• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM II [GAF] Thread

Last nights lag was so bad I had to turn off the computer and then I just went to bed because I wasn't very happy with Socom... So if I missed you guys I'm sorry, but I'm sure I'll be back on tonight, as I play most every night. Of course come Christmas break I'll be not doing that.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I was on for an hour, 8:00-9pm. No one on, so I played 2 games of After Hours map repawn. Great stage btw.

Rawk Hawk

Okay so yeah, you guys need to add me to your friends lists when you get on. I need someone to talk games with, as people in my clan now are all, GTA is awesome, and so is Manhunt, and I like Rockstar... Oh man they make me angry. So yeah, whenever you are on send an invite to 3..2..1..Die, chances are I'm on.

By the way, I've finally got my own account and won't be pawning off of Blood anymore.

Anyway let's set up a time over Christmas break on a Friday or something when we can have another reunion, Blood and I will be home and not lagging quite as much. ;)

Rawk Hawk

Alright, I'll be on almost all day, I just took two final exams and don't have any more until Monday, so today I'm playing Socom.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
This quarter is all over for me so I'll be up for some games tonight. Are we going to play After Hours, or just the usual maps?

Rawk Hawk

Post up before you get on, I'm on now.

EDIT: I just got off for a few, need a little break for food and drink, I'll be back around 1:00 am EST

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
We will have a reunion this Saturday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No excuses from anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 PM EST is the start time, be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Gunstar77 said:
We will have a reunion this Saturday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No excuses from anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 PM EST is the start time, be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll try to make it, but I don't have the new maps.

Rawk Hawk

Blood and I will make it, in fact we will be logging on tonight for anyone who has nothing to do. We will be up and running within the hour. Chances are we will be under these names for those of you who do not have use on their friends list...

Blood - ThisSplitLip
Me - 3..2..1..Die

Neither of us are on the clan roster with these names, so you'll need to send a friends invite or message one of us the room you are playing in so we can find you.

Rawk Hawk

With 10 pm aproaching Blood and I couldn't help but realize we might have a little problem, if his parents are watching TV one of use will be a little late to the reunion, but both should be on by 11:30 or so. To keep things easy, we might bring back the old names for the night, either way we'll check the forum to see when you guys log on. Talk to you guys tonight.

Gunstar77

11:30 PM EST time works for me because I have a few things to do. I will see you all at 11:30 PM EST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Oh good, I won't be home until after 9pm Pacific. Hey, are we staying on the North America Server or going to play in the International Server? Log into AIM around that time se we can find each other easier...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm not even sure if the international server even has international players. Granted I only played 1 game in the early morning on a weekday, but all I heard was American players on a Japan server :p

I'm not sure if I'll make it tonight since my connection has been sucky lately,but if you guys are going international, beware that there is no clan Gaming-Age on that server, meaning you guys will have to add everyone on a friends list or something to meet up. And you have to register a new name on the international server. The names and clans aren't shared between the two servers

Rawk Hawk

Blood and I are on...

ThisSplitLip and Boomer's Back

I got on my old name after some horrific team killing rounds of like 2-9, I got fed up and got on a name that won't make me angry if I do bad. Blood and I are in US West 5 "End of the Road" we should be there for long enough for some people to come in. See you guys soon.

Laguna come find us if you get this, I'm going to send you a friends invite to make sure you know.

Rawk Hawk

I'm just glad I killed Gunstar before they voted him out, his body didn't even have time to die before he disapeared from the screen. And then after blowing myself up with a claymore, I was soon also booted. Very nice, we need to set up another date.

Maybe a weekend thing? All I know is that was pretty fun... Poor Laguna didn't make it in there until we all had been voted. I'm sure they saw his tag and weren't very happy... :lol

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Rawk Hawk said:
I'm just glad I killed Gunstar before they voted him out, his body didn't even have time to die before he disapeared from the screen. And then after blowing myself up with a claymore, I was soon also booted. Very nice, we need to set up another date.

Maybe a weekend thing? All I know is that was pretty fun... Poor Laguna didn't make it in there until we all had been voted. I'm sure they saw his tag and weren't very happy... :lol
:lol yeah, I spent too much time in the armory and got in a round later. I just slid out of there quietly... but with the quickness ;)

Rawk Hawk

Nice, I figured they would have noticed and just killed you at the beginning of the round, good call on hopping out. So when are we all going to do that again? Maybe Wario can figure his thing out. Wario you were in our room for like 1 round and then you were gone, and we couldn't talk to you. Not sure what's up with your connection, but that sucks. Next time lets just join a room or something in hopes of playing on the same team. J and I are tired of whooping on you guys. :)

Everyone have a great Holliday Season and after this weekend we need to set up another date.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Gunstar, did you get the 2nd new map from OPM? I haven't gotten around to try it out yet but I did copy it to my Hdd. I'll see you Sat. night.

alejob

I just got SOCOM for Xmas, are you guys still playing? I need to practice though, I've barely played so I would get my ass kicked.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Seems like none of these guys play, I'll play with you though.
I just started playing myself and not very consistantly either.

Gunstar77

KiNeSiS said:
Seems like none of these guys play, I'll play with you though.
I just started playing myself and not very consistantly either.

Well we normally play on Saturday night but this past Saturday was a bust I am guessing because of the holidays. Hopefully this Saturday night will be better.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Better question would be who is going to host the games because I can't with my DSL connection. We usually just play the the normal lineup:

Desert Glory
Crossroads
Frostfire
Vigilance
Sandstorm
Fishhook
Enowapi

Gunstar, what is the name of that one map where the terrorists have the hostages in a bunker and the seals have two ways to get in(map is from SOCOM 1 IIRC)?

Shiggy

I hope this is the right thread:

Sony schließt Socom II Server

05.01.05 - Sony gibt bekannt, dass sämtliche Socom II Server in Japan am 06.02.05 abgeschaltet werden. Online-Spiele werden ab Februar 2005 in Japan nicht mehr möglich sein, so dass man das Spiel nur noch offline nutzen kann.

Sony will close the Japanese Socom II server on 6th February.

Rawk Hawk

Blood and I were both on Saturday and no one showed up. Although the server messed up and our tags weren't even on, we checked our friends lists often and didn't see anyone get on. I've brought my TV back to my house, so Blood and I won't be back on until we get back to school on January 16th (also my birthday), but then I will be on daily and he will come around once in a while as usual.

Rawk Hawk

Defensor said:
Better question would be who is going to host the games because I can't with my DSL connection. We usually just play the the normal lineup:

Desert Glory
Crossroads
Frostfire
Vigilance
Sandstorm
Fishhook
Enowapi

Gunstar, what is the name of that one map where the terrorists have the hostages in a bunker and the seals have two ways to get in(map is from SOCOM 1 IIRC)?

Maybe you mean Death Trap? But that has three ways in... I can't think of any other one though.

Rawk Hawk

For Kinesis and anyone else who is playing often these days, let me know when you are getting on in the next few days or so, I'll add you to my friends list and such as I'm back to school now and I am able to play again.

My name I've been playing forever is:
3..2..1..Die
No fancy letters, just two dots between the numbers.

Although once Ace gets around to it I have the name:
Doc HoIIiday to add to the GAF list.
The L's are not L's, but rather capital I's.

Let me know whoever is going to get on, I'll check back here tonight to see if you guys are on at all.

Rawk Hawk

Well my AIM handle is OffedByAchilleus hit me up some time and let me know.

That goes for everyone else too, Gunstar, Ace, Wario, Tencir, laguna, add me so we can stay in touch. I haven't been logging on any forum lately, after I got banned for saying what I thought was true, I'm reluctant to say anything.

Nos_G

I was on last night trying out Last Bastion... pretty cool. 2 out of the 3 maps are heavily biased against the SEALS though (Liberation & Last Bastion).

After Hours is pretty decent as it reminds me of a dark and stormy Crossroads... except bigger.

We really need to get this reunion going!! Let's GO!

Top Bottom