• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM II [GAF] Thread

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Defensor said:
WTF? Why are all the server rooms full 256?

Hey Ace, a friend of mine called me today and said the Socom 2 servers are all messed up. Some people online were saying the Sony stop supporting the servers, but I think that is a bunch of BS.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Gunstar77 said:
Hey Ace, a friend of mine called me today and said the Socom 2 servers are all messed up. Some people online were saying the Sony stop supporting the servers, but I think that is a bunch of BS.
Man, you ain't kidding! All the rooms in each server have funky names and such. Someone saying the servers have been hacked.... Plus you could literally scroll down to join a game and it seems endless rooms. I hope this means updating the servers and the downloadble content. I guess that means no SOCOM II tonight :(

I've got it! You know how we are thinking up new Tags for GAF thanks to the Gay Ass Faggots and Fag backwords rumors. Well how about EGC, it will stand for Egyptian God Cards, but we won't tell anyone but rather just keep using the phrase "I'm like a freakin' Egyptian God Card over here." And let them piece it together.

Wario, Blood can still view it I think, and if not I usually inform him of anything of interest as I live a block away from him, and spend roughly 90% of my time at his house.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Server update on Wednesday July 21, 2004 from 5am and 7am PST. This server update better be GOOD!

I'm going to see if I can play SOCOM 1 or Tribes: AA on the PS2.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
No new patch this morning, but they did fix that weird glitch where there were alot of funky room names and such. Played a game of Crossroads and seemed the same as before.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Hey d00ds. I haven't forgotten about y'all, but I'm in the middle of renovatin' the ol homestead and my PS2 isn't anywhere near my router. One of these days I'm gonna temporarily get hooked up so that I can join in the bloodshed. Until then, happy huntin' and keep the body count up!

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Hey, Navy Seals with Solid Snake(Michael Biehn) is on tv right now so I'll log in afterwards. Also, look at their primary weapon they use in the movie:

mp5sdrock.jpg

:D

Ploid 3.0

Dang man, I have another PS2 and I'd have to figure out the network settings and junk to play again. I don't think I'll be on tonight although I planned to. I'll get my other PS2 tomorrow and will be ready next time. What's the deal with not being able to use your network settings with a different PS2? I can't even get FFXI to load on it at all :\

I assume by the lack of comments the EGC idea is a flop? But come on! It's The Egyptian God Cards for crying out loud, this is absurd.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ploid 3.0 said:
Dang man, I have another PS2 and I'd have to figure out the network settings and junk to play again. I don't think I'll be on tonight although I planned to. I'll get my other PS2 tomorrow and will be ready next time. What's the deal with not being able to use your network settings with a different PS2? I can't even get FFXI to load on it at all :\

You can copy your network settings file from the memory card manager, can't you?

tenchir

Whoops, no wonder you didn't come in. Not my fault, I waited for you to join a room for like 5 minutes before I chose one. You could have message me that you couldn't join.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
teepo said:
i don't know how to message :(
+ Press R1 to bring up the virtual keyboard
+ Select "message"
+ Type in the user name you want to message
+ Press select to type the message and press enter to send

Blood and I are going to be on, without a doubt. So come on guys, let's get on and show them what we've one last time (And every Friday and Saturday until roughly August 20th).

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Tenchir is a traitor :p

3..2..1, I'm still doing research on your University network problem for playing online games. I still think one of the factors is a firewall setup by the University. Blood needs to post back on GAF plus we need to see some more MIA's at least showing up for a game or two...Earlier in the week the connections for some games were pretty bad but lately it has been pretty smooth.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Defensor said:
Tenchir is a traitor :p

3..2..1, I'm still doing research on your University network problem for playing online games. I still think one of the factors is a firewall setup by the University. Blood needs to post back on GAF plus we need to see some more MIA's at least showing up for a game or two...Earlier in the week the connections for some games were pretty bad but lately it has been pretty smooth.

I promise to make an appearence this week. "No soup for you, Two Weeks!!"

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Eh, I get passed the "Playstaion 2" screen and the rating one, but once I hear the intro, I get no picture. I'm going to use SDP to download this movie.

Nos_G

lol that video is hella funny...

1-6 was the score.. haha..

August 5 '04 for JPN release for SOCOM2?

Maybe the DLC is coming soon to coincide with the release?

*prays*

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I'll be on in a few minutes... I have to buy some dinner for my brother and I.

dante3.gif

^ "Make Dante a sammich sucka!"

EDIT:

Uh guys.... when I try to connect to SOCOM II, it shows no Universe to log into....

Hey Ace, did you talk with your friend anymore about the firewall problem I'm going to be having soon?

I'll probably pop on tonight again, I assume Blood will also.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Like the PAL box art, not sure about Japan's though. Too messy, and what's with the game screenshots...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Heh, can we even get six players to partcipate in the tournament? :p

(Actually you need eight people it seems)

teepo

we have some pretty damn good players in our clan and if we actually practice and play games for real... i'm sure we stand some sort of chance.

i'm deff in.

Top Bottom