• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I decided to rent Imagine: Babyz Fashion…

Something happened in his college years, probably involving some Guidos that turned him from run of the mill brodude to BRODUDE

Nicktals

Banned
This thread is awesome. I seriously hope something (anything) comes of this.

But stealth mission? I don't care how hilarious the thought of Dudebro on a golf course with polo shirts is...

Maybe an anti-stealth mission, where Dudebro has to constantly have attention for the course of the entire level. Random fire, screamed catchphrases, etc...

thetrin said:
A special forces group of ex-bros?! :lol

Oh god yes, I'm writing that shit in. Thank you! :lol

May I make some suggestions for some of the ex-bros?

• He was a good bro... until the ho. Now he spends his days pussywhipped. Weak as shit, man. His ho rides him and charges towards Dudebro.
  • "Hey guys, I'm a freaking hipster, lol I'm so gay!!!" Oh, how you and your bros used to laugh at his ironic hipster routine. But one day he went too far, and never came back. Spends his days wearing tight jeans and keffiyahs, and travels in the bike lanes.
  • He got busted with a roach on campus, total bullshit man. Parents sent him to military school, now he acts like he's got a metal cock up his ass or something, won't even drink with us anymore.
  • The best bro Dudebro had ever seen. Could hold more PBRs than a grizzly bear (that was a sweet trip to the zoo, brahs), get it on with more bitches, and generally bro out even more than Dudebro himself. What dark secret does he hide... ?

Vinci

Danish
Nicktals said:
Maybe an anti-stealth mission, where Dudebro has to constantly have attention for the course of the entire level. Random fire, screamed catchphrases, etc...

This is a much better idea.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yep, Dudebro must constantly yell, shoot people and keep hoes on him through the whole level. Instead of hiding from enemies, he has to keep as many enemies looking at him as possible.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
EmCeeGramr said:
May I make some suggestions for some of the ex-bros?

• He was a good bro... until the ho. Now he spends his days pussywhipped. Weak as shit, man. His ho rides him and charges towards Dudebro.
  • "Hey guys, I'm a freaking hipster, lol I'm so gay!!!" Oh, how you and your bros used to laugh at his ironic hipster routine. But one day he went too far, and never came back. Spends his days wearing tight jeans and keffiyahs, and travels in the bike lanes.
  • He got busted with a roach on campus, total bullshit man. Parents sent him to military school, now he acts like he's got a metal cock up his ass or something, won't even drink with us anymore.
  • The best bro Dudebro had ever seen. Could hold more PBRs than a grizzly bear (that was a sweet trip to the zoo, brahs), get it on with more bitches, and generally bro out even more than Dudebro himself. What dark secret does he hide... ?

The leader should be "The Anti-Bro" - When you bro the abyss, the abyss bros right back at you. He was once Dudebro's best bro. They were two inseparable bros. But he could never stand being less of a dude than Dudebro. He needed more. He yearned to be more of a dawg than Dudebro could ever be...but no one knows the path of the bro leads to darkness. With the help of Dr. Beefsweat Barrelchest, they developed a potion of concentrated dawg. It was too much. it pushed him past the veil, and into....the anti-bro.

Cowie

TheCardPlayer said:
He should have special lines in this level, like when he gets a pistol

Havana bigger gun!

Really, Dudebro needs to travel the world and be vaguely AMERICA, FUCK YEAH towards everyone. I foresee him shooting up a chinese restaurant filled with all sorts of out of place asian martial artists while spewing out gems like 'Wok 'n Load, mother fuckers!'

Machine

I would buy a t-shirt in a heartbeat but I don't want a fitted shirt. Shouldn't the shirt be a polo anyways? If you're rockin' your Dudebro shirt, the collar should be popped!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Exypher said:
16bcb5d.jpg
Shit. :lol FUCK :lol

Cowie said:
Really, Dudebro needs to travel the world and be vaguely AMERICA, FUCK YEAH towards everyone. I foresee him shooting up a chinese restaurant filled with all sorts of out of place asian martial artists while spewing out gems like 'Wok 'n Load, mother fuckers!'
Good call! That would be perfect...

Cowie said:
Really, Dudebro needs to travel the world and be vaguely AMERICA, FUCK YEAH towards everyone. I foresee him shooting up a chinese restaurant filled with all sorts of out of place asian martial artists while spewing out gems like 'Wok 'n Road, mother fuckers!'

Fixed it so it would more accurately capture the FUCK YEAH mentality

Cowie

thetechkid said:
Dudebro sould say "IN AMERICA" a couple times per level.

Love it or leave it.. IN A BODY BAG!!!!!

Also, we need to find a voice actor who is willing to actually swallow gravel before a recording session. Because i'm pretty sure that's required.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Tim-E said:
An anti-stealth mission is a better idea, I agree. I think it should take place on a Cuban golf course, though.
Yes.
Oh, and I just PM'd Thetrin the details for three bosses you're going to see later tonight :lol

Vinci

Danish
Tim-E said:
An anti-stealth mission is a better idea, I agree. I think it should take place on a Cuban golf course, though.

Maybe have Dudebro go to the golf course, for what was originally meant to be a stealth mission. He's wearing a golf shirt and all that shit. Then he gets contacted by the General that suddenly the situation has changed and Dudebro has to attract as much attention as possible instead.

Kyzer

Banned
Mik2121 said:
Actually, if we get a soundtrack I would like for it to be one of the very few 'serious' things. Something like the 'Genesis' song by Justice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThKNt-GY1ww

You're gonna love what I have in store.

Think this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTpCL7fkFsY

But better. Much better. Much more ...umm...turbo. And idk. Like Final Fantasy Boss Themes-sort-of-chaos in melodies.

So far I have a song composed for scenes of Reminiscence. I call it "I am Dudebro. This is my fight."

You should keep up to date on the story so i know what kind of situations to plan for. And I'm taking a very zen mario-like approach to this, trying to capture the essence of Dudebro.

OH. And I've got this idea. For this guy who joined the dark side and wears tight pants and stuff, I was thinking his theme song could be some emo dashboard confessional type shit, but then I'll have a version where it just bursts into hardcore riffs from that. It can be for a scene where there is conflict between them, or something like that. Idk. It worked a lot better in my head.

thetechkid

Vinci said:
Maybe have Dudebro go to the golf course, for what was originally meant to be a stealth mission. He's wearing a golf shirt and all that shit. Then he gets contacted by the General that suddenly the situation has changed and Dudebro has to attract as much attention as possible instead.
He needs to buy time for the air raid on Castro!

Tim-E

Vinci said:

I like this. In this level, Dudebro has to attract as much attention as possible away from Chicken as he can because he has to do something. I haven't quite figured out what it should be yet. Maybe he can plant a bomb or something that's more brosome. This will be a level where communication is key in bromance mode.

Jocchan said:
The General will wear the shades people have been asking for:

Think of Commander Kahn from Elite Beat Agents:[/IMG]

I like this.

Also, I think that Dudebro's beard gradually leveling up throughout the game is a good idea. I think that the beard should also double as Dudebro's armor and it'll gradually grow stronger as you progress through the game.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Vinci said:
The General will wear the shades people have been asking for:
AVIATOR_SILVEWER_FRAMES_SOLID_5007_MH.jpg

Think of Commander Kahn from Elite Beat Agents...
3323sra.jpg

...meets Campbell from the MGS series.

Vinci

Danish
Also, any chance of some jet ski type vehicle stuff similar to Battletoads? Except Dudebro is riding on a shark's back and pulling up on its snout to make it leap over obstacles. For some reason, I keep thinking of Battletoads lately...

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Okay, this is the GAF topic of GAF topics, future generations will speak of this topic for all of eternity.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Easy_D said:
Okay, this is the GAF topic of GAF topics, future generations will speak of this topic for all of eternity.
Actually we need an Official Dudebro II Hype Thread of BRAWESOME STORY BRO!, but then we'd lose all the posts in this thread :(
Maybe a thread split might help, if the mods agree.

Tim-E

Jocchan said:
Actually we need an Official Dudebro II Hype Thread of BRAWESOME!, but then we'd lose all the posts in this thread :(
Maybe a thread split might help, if the mods agree.

I think so, too. Or rename this thread or something. Split thread would probably be the best option.

Beardz

Vinci said:
Also, any chance of some jet ski type vehicle stuff similar to Battletoads? Except Dudebro is riding on a shark's back and pulling up on its snout to make it leap over obstacles. For some reason, I keep thinking of Battletoads lately...

While drinking his Jägermeister.

thetrin

My mother just got back in town, so I'm spending a bit of time with her. I'm working on stuff, though. I'll post more soon.

Tim-E

Maybe down the road we can do Dudebro I and it can be a Contra/Metal Slug style 16 bit shooter. But II has to come first.

Tim-E

I have a god damn research paper to write but I can't stop myself from checking for Dudebro updates. :lol

Top Bottom