both in stock at £279.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4NBHPM/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MFADJFV/

MilkyJoe

They had no stock Saturday/Sunday. I guess they got more stock in yesterday.

It's readily available now. Try your local Sainsbury's or Tesco too.

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-switch

Up our way they are in stock almost anywhere that you would think would sell them.

Salmonax

Just gonna bump once because this seems unprecedented and I owe my Switch to a GAF heads-up. Done now!

EDIT: Ah, someone started a new thread. Pardon.

Wait, do they kick you in the nuts or something? What gives? Need turn read the fine print.

Hmm, maybe you read the post wrong? It's $359.99, as in $300 for Switch + $59.99 for one game. You can only choose one game to bundle it with; you're not getting all four of those games for $359.99 lol.

DKPOWPOW

Been actually seeing them in stock and stay there at Target and Wal-Mart in San Diego if anyone is looking in soCal.

stalker

This week is the first time I have seen the Switch available at normal price and immediate dispatch in Amazon Spain; remaining in stock for days and not just minutes. Also the first time I have seen it in stock at the Fnac near my home in Barcelona. Something is changing I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom