• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I decided to rent Imagine: Babyz Fashion…

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well this thread certainly went place over night. The places I like.

And to think people were calling for him to be banned.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
JSnake said:
How about this.

His beard.

It is a boombox.

How bout we slap some of those chest boom-boxes from Gears of War on that epic beard to make it... epicer.

gears-of-war1.jpg

I want to do a 16 bit version. Without graphics, I can't get anywhere :( I am no good with graphic.

For an hour while waiting for classes, I whipped up this load screen:

2r1z2vk.jpg

(Yes, he's the Contra 3 guy. I thought he looked enough like Dudebro. :lol) Also, the frame rate's supposed to be 60 FPS but virtualdub is sucking right now. :(

Darklord

Banned
JSnake said:
How about this.

His beard.

It is a boombox.

How about his beard is just EVERYTHING. Inventory, Boombox, hell let it turn into a fist and beat people to death. It's also thick enough to stop bullets.

Why would you do that? said:
I want to do a 16 bit version. Without graphics, I can't get anywhere :( I am no good with graphic.

Beat ya to it I'm afraid:
j7rk2w.gif

I might go back and turn him into a full bodied sprite, but if not and somebody else wants to complete him, here is his top half:
vy5gdz.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Every 'cutscene' in a TPS game has you walk super slow with your hand on your ear.

How about instead DudeBro pulls one of those 70's cell phones from his beard?
Motorola_Cellular-One_Cell-Phone_web.jpg

thetrin said:
Act 1: Bromance of the Three Kingdoms

Snow falls silently across the battlefield. As they touch the faces of dead men, they do not weep. Snowflakes cannot weep, nor can they hate, love or bone hot broads.

The valuable Alaskan pipeline sits scarred and battle worn. Despite efforts by the B.R.O. Alliance, the pipeline lies almost destroyed, blood staining its metal skin. Snow covers the stains in white, but the blood will not go.

After hearing that Commander Limpwrist was pushing forces to capture the pipeline, Dudebro and Chicken diverted from their course to Mexico City in an effort to cut them off at the pass.

What they saw when they arrived chilled their bones. Except Dudebro. He doesn’t have bones. His skeleton is comprised of solid awesomantium.

Chicken: Holy shit, what happened here, Dudebro?!

Dudebro: Limpwrist happened, brah. He slaughtered these soldiers like they were meat. Like roast beef, or maybe pastrami. These men deserved better than nutshots.

Chicken: Roast beef with some honey Dijon on sourdough sounds pretty good right now.

Dudebro: I wouldn’t mind Limpwrist’s still-beating heart on a platter. And a Natty Ice to wash it down with.

Gun fire and explosions erupted in the distance. Dudebro squinted and adjusted his sunglasses so he could get a better view of the battle 30 miles away. Dudebro lights up a J and crouches. His muscles begin to ripple intensely as the ground and snow beneath him contorts and shatters slowly.

Dudebro: Get on my back, duder.

Chicken: Rock.

As Chicken jumps on Dudebro’s back, his muscles tense to their limit and release, his legs straightening completely. Dudebro launches into the air, his brodiocity and form almost balletic.

As they soared closer to the battlefield, Dudebro receives a positively lame transmission.

General: Dudebro! We’ve gotten word that Pesquali and Limpwrist are working together! They’ve heard that you diverted to Alaska, and Pesquali is sending everything he’s got at you!

Dudebro: How lame is it, General?

General: Pesquali has sent 600 flying Mexican bums your way. ETA 30 seconds!

Dudebro: 600 Mexican bum fights…

Chicken: Dudebro, we’re coming in for a landing. We’re going to need some smoke cover!

Dudebro wrenches six spliffs from his bandolier, and lights them all with one quick snap of his fingers. Taking them between his fingers, Dudebro throws the spliffs like throwing knives, each on shooting like a javelin into a different soldier’s eye. The smoke begins to cloud the vision and cognition of everyone but Dudebro.

Dudebro: Battle Mode, Activate.

Dudebro pops all five of his collars.

Dudebro: It’s Straight-Up Dawg Time.

(600 mexican bum fights is a reference to a time I was in a gamestop with a buddy, and there was an ad for IL2 Sturmovik, and I swear I heard someone in the ad say "600 mexican bum fights"....secret bums over europe)

(Also, I vote that even if the game is polygonal, the cutscenes should be 16-bit era spirte-based cutscenes)

2m3sow5.png

meh

M Tyson

Banned
i only read page 1, but all i see here is a bunch of losers stirring up shit asking for a picture of the actual game.. are u for fucking real? lol.. pathetic!

JSnake

Darklord said:
How about his beard is just EVERYTHING. Inventory, Boombox, hell let it turn into a fist and beat people to death. It's also thick enough to stop bullets.

Awesome!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Well, I set up www.dudebro2.com to forward to www.jocchan.com/dudebro with masking, but when I go to www.dudebro2.com it just shows the "GoDaddy has parked this Web site" bollocks. Anyone else have any luck?

M Tyson said:
i only read page 1, but all i see here is a bunch of losers stirring up shit asking for a picture of the actual game.. are u for fucking real? lol.. pathetic!

:lol I want to believe this is a joke post, but I know it's not.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
This may sound stupid but how about we print some propaganda that looks "real" and paste it in our neighborhood, college etc.., kinda what EA did with Mirror's Edge with the WANTED sign of Faith.

Corto

The mods are having a meltdown figuring how will they retitle this thread after all this twists and turns. :D :D :D :D On another note... Dudebro is awesome, he is Bayonetta in male musky form, and that is good... I guess.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Beat ya to it I'm afraid:
j7rk2w.gif

I might go back and turn him into a full bodied sprite, but if not and somebody else wants to complete him, here is his top half:
vy5gdz.gif
No, I mean code a, full 16 bit-esque game. I just don't have graphics for it.

Unless you're doing it... then please, continue. :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
dgenx said:
This may sound stupid but how about we print some propaganda that looks "real" and paste it in our neighborhood, college etc.., kinda what EA did with Mirror's Edge with the WANTED sign of Faith.
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BRO FIST

IF YOU DONT POST THIS TO 5 BROS THEN YOU ARENT A BRO

nli10

Corto said:
The mods are having a meltdown figuring how will they retitle this thread after all this twists and turns. :D :D :D :D On another note... Dudebro is awesome, he is Bayonetta in male musky form, and that is good... I guess.

"So I decided to rent Imagine: Babyz Fashion... but ended up reinventing gaming in the process"

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
nli10 said:
"So I decided to rent Imagine: Babyz Fashion... but ended up reinventing gaming in the process"
:lol

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Did anyone mention a Brobot? it could be a mechwarrior like level , also a challenge mode for the Bro vs the world , the horde like mode.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm heading over to my father's for dinner tonight, but tomorrow I'll have more time to do some more stuff...

Btw, Jocchan, Mik, I just got a tweet from Divine (not sure who that is on GAF)

@thetrin Hey thertin let GAF know that I am working on a 2D Dudebro engine!! We'll all collab on the game when I get back in Jan.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Okay, will post artworks for the first two bosses, complete with description, in a few minutes.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I can't believe what is happening :lol

I know nothing about game development but if the GAF development team needs any free legal work let me know!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Jocchan said:
Okay, will post artworks for the first two bosses, complete with description, in a few minutes.

Want me to write up more boss descriptions? You're welcome to do art for the 2 boss descriptions i gave you

thetrin

Nice, you have the parser going!

Yes, I'm going to be providing writing for the Dudebro text adventure. Should be fun as hell. :D

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
FIRST TWO BROSSES!

Brolling Stan
mm9ct4.jpg

Overly fat ex-frat boy whose nearly perfectly spherical body is the result of too much partying with dawgs, Brolling Stan... rolls around and bounces on shit. That's it.
His weak point is so obvious that I won't even mention it :p

Reverend B. Brahnson (& Broner)
29cxe08.jpg

Reverend Brahnson can reanimate the dead (regular enemies known as Broners). He moves around on a chariot made of Broner bones and carried by Broner horses (the player will need to kill them to be expose his weak point).

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Damn Internal Server Errors >_<

thetrin said:
Want me to write up more boss descriptions? You're welcome to do art for the 2 boss descriptions i gave you
Whoops, didn't see this :( If you write down more detailed descriptions I'll add them to my post.

crowphoenix said:
The page is working fine for me.
Same.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
RevenantKioku said:
Work in progress.
wlu13q.png
thetrin said:
Nice, you have the parser going!

Yes, I'm going to be providing writing for the Dudebro text adventure. Should be fun as hell. :D

Whoo hoo -- folks took me up on the idea!

Why write a parser, though? Just use Inform!

thetrin

Jocchan said:
Damn Internal Server Errors >_<

Whoops, didn't see this :( If you write down more detailed descriptions I'll add them to my post.

Same.

Need me to flesh out the ones I already sent you?

thetrin

DavidDayton said:
Whoo hoo -- folks took me up on the idea!

Why write a parser, though? Just use Inform!

Actually, I said the same thing to RK, but he wants to work on perl scripting, so it's good practice for him.

DavidDayton said:

Yeah. I've used Inform before

Jocchan said:
Okay! :D
I won't draw them tonight, though. Feeling a bit tired now :O

Good. Gives me time to work on them a little more. I'll send some more later.

Top Bottom