• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM II [GAF] Thread

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
tenchir said:
WTH!!! I logged on right now and I got a "banned for an hour online for using a cheating device" then got disconnected. WTF? I wasn't cheating and the memory card I was using didn't have any thing on that that can lead to cheating. I could play yesterday and the day before that, anyone else having the same problem?

Hmmm... I'm online right now and no screen of anykind that your are talking about tenchir. New stats:

39774 Tenchir
42615 AceofVSSe
55117 Gunstar77
77697 Nos G
97501 Chanceshot
111354 Laguna X
218707 Wario 64
1006801 Ploid2zero
1049306 hgplayer1

reflects only those who have played after the new patch.

Clan Ranking: 5656 Gaming Age
Clan Rating: 1030

tenchir

Tried to log on again for a third time and got a 3 hour ban. This is after I use a different formatted memory card(official too). No idea what is wrong.

Edit: I am reading from some message boards about the banning problems. Seems like they are banning system with modchip on, so let's see if I can play the game with the modchip in sleep mode tomorrow.

I logged on a little earlier, it was laggier than a bastard. It would seemingly get smoother as more players died. I think I could handle like a 4 on 4 match. Maybe I'll try again later tonight.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
neptunes said:
I'm curious to know, what happens if you forget to put the mod-chip in stand-by?
Well for one I am suprised he could log into the network because normally it wouldn't get passed the DNAS. Second... well just look at Tenchir's reply:

Tried to log on again for a third time and got a 3 hour ban. This is after I use a different formatted memory card(official too). No idea what is wrong.

Just like modded Xbox that go on live somehow, Sony takes the ip of the modded system for future purposes.

I'm going to log in tonight around 9pm Pacific.

tenchir

Fuck it, I don't feel like plaing Socom II anymore, pissed me off to no end. I actually logged on and played a couple of game, I then turn it off to get something to eat. When I log back on, I got banned again!!!! Star Wars: Battle Front is coming out soon anyway.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
tenchir said:
Fuck it, I don't feel like plaing Socom II anymore, pissed me off to no end. I actually logged on and played a couple of game, I then turn it off to get something to eat. When I log back on, I got banned again!!!! Star Wars: Battle Front is coming out soon anyway.
Oh sad... don't shun SOCOM II forever tenchir! Oh well, I guess this is the end of the SOCOM II [GAF] clan. Everyone, try to make it tonight around 8:00PM Pacific or so for one of our final Gaming Age Forum Reunion games.... Bloodwilltell and 3..2..1 are going to lag their way in tonight, and Gunstar will be on too. If you are not banned Tenchir, go ahead and log in tonight as well. The rest of you:

Wario64
DRey1082
{{{Nos G}}}
LagunaX
hgplayer1
Ploid2zero
ChanceShot
teepo
Echoes_of_Pink
Cmdr. Solrak

Jump in for the final(?) match tonight at 8:00pm-8:30pm Pacific!

teepo

well i decided to stay home for you guys but I HAVE NO FUCKING MIC.

i went to bestbuy today. should have picked up a new one.

we need to start organazing the halo2 clan soon.

hgplayer1

I tried to join the ecort medley game you guys were in but it didnt even show up on the list when I got into East22. decided to go into another game but had to leave soon after that.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Good games tonight. I stayed a bit later than the rest of you and started to play much better. I'm now ranked 4th in the clan.

Dujour

Banned
Played for the first time. I guess it'll be a week before I want to show anyone what I've got, but the transition from socom I to II is a pretty difficult one for me. :/

(This is 3..2..1..Die) I still play once and a while, but the college server I play from is laggier than hell. But if anyone wants to set up times to play I'd be more than happy to get one nightly. As for Blood he may get one once in a while.

Rank-up Ensigns UNITE!

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I'm up for a game this weekend, sorry Monster Hunter now takes up my online time. We can try to make another reunion game with Serafitia joining up.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
We have a thread on this on the main forum but its worth it to take a look here:

The new SmartJoy FRAG allows you to use a Keyboard and mouse for shooters on the xbox and PS2. Plus has presets for games like SOCOM II. Check out this video:

http://image.lik-sang.com/content/smartjoy-frag/SmartJoy_FRAG_SOCOM_II.mpg

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3495

smartjoy-frag-ps2.jpg

smartjoy-frag-ps21.jpg

Could make sniping easier... I might buy this.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If that product actually delivers, my game performance would increase by like 300%. Seriously

hgplayer1

wouldnt this be considered cheating since youre using a device that would give you an upper hand against a majority of the players out there?

(3..2..1..Die)

Oh yeah! No longer a butter stick and after some killer rounds today I'm looking good. To play here at college I've been going to the max person 10 rooms. Runs fairly well. I work tonight 11:00pm to 3:00am EST but when I get back I'm almost amped up enough to play a few more rounds.

Since no one is really playing I'm going to leave the clan, although I'll check back and such to see when you guys will be playing and join in, but I've got some other guys I know that want to make a clan, and you guys don't play anymore.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Most of us will return when the first new map is available for the Hdd through the Dec issue of OPM. For now, it's all about Monster Hunter Online! Unless more people generate an interest in SOCOM II(oddly there is sortof a new SOCOM 1 GAF clan going on) because of the price drop, so far Monster Hunter Online is where we are at. I am interested in playing a couple of rounds on the weekends though.

Well I'm sure Blood will stay in the clan, so I'll know when you guys are playing and what not.

Oddly enough right now I'm the first player int he clan with wings... Go figure.

Ensign turned Captian, I guess you really can change your stars....

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I just bought the OPM mag with new new downloadable map :D
Who is up for the Return of GAF SOCOM II online?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Map is huge! There are alot of great sniping spots and hiding places. I really got to get back into playing SOCOM II online now because of After Hours. Been playing Killzone online so far too.

Nos_G

Def, I'm good for some Socom2 After Hours fun tonite. I played some yesterday and it was pretty fun.

The sniping posts are pretty good and the action on it is pretty fast. Exept when there are only 2 ppl left and then it draws out too much because the map is huge.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
I got the CD but I haven't had time to play yet. I am planning an all day gaming fest on Saturday though with Socom 2 and Monster Hunters though. See ya then.

The map is pretty cool. I haven't played it much, but it's not bad. By the way, I have been playing Socom under a new name, This Split Lip.

Gunstar77

Well I played the new map Saturday night, I didn't see any of you on. I like it but I prefer playing it with Respawn on. The map size is very large and with no Respawn it takes forever. I think for now on I will play with Respawn on because I really don't care about rank anymore.

Ploid 3.0

I wish there was a way to download the maps. Might have to end up buying back issues from OPM if I want the new maps -_-

Defensor said:
Could make sniping easier... I might buy this.

I have this and it does make sniping easier. However you lose the ablility to crouch and walk slowly with this setup. I'm back to using the dual shock2.

Gunstar77

Well guys I am back to playing Socom 2 again. I played a few hours on Saturday night, I was very rusty. I will start playing more offen again. By the way there was a patch released on Nov. 3, I am guessing it was to set up the After Hours map but I am not sure.

Gunstar77

By the way there was a patch released on Nov. 3, I am guessing it was to set up the After Hours map but I am not sure.

Well I can confirm that the patch did change some of the guns. I was playing for about 2 hours on Sunday night and a guy told me that the 552-SD was one of the guns improved, so I gave it a try. As far as I can tell it is more accurate and slightly more powerful but still isn't as good as the seals' M4A1-SD but it is now my favorite Terrorist gun. I got 2 MVPs with it, one on Foxhunt and the other on Crossroads. The Crossroads game was a full 16 player game. I will be playing alot more now if anyone is up for some reunion games, since now my brother has the game.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
SOCOM II Reunion? Sure, I'm up for it. But we need to pulll some people away from Halo 2 first. :p I'll start pming our clan and others for a setup time/match for reunion. What do you think about Ghost Recon 2? I heard the game might have 16 player co-op online? :O

Gunstar77

Well I didn't see anyone on Saturday night but I did see a Seinfeld clan. There was 2 dudes Assman and David Putty. At first I thought they were Blood and 321 but these dudes were from the south. I am thinking about leaving the clan or making a new screen name so I can join another clan but I would rather play with the old crew.

Hey all,

I've been playing a lot lately (This is 321, Raise Havok is still banned...) I've still got the same name 3..2..1..Die, if you guys ever get on at all try adding me to your friends list or something, I'll be on tonight at some point. I need to play with you guys at some point, most of the members of my new clan are cool, but are not hardcore gamers, and I'm not getting news on anything.... I'm not happy about that. I'm going to get on tonight at 10:00 pm EST I'll check back to see if anyone else is getting on. I'm sur eif enough do I can con Blood into logging on too.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I'll log in tonight then around 8:00pm Pacific. Haven't playeed in a while so... did both of you get the new map for download?

Blood and I live together currently at college. I don't have the HDD, but he does. So if he doesn't play I can play on his system and play it, but if not, then I can't. But I'll be on, my clan might war tonight around 10:30, so I'll catch up with you after that. I'll have Blood log on and just keep checking his clan list for you guys, so if he is green, but at the main menu, I just have it turned on to check up on you guys.

Top Bottom