• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SoCal Regionals 2011 | Fighting game tournament | December 17-18

So it wasn't you :(

If Daigo was in that furry costume and revealed himself after Wong beat Ricky, shit would have been the hypest thing ever.

eb248810.jpg

Believe!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wait what? UltraDavid x James Chen webshow? YES!

USD

Just watching what I missed of UMvC3 finals (the last 7-8 matches). Some really good sets in there. Clockw0rk showing how ridiculous Hiryu Vajra is (on point and especially as an assist). And there's something about Iron Fist that's just so fun to watch, respect to Justin for sticking it out. That last set of Grand Finals was all his. Justin showing his dominance again, second time he's won both AE and MvC3, this time with the upgraded version.

I went ahead and put together a quick list of teams used in top 16. It's possible I missed an alt team somewhere but I think I got them all.

jwong: iron fist/wolverine/akuma
viscant: wesker/doom/phoenix, wesker/hawkeye/doom
jago: wesker/dante/trish
ricky: wolverine/wesker/akuma
neo: wesker/magneto/phoenix
noel: wolverine/frank/wesker
tapebot: zero/hawkeye/spencer
mine: wesker/taskmaster/magneto
fchamp: magneto/sentinel/dormammu
kai: wesker/zero/taskmaster, zero/task/strider
floe: nemesis/wesker/strider
diosx: doom/storm/sent
llnd: chris/hsienko/ammy
clock: doom/strider/ammy
marn: cap/zero/sent, cap/zero/vergil
vader: wolverine/dorm/doom

Assuming I didn't miss any teams from top 16 above, here are some quick stats on character popularity. These numbers represent the number of players who chose each character at least once in top 16. Wesker was popular, but only half of top 16 used him.

Code:
wesker		8
wolverine	4
doom		4
magneto		3
zero		3
sent		3
strider		3
akuma		2
phoenix		2
hawkeye		2
dormammu	2
ammy		2
iron fist	1
dante		1
trish		1
frank		1
spencer		1
nemesis		1
storm		1
chris		1
hsienko		1
cap		1
vergil		1

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Huh hoh
NoelBHungry (Noel Brown) said:
omg I'm so fucking mad right now.Mine had his H on turbo yesterday.no wonder why he "magically" teched all my throws.fucking cheater.smh

Its all over srk.if its true then I'm gonna be so pissed off

Turbos are banned right? In before : Oni banned in Super Turbo

Chavelo

So...

No threads at the moment on SRK.

Or just this post
Mine has turbo lights lighting up on his TE. Noticed it during his match with Tape-bot and saw it again just now against Noel Brown.

Edit: Though Justin Wong just threw his Taskmaster out of a super, so theoretically if he had auto mash on he wouldve teched it. So maybe its modding thing.

Reports say that he was using a modded stick that lights up when a button is pressed (Sparky board, perhaps?)

It's Noel "3 out of 5/1 out of 5/Not an official match" Brown.

K.

OH

no, MINE doesn't use turbos. the stick he was using was x-ray's, and when you press a button the lights light up. they're not actually turbo's.

NO CONTROVERSY HERE, SORRY GUYS

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
So...

No threads at the moment on SRK.
Reports say that he was using a modded stick that lights up when a button is pressed (Sparky board, perhaps?)
It's Noel "3 out of 5/1 out of 5/Not an official match" Brown.

K.
yeah. I don't really feel Noel's word is enough. his witness is only worth half that of any other. If someone backs him I'll throw down popcorn gifs and what not tho.

stabby droppin knowledge, all is right in the world again.

Chavelo

Or shit, even this:

Noel Brown doesn't know that even with turbo turned off, the TE-Kitty board lights up turbo LEDs when a button is pressed. RT NOW.

Which would make sense if X-Ray's stick was modded with the Kitty board.

Also, I need to buy one of those boards, btw.

Top Bottom