• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I decided to rent Imagine: Babyz Fashion…

I'm so glad I entered this thread. :lol

At first, I was kind of annoyed about the accusations at the very beginning, but this thread turned into a brodaciously amazing thread.

Maybe later, if I have time, I'll come up with Dudebro's 16 bit prequel. :D

wsippel

Banned
Dascu said:
Question mark implied that I wasn't sure if I wrote that correctly. :p
OK. "den Link" - it's accusative. Nominative ("der Link") implies an omission in this case ("Danke schön für... [wo ist] der Link?"). ;)

Dascu

wsippel said:
OK. "den Link" - it's accusative. Nominative ("der Link") implies an omission in this case ("Danke schön für... [wo ist] der Link?"). ;)
It's been a few years since I had German class.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
2i0wtu9.jpg

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
wsippel said:
cuyahoga had the idea, Jocchan did the actual character design.
Thetrin wrote the first story draft, Mik2121 is making the 3D model and everyone else is contributing with awesome ideas :D

adg1034

DudeBro, or "Dude/Bro", as it was formerly called, started off life as a simple, 2D, sidescrolling arcade beat-em-up. Tasked with shooting and/or slicing an entire Central American paramilitary force, players were given the choice of playing either as Dude, a barrel-chested, thick-necked former Army Ranger, or Bro, a thick-chested, barrel-necked former Navy Seal. A second set of controls on the arcade cabinet meant that two players could team up to defeat the evil forces of Major Generalissimo at the same time, a groundbreaking feature back in 1991.

But the novelty soon faded, and by the mid-90s, Dude/Bro was barely more than a blip on the history pages of creator company Kamacom. That is, until the year 2002, when one young Kamacom employee decided that console action games needed a bro-sized kick in the nutsack...

thetrin, I felt compelled to offer a bit of help.

---

Dictator Fem's office was nice, I guess. I'd seen better. It was filled with old shit furniture and those little things that hold flowers. Some people call 'em antiques and vases. I call 'em useless shit. There were even flowers.

I was handcuffed too. Didn't really care. They hadn't even tightened 'em enough to hurt. It was beginning to look like the flowers weren't the only pansies in the room. Waste of time to let myself get caught.

Fem was busy checking himself in the mirror, tapping his hair with a comb so it'd be just right. He was clean shaven. I suspected he didn't even need to. The man hair wouldn't grace such a feeble chin. Finally, he turned to me and squeaked. I had that effect on people. He coughed.

"Ah, Mister Bro," He said, tugging at his perfect suit. "It seems..."

"Hold up," I said, pulling a chair from the desk with my foot and flopping down in it. "There ain't no mister shit. Dudebro. That's all, Fem."

"Well, Dudebro," Fem said, feeling the words obviously tear at his weak mouth. "It seems your rebellion is finished."

"Naw," I told him putting my boots on his desk.

"Excuse me?" He asked, trying to force them off. They didn't budge. "We have you captured."

"No," I told him, pushing him away with the toe of my boot. "You don't."

The look Fem gave me as he picked himself up off the floor was one of pure sissyness. Kinda made me sad for him. Not his fault he'd been born with out the essence of bro.

"Fine," He said, turning and swishing his hands. "Guards. Kill him."

Nothing happened. I yawned, which accidentally broke the handcuffs.

"Guards, I said..."

"They're already dead, Fem," I told him as I reached into my beard and pulled out the emergency Natty I stored up there next to the handgun. I wouldn't need it.

The crack of the opening can caused Fem to whirl around. The sight of me gulping the golden brew made him quake in fear. Refreshed, I stood up.

It was straight up dawg time.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
trin can we get some Citizen Kane stuff put in the script? I mean, if we're making the best game ever, it should have some elements from the most influential film ever.

What should Dudebro's Rosebud be everyone?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I would totally keep a Dudebro action figure on my shelf.
I would keep it on display broudly.

Noshino said:
Anyway, Jocchan, wouldn't it be a good idea to already start coming up with bosses?
Character designs for enemies and brosses coming later tonight! :O
Sorry Crushdance, I won't be able to join you bros in Uncharted 2... Duty Dudebro calls.

Dascu

schuelma said:
trin can we get some Citizen Kane stuff put in the script? I mean, if we're making the best game ever, it should have some elements from the most influential film ever.

What should Dudebro's Rosebud be everyone?
...Brosebud.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
The_Technomancer said:
Oh please please please don't let the enthusiasm peter out after two days of work. This. must. be. made.

Unfortunately i don't think gaf has the drive to turn this concept into a small game, too bad because this whole thing looks awesome.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I agree that the short beard looked better. The long beard gives him too much of an Latin American revolutionary/Middle Eastern look. Wouldn't those types be the guys DUDEBRO is fighting? :lol

Barrett2

crowphoenix said:
"They're already dead, Fem," I told him as I reached into my beard and pulled out the emergency Natty I stored up there next to the handgun. I wouldn't need it.

The crack of the opening can caused Fem to whirl around. The sight of me gulping the golden brew made him quake in fear. Refreshed, I stood up.

It was straight up dawg time.

..... oh.... oh my god... :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
schuelma said:

There's going to be some, as Dudebro would say, deep shit in the plot. Not to worry.

I'm working on a scene where Dudebro gives the signal for a squadron of bombers to bomb the shit out of a shanty town: he pops all five of his collars.

TheGrue

I invented the word "Dude. Brah." (well, not as much a word as a term) back in 1988. I will be suing when you release this game. ;)

Obviously we need a villian trying to rid the world of Bromine.

Dudebro doesn't know what that shit even is, but he's not going to let anyone get rid of anything called Bromine.

Chicken should tell him that Bromine means 'Stench of He Goats'. DudeBro would then poke Chicken in the side of the head knocking him unconscious.

Then he'd unfurl an American flag and hold it high above his head.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
thetechkid said:
Does Dudebro go into Dawg Time during special events triggered by random encounters of the bro'd kind?
No, Straight-Up Dawg Time is ALL THE TIME in the game.

Mik2121 said:
Bigger render

dudebrogaf2.jpg
Extraordinary.

mmxzero

crowphoenix said:
In beard item storage, brilliant.

So he dranks nothing but beer.

but if he had to drink a soft drink, it'd totally be one form or another of Mountain Dew.

why? cause it's extreme?

no.

becuase it's made with Brominated Vegetable Oil.

which is the only kind of vegetable oil he lets pass his muscular lips.

Chicken once drank so much Mountain Dew that he got Bromoderma.

true story.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
plagiarize said:
Obviously we need a villian trying to rid the world of Bromine.
Villain: "All bromine is mine, bro!"
Dudebro: "NEVER, DAWG!"

mmxzero said:
In beard item storage, brilliant.
Yep. Beard = unlimited inventory.

thetrin said:
I'm working on a scene where Dudebro gives the signal for a squadron of bombers to bomb the shit out of a shanty town: he pops all five of his collars.

That's fantastic. You have to give us a snippit of the radio chatter during that scene.

"Sir! All five collars are popped. I repeat, all five collars are popped!"

Top Bottom