• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So which hogwarts house dominates NeoGAF?

Which house dominates NeoGAF?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Got Ravenclaw. It's been a number of years since I've seen a Harry Potter flick, but I can't remember Ravenclaw from the movies at all. Were any of the famous characters in that house?

Ekai

so besides Hufflepuff and the black mare patronus I also got put into Thunderbird and have a Rowan wood wand with a dragon heartstring core, 9 and 3/4 inches in length and slight yielding flexibility.

.....From the description some of those wand characteristics conflict. Rowan wood is never used by a dark arts user and never has a chance to turn to one. While dragon heartstring does have a chance to and can be used for dark arts and the slightly flexibility implies the same as well.
Rowan wood is also for the strongest of defenders and dragon for users who are quick to learn and powerful yet shorter wands are for less power wizards.....so.....whut?

I also don't know what my patronus means.

Or what the Thunderbird house really represents beyond: "Adventurous".

I'll keep to understanding the Hogwarts houses.

Ekai

Got Ravenclaw. It's been a number of years since I've seen a Harry Potter flick, but I can't remember Ravenclaw from the movies at all. Were any of the famous characters in that house?

Luna Lovegood.- probs the most prominent of Ravenclaw.
Cho Chang.- brief love interest of Harry, iirc. ends up dating Cedric Diggory. iirc she's only a secondary character around in the Goblet of Fire movie and otherwise has nothing to really do with the plot.
Moaning Myrtle.- the dead ghost girl.
Filius Flitwick.- one of the professors and current head of the house.
Quirinus Quarrel.- dark arts teacher in the first film. evil scumbag.
Gilderoy Lockhart.- dark arts teacher in the second film(?). massive idiot.
Garrick Ollivander. - the wand shop guy. not that important but hey, he somewhat stands out.
Sybill Trelawney- one of the professors, not that important but still a character that was noticeable for her unique appearance.

Of those characters listed the most prominent would probs be Luna, Quirinus and Gilderoy.

For the record, my house, Hufflepuff only has a few notable characters too.
Pomona Sprout- one of the professors and current head of the house.
Nymphadora Tonks- pretty prominent badass.
Cedric Diggory- was only in the one novel but still had a major role in it.

The only other 4 Hufflepuffs I can find are super minor background characters with few lines who end up being part of Dumbledore's Army. The most prominent of those being Hannah Abbot as she ends up being Neville Longbottom's wife sometime down the line.

Kimaka

On the old Pottermore, I was in Gryffindor. Now I'm in Slytherin. Took it again and still got sorted into Slytherin. Guess I'm evil now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh that's certainly not something we would apply to all, after all even the hat says one could actually fit in several houses, Harry being a potential fit for both Slytherin and Gryffindor.
It's more imo of a "potential average", given that the core attributes seem to be

Ravenclaw: Intellect
Gryffindor: Courage
Slytherin: Ambition
Hufflepuff: Nice / Caring
wasn't Harry mostly considered for slytherin because he was actually one of voldemort's hocruxes though?

kaitain19

Apparently I'm a Slytherin. I'm not too sure if this result is accurate since my Ilvermony house is supposed to be Thunderbird, which favors adventurers. I'm probably one of the least adventurous person you'll ever meet. Hell, I don't even like going outside unless I need to.

Ekai

Apparently I'm a Slytherin. I'm not too sure if this result is accurate since my Ilvermony house is supposed to be Thunderbird, which favors adventurers. I'm probably one of the least adventurous person you'll ever meet. Hell, I don't even like going outside unless I need to.

I don't know how I got Thunderbird, tbh.

vikki

Gryffindor the Thunderbird

Thunder!... Thunder!!.. Thunder!!!. HOOOO!!!!

My patronus is a real thoroughbred, a Bay Stallion.

My Pearwood wand is just above average, coming in at 12 1/2 inches with a dragon heartstring core. It is mostly hard with a slightly yielding flexibility.

Teepo671

I wound up in Hufflepuff.
Don't really have any particular house preferences but I'm still struggling with the disappointment of my salmon patronus... D:

PSqueak

Banned
Ages ago i took a survey that sorted me in Ravenclaw, but i'd love to be in Hufflepuff, you know, that's the broest of house, you'd know everybody has got your back at Hufflepuff, unlike unpredictable loose canons at Gryffindor, stabs in the back waiting to happen in Slytherin and elitist snobs at Ravenclaw.

Hufflepuff is the house with the people you'd want to have a beer with and would lend you their truck and help you move.

Gryff all day yo.

My patronus is an otter

ottersmall.jpg

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Slytherin master race checking in. Patronus is a hyena for whatever reason.

Hufflepuff is shit sorry GAF.

Edit: I also got the snake house at Livermorny. Must be my pure blood.

brawly

Slytherin with mah Falcon patronus.

At first I wanted Ravenclaw but they're a bunch of bookworms and goodie two shoes. Slytherin is pretty dope after reading up on it more. The movies paint them in a bad light. Plus Merlin was a Slyth.

Wichu

Gryffindor/Ocicat.

I'm not sure how Gryffindor happened - I'd probably have put it near the bottom of my list. I'm happy with Ocicat though.

Ravenclaw with thestral patronus. Imagine being really excited at getting into Hogwarts and then being sorted into Hufflepuff. The dropout rate must be immense.

Pejo

Luna Lovegood.- probs the most prominent of Ravenclaw.
Cho Chang.- brief love interest of Harry, iirc. ends up dating Cedric Diggory. iirc she's only a secondary character around in the Goblet of Fire movie and otherwise has nothing to really do with the plot.
Moaning Myrtle.- the dead ghost girl.
Filius Flitwick.- one of the professors and current head of the house.
Quirinus Quarrel.- dark arts teacher in the first film. evil scumbag.
Gilderoy Lockhart.- dark arts teacher in the second film(?). massive idiot.
Garrick Ollivander. - the wand shop guy. not that important but hey, he somewhat stands out.
Sybill Trelawney- one of the professors, not that important but still a character that was noticeable for her unique appearance.

Of those characters listed the most prominent would probs be Luna, Quirinus and Gilderoy.

For the record, my house, Hufflepuff only has a few notable characters too.
Pomona Sprout- one of the professors and current head of the house.
Nymphadora Tonks- pretty prominent badass.
Cedric Diggory- was only in the one novel but still had a major role in it.

The only other 4 Hufflepuffs I can find are super minor background characters with few lines who end up being part of Dumbledore's Army. The most prominent of those being Hannah Abbot as she ends up being Neville Longbottom's wife sometime down the line.

Hell yea, the guy that played Willow is the leader? I'm cool with it now.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Slytherin with mah Falcon patronus.

At first I wanted Ravenclaw but they're a bunch of bookworms and goodie two shoes. Slytherin is pretty dope after reading up on it more. The movies paint them in a bad light. Plus Merlin was a Slyth.

They aren't goodie 2 shoes. One of the biggest problem with Ravenclaw is how often the students are willing to backstab each other just for grades. I can't imagine living in their dorm and school life for 7 years. Even Slytherin have comradery, even if it is based a lot of times in hate :(

Also except for a brave few, Ravenclaws are conspicuously absent when Magic Hitler attacks the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom