• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM II [GAF] Thread

Nos_G

New Update is coming guys and E-seals email says ALL STATS WILL BE RESET. I haven't logged in a while, so it may have already happened.

If you guys don't get E-seals emails, here is a few things from the email:

" Adjusting the parameters for having players vote other players. Voting can no longer be used as an exploit to warn someone that an enemy is behind them. With the new update, you can no longer vote someone when you are watching the player from the dead player spectator mode. So no more using votes to warn the players that someone is behind them.

Fixed the areas where players were getting outside of the map or into specific objects not originally intended by the game's creators.

Resolved a few outstanding disconnect issues
Due to these recent exploits, some players have been able to gain an unfair advantage in the ranking system and therefore we will be resetting the ladder ranking for all players. "

And something of interest to HDD owners:

"HDD DOWNLOADS: You heard me right! e-SEALs will give members an exclusive look at the upcoming downloads. Through our incredible powers of persuasion (which basically consists of forcing SCEA and Zipper into a dark room with one single lamp to watch endless reruns of Full House), we have been able to secure information on new maps and other goodies. Online play requires internet connection, memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation 2), and Network Adaptor (for PlayStation 2) (each sold separately). It's gonna be bigger than Mardi Gras, the Fourth of July and the Republican National Convention all rolled into one! "

No downloads yet, but new info is better than nothing. :D

And sorry for being MIA, been swallowed up in some offline gaming backlog.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Anyone playing over the holiday weekend? I had things to do so I couldn't leave town, but I'm thinking of trying to get some games in tonight. I tried to play a bit the other night and only saw Tenchir on. I couldn't get into the room he was in. Connection problems foiled me shortly after. Anyhow, hopefully I'll see a few of you on tonight, I'm rusty as hell.

I wonder what the downloadable content will be? At one time I thought that would be the only compelling reason to buy the HD for the PS2 but unless it's really good or I start playing a lot more again I don't know if it's worth getting. I suppose for awhile the new, HD supported maps will be the hottest thing going.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I'm going to play today and tomorrow(been preoccupied with Resident Evil Outbreak online for the last couple of days). So our stats are going to be erased but at least everyone will be at the same level... for now. I'm going to take down everyone's stats before the reset and post them on the front page for reference. Also I am going to do a update soon. If you guys are looking for a game to play, always look out for the room: Fresh Corpses

the guys there who host the room are pretty good guys(Mr Pliskin, WIR, Paco, Sweet, rgady, etc) that we know and are cool with us. Look for them in West 5-8 most of the time.

We should also plan a reunion game(failed last time Gunstar :/ ) where all of us can try to log in to play. Having only 3 people last time wasn't a party to begin with. Plus we can get some new blood like TTP and kaching to play as well.... check out the front page in my post for our SOCOM II buddy list.

Nos_G

I'm back to evenings at work for the most part, so I'm good for night time warfare. :D

Well if I can wrestle the tv away from my girl and her pikmin2, that is... :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Welp, our stats get reset tomorrow and I figured I'd take some crappy pics of our stats so we can look back and see how many hours we lost to this game :p

I'll probably be playing again tomorrow just to see what the changes are with the patch and all

Rank - Name

38006 - BloodWillTell (oops, a bit blurry lol)
62088 - Wario64
63195 - AceOfVSSE
75493 - Tenchir
103269 - DRey1082
110406 - {{{Nos G}}}
117824 - LagunaX
126566 - Gunstar77
133946 - hgplayer1
141773 - Ploid2zero
179397 - ChanceShot
357618 - teepo
365671 - Echoes_of_Pink
387322 - Cmdr. Solrak
436032 - 3..2..1..Die

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Damn you Wario! You are always ahead of me whenever I get a slight lead. Also, Bloodwilltell(Little Tokyo) is not banned anymore, but 3..2..1(Raise Havok) is.. LOL.

Both of them might play this weekend so here is our chance for a SOCOM II Reunion!

tenchir

I actually past Ace and Wario in rank once. But my rank have dropped really quick because I was playing as a sniper a lot.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Let's set up a day and time to play as a clan. I'll be on later tonight to play before the reset tomorrow morning.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Defensor said:
We should also plan a reunion game(failed last time Gunstar :/ ) where all of us can try to log in to play. Having only 3 people last time wasn't a party to begin with. Plus we can get some new blood like TTP and kaching to play as well.... check out the front page in my post for our SOCOM II buddy list.

I agree, I would to get a game going Saturday night around 10 PM EST.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Haha, yeah I can imagine it being easy to rank up in the beginning since there won't be many active players

I'll see if I can get on later in the afternoon

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
For some reason, I played 1 game this afternoon, 17 kills and 9 deaths or something (which I thought was pretty good, got me MVP). Anyway, I check my rankings after the game and i'm butter stick? 1 million ranking? wtf! I guess it was still updating but I haven't checked since then

I'm gonna try to get on later tonight

One big change I've noticed so far is the voting system. When you die, you can't vote people off anymore. Well you can, but you have to switch players until you get to your corpse, THEN you can vote. This is to prevent dead players from alerting live players in game. You can still do it, you just have to be quick

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
So far the new ranks reflect those who logged in and played:

17298 Tenchir
18137 AceofVSSE
25604 Nos G
181698 Wario64

Damn Tenchir! You are the new #1 spot and Nos_G got his ol' wing again too. Wario's rank will go up even higher once everyone starts to play at least once for the clan rank to change.

Ploid 3.0

Wario64 said:
Welp, our stats get reset tomorrow and I figured I'd take some crappy pics of our stats so we can look back and see how many hours we lost to this game :p

I'll probably be playing again tomorrow just to see what the changes are with the patch and all

Rank - Name

38006 - BloodWillTell (oops, a bit blurry lol)
62088 - Wario64
63195 - AceOfVSSE
75493 - Tenchir
103269 - DRey1082
110406 - {{{Nos G}}}
117824 - LagunaX
126566 - Gunstar77
133946 - hgplayer1
141773 - Ploid2zero
179397 - ChanceShot
357618 - teepo
365671 - Echoes_of_Pink
387322 - Cmdr. Solrak
436032 - 3..2..1..Die

Ha ha I have a better hit % than wario. Woot!

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Ploid 3.0 said:
I have the worst hit percent: 6%
cry.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
181698 Wario64

Why? I got fucking MVP in my game and my kills doubled my deaths! The ranking system is screwed!

Drey1082

Ploid 3.0 said:

I had a better % than both of you! YAY!!

but way less games, and was never that good. if i played you guys now, you'd completely destroy me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hehe, I usually just screw around after rounds and fire random shots though, unless they don't count those...but I doubt it

I'm happy with my old kills-death count though. 1000+ kills over deaths is always good

hgplayer1

ive played a little last couple days. my rank actually fell all the way back to ensign. wtf? i was playing pretty badly but I didnt think it was that bad. maybe i got owned by some newbies or something? anyway, I think Ive developed some connection problems the last few days so if anyone sees me on and im lagging like a bitch, please mention it to me.

hgplayer1

Wario64 said:
hgplayer, they resetted the stats on Thursday so the ranking is going all over the place

I know but even after the reset I was still at commander or whatever the star looking rank is.....my ladder position went up but my rank went down I think

Nos_G

LOL damn, I have the highest hit % @ 19... at one point that was at 30% but my sniping has gone down tremendously.

I'll be on tonite.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Nice turnout tonight. :D I almost forgot how fun this game can get. Unfortunately, the rust I've accumulated shows big time. I got 26 kills, but died 37 times. Plus I only killed 2 VIPs. It was great playing with you guys again.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Laguna X said:
Nice turnout tonight. :D I almost forgot how fun this game can get. Unfortunately, the rust I've accumulated shows big time. I got 26 kills, but died 37 times. Plus I only killed 2 VIPs. It was great playing with you guys again.

Agreed, I will try to play more often but Sundays are out of the question now that the NFL is back. That last game was great when we were all on the same team finally.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
It was great to see some MIA's return tonight, Laguna X and Chanceshot. You guys may have been away for awhile but are far from rusty. Great game and a pretty good turnout. We kicked arse on the last map, The Mixer, since we all finally got to be on the same team. Almost had a clean sweep too but they got served in the end. Watch out for me in Death Trap and my rocket launcher :D

Reunion #2:

-Tenchir
-AceofVSSE
-Gunstar77
-Chanceshot
-LagunaX

Look ma, no M203's!!

tenchir

Defensor said:
It was great to see some MIA's return tonight, Laguna X and Chanceshot. You guys may have been away for awhile but are far from rusty. Great game and a pretty good turnout. We kicked arse on the last map, The Mixer, since we all finally got to be on the same team. Almost had a clean sweep too but they got served in the end. Watch out for me in Death Trap and my rocket launcher :D

Reunion #2:

-Tenchir
-AceofVSSE
-Gunstar77
-Chanceshot
-LagunaX

Look ma, no M203's!!

Ugh, the only way I can survive getting down there is through the open back entrance. Anyway, I am back to #1!!!!! Can't believe I got so much kill with pistols, LOL.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Death Trap is indeed awesome. Seeing you guys wielding those rocket launchers had me laughing out loud.

I'm with Gunstar on the whole no gaming on the holiest of days, NFL football day ;). Plus I've still got a house to put together. I have to move the PS2 everytime I want to go online with it. So I'll be absent most of the time. I will make an effort to play more though.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
You missed Reunion #2 Ploid. Don't worry, Reunion #1 was a fizzle...
We do need to set up a 3rd SOCOM II Reunion game. What is a good day and time for you guys to play? Post away a date and time.

Ploid 3.0

Ok, I was on last night and I did really good. Got 3 kills in one match and almost killed the last guy, then I got 3 kills in another match and didn't know it lol (frag). Can't wait for the HDD stuff.

tenchir

WTH!!! I logged on right now and I got a "banned for an hour online for using a cheating device" then got disconnected. WTF? I wasn't cheating and the memory card I was using didn't have any thing on that that can lead to cheating. I could play yesterday and the day before that, anyone else having the same problem?

Top Bottom