• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Target shipped someone an Xbox One already? [Update: console-banned until launch]

RE_Player

There's this thing that happens when you go to college, graduate, integrate that knowledge with the real world and realize things are more complex than "Me no like big corporation Momma"
Nothing wrong with the opinion brought forth, I agree with the sentiment. The way it was posted however had a real "fuck you" attitude.

Argh, I'm a little frustrated that he let Microsoft get to him.

You're frustrated that they appear to be doing something nice for him? They have no obligation to do anything.

The only legal help he would need is for the YouTube video take down fiasco. Microsoft has every right to restrict access to their network until it's ready.

RE_Player

Also I must have be out of the loop in terms of the Xbox One launch but wasn't there a "Day One Edition" model? Any of those leak out yet?

Justin

Seems like a good deal to me. You get the system 2 weeks early, get a trip to the launch event and the only thing you miss out on is connecting to XBL to look at a bunch of features that are not even active yet.

Also I must have be out of the loop in terms of the Xbox One launch but wasn't there a "Day One Edition" model? Any of those leak out yet?

ive been wondering that myself its making me paranoid that so much people are getting these green boxes and not day 1 edition xboxes that are black

The Flash

Banned

I bet you are :)

Ggp7OGY.png

lol

Leewan

• Spend billions of dollars on launch and not have a plan for inevitable early access. Check!
  • Remove any unboxing videos from Youtube that aren't officially approved unboxing video. Check!
  • Ban, then blame customer... better yet insult them. Check!

If you're trying to make Microsoft look good in comparison to what you'd do, you're, uh... actually you did. Kudos.

How did they insult him?

He isn't entitled to anything other than playing when it officially launches and he still gets to play it before everyone?

Oh a YouTube video got taken down poor guy, maybe a nice sucker will wipe away those tears

Check your entitlement at the door buddy as long as the guy gets to play.

Context helps, guys. I was suggesting that if Microsoft asked him to sign any legally binding agreement, that he get a lawyer look over it first. I don't think anyone would say that is bad advice. Read my other tweets.

Damn, probably offered a bunch of shit to keep quiet. Lucky fuck! Such a royal fuck up from Target. Still don't get how this could have happened.

I know this is a minor issue for most but that power brick is disgraceful for a console that size.

Awesome, since Major Nelson wrapped this up and it's been stated that users will be unbanned close to launch, I hope we can put this story to rest.

Obviously not being banned is preferable to be being banned, but considering the heavy investment in UI that MS have done it kinda makes sense, at least.

Looking at all the footage of the system the dashboard is brilliant in my opinion, regardless of its state finished or not. Certainly a major positive for Xbox One in my opinion.

Leewan

Context helps, guys. I was suggesting that if Microsoft asked him to sign any legally binding agreement, that he get a lawyer look over it first. I don't think anyone would say that is bad advice. Read my other tweets.

I doubt there would be an actual contract.

1 it would be a wast of time and money for the guy to sue.

2 MS knows complaints to YouTube and bans to xbox one live services are the most the could do. System is out in the open kid can do whatever he wants. Kid could but the stuff on another streaming service that isn't as block happy as YouTube

I agree, MS will offer to unban for an NDA. Here's what's interesting if you're this guy. Do you:

A: Get your access to Live back, or

B: Decide to ride out your 15 minutes of fame by posting more screenshots and info on Twitter, make a bigger name for yourself so that in the long run you'll have more followers on Youtube and generate more income.

I bet he picks A.

the fuck??
If he went with B, we'd get more cool info. What's so hard to understand?

BWJinxing

it just dawned on me, that MS may have took down the unboxing video because they didn't know target sent out consoles, though someone went rouge on the NDA.

However if after this point videos go down, then one can say for sure that its intentional, no?

Vestal

Gold Member
it just dawned on me, that MS may have took down the unboxing video because they didn't know target sent out consoles, though someone went rouge on the NDA.

However if after this point videos go down, then one can say for sure that its intentional, no?

interesting point. Given that they have contacted this particular user directly, it kinda sound possible.

I am glad things worked out for the guy. It absolutely sucks when you have something new and shiny that you have been wanting for a while and it stops working in a matter of hours. Have had that happen to me and its absolutely crushing. Happy that MS stepped up. :)

I do wonder if it was an automated ban gone wrong or if someone actually pulled the trigger on this. If it was a person that did it, he/she needs a talking to. Its just bad publicity for no real gain.

He just got of the phone with MS, I'm sure the video will be back up shortly as it was just an unboxing. No doubt it would have been the first thing he asked for. Why get free games, a trip (or whatever) when you can increase your Youtube subscribers and potential future income?

For those of us that saw the video, it was almost as if MS PR was in the room with him. Wild camera cuts to the floor, several seconds blacked out on occasion, ect.

Basically a horrible video made awesome by his excitement. It was great to watch.

NewGame

Banned
LegalGAF comes together, a crowd of suits fills the room. Their briefcases open and out flies all the .gifs. All of them. Every last one.

Major Nelson

Neo Member
Just chatted with him and we're all set. Great guy.

His console will be unblocked as soon as things are done on Live, the Store etc. (since things are not quite done yet) and we are working on getting his YT strike removed.

Just another Saturday leading up to launch…right?

His console will be unblocked as soon as things are done on Live, the Store etc. (since things are not quite done yet) and we are working on getting his YT strike removed.

Just another Saturday.

Leewan

I equate snark with an FU attitude. That's me though.

If I spent a billion on R&D, Marketing, and Production and my online services were not quite ready. No way would I allow a guy you tubing everything get ahead of my main marketing, if something goes wrong it may go viral.

No issues with ban. Rather angry nerds that live in delusion be mad than angry delusional nerds over react to a potential prerelease bug.

Is that what you got pissed about? The nerd thing? If you haven't noticed I'm Posting here myself, and in no way is that line directed at one person, But an angry group that's angry about someone having to wait a couple of weeks longer to play a game system? There are plenty of things MS has done that deserve righteous anger but this isn't one of them.

"If I'm a marketing guy I would much rather the few on gaf be pissed than the many that see a buggy OS and service on YouTube that may pop up on several media sites "

This gets me so hyped for when MS finally rolls out DRM. Turn off my legally purchased stuff because it doesn't suit your PR. Sounds great.

At least he got paid off. Were in for quite a future.

Danny 117

Nice to see that everything was resolved. (The UI looks amazing anyway)

Is this where I insert a shameless plug asking for one last stocking of Day One editions at Amazon UK?

I don't want to wait until Christmas or beyond for my one :(

Kudos for handling this the right way.

This gets me so hyped for when MS finally rolls out DRM. Turn off my legally purchased stuff because it doesn't suit your PR. Sounds great.

At least he got paid off. Were in for quite a future.

They wont do that,you really think they want to start a clusterfuck again after months trying to repair?

Top Bottom