• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM II [GAF] Thread

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Bah got kicked at the 5th round! Oh well, good games tonight.. Personally I would have prefered:

GAMEDAY 2005

As the room name :p

tenchir

I did great on that Crossroad game. Ace was pretty predicatable at the beginning, I knew he was going for the bomb and so I waited for him.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I got booted when the Requiem map was loading, and didn't feel like starting the game back again. Friggin boots :|

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
tenchir said:
Ace was pretty predicatable at the beginning, I knew he was going for the bomb and so I waited for him.
:(

That was one hell of a mass boot. I presume the host either got booted or left the game while it was loading Requiem. That Japan Socom commercial rocks!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Defensor said:
:(

That was one hell of a mass boot. I presume the host either got booted or left the game while it was loading Requiem. That Japan Socom commercial rocks!

Yep, when I came back for some reason my timing was off by just a hair. I seemed like the other plays would be able to react faster. Next time I get booted, I am shutting my PS2 all the way down and then logging back in. Maybe it will help?

Nos_G

How have the servers been? I was talking Socom2 with a bud from work and he says they have been buggy as of late?

How are you guys faring?

A bit on SOCOM II infomation, and clan that has been put together in the last 72 hours has quickly become on to reckon with. They call themselves the "Silver Snakes" with a clan tag of [SS] (Obviously). If you run into one of these foes in the game, you might want to befriend him A.S.A.P. or you might pay the piper. Speaking of the Silver Snakes just to give you some reason to head my advise... The other day 4 members od [SS] played Grenade Boy, Grenade Boi, and two of thier brothers how were names Grenade Guy and Grenade Man (Personally thought of MegaMan when I saw this name...) Well needless to say the [SS] team was the Seals at Fish Hook, and won the game 6 rounds to none, not one [SS] player died and they ended with the same amount of kills (That number being 6). So these guys are the real deal, keep an eye out.

BTW I got this word from a very reliable source, so I know it has to be true, even though personally I haven't met one of these guys online yet. I'll post back after my first play through with one.

Bog

Junior Ace
Raise Havok said:
A bit on SOCOM II infomation, and clan that has been put together in the last 72 hours has quickly become on to reckon with. They call themselves the "Silver Snakes" with a clan tag of [SS] (Obviously). If you run into one of these foes in the game, you might want to befriend him A.S.A.P. or you might pay the piper. Speaking of the Silver Snakes just to give you some reason to head my advise... The other day 4 members od [SS] played Grenade Boy, Grenade Boi, and two of thier brothers how were names Grenade Guy and Grenade Man (Personally thought of MegaMan when I saw this name...) Well needless to say the [SS] team was the Seals at Fish Hook, and won the game 6 rounds to none, not one [SS] player died and they ended with the same amount of kills (That number being 6). So these guys are the real deal, keep an eye out.

BTW I got this word from a very reliable source, so I know it has to be true, even though personally I haven't met one of these guys online yet. I'll post back after my first play through with one.

Uhh, who cares?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bog said:
I'd like to play AS WELL. Tell me where.

Hey I'm just curious, were you in the Socom 2 beta? I saw someone using your old handle during the beta period but I had no headset so I couldn't find out if it was really you

Bog

Junior Ace
Wario64 said:
Hey I'm just curious, were you in the Socom 2 beta? I saw someone using your old handle during the beta period but I had no headset so I couldn't find out if it was really you

As Bog or Bobster? I would assume Bobster since I wasn't Bog back then. Either way, no. Wasn't me.

Blech, Sandstorm is quickly becoming one of my most disliked maps. We need to find [FRESH CORPSES] more often. I rather enjoy their level selection.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
MARUI%20LG%20M203.jpg

:D I only use it to protect.

tenchir

Defensor said:
Tenchir get back in the game! We're waiting. West 5

I tried, but I kept ended up being on the other side, it's not that I'm not willing to play on the other side, but those cock-suckers tried to vote me off. They didn't even ask me to leave or tell me the reason they voting me off. They just said vote tenchir off right after I join in. I was pissed off course and didn't feel like playing for the rest of the night.

tenchir said:
I tried, but I kept ended up being on the other side, it's not that I'm not willing to play on the other side, but those cock-suckers tried to vote me off. They didn't even ask me to leave or tell me the reason they voting me off. They just said vote tenchir off right after I join in. I was pissed off course and didn't feel like playing for the rest of the night.

Yeah, I gave em hell after the round. Then like a curse, my game froze up and I had to reset the system. Thos bastards!

If you want to be in the clan, ToyMachine, then just tell Defensor to send an invite, otherwise, you'll find us playing around 11:00-11:30pm-ish EST most nights, if you'd like to play with us.

Oh man, Ace, you missed some funny shit last night. Gunstar, Teepo, and I annoyed that other team so badly, it was hilarious. Their trash talk was so lame. "(4 seconds of dead silence, while they think of a comment) Yo GAF, and shit... you guys suck, and shit... go fuck a goat, and shit.... and shit!" Classic.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
LittleTokyo said:
Oh man, Ace, you missed some funny shit last night. Gunstar, Teepo, and I annoyed that other team so badly, it was hilarious. Their trash talk was so lame. "(4 seconds of dead silence, while they think of a comment) Yo GAF, and shit... you guys suck, and shit... go fuck a goat, and shit.... and shit!" Classic.
What the hell did you guys say? Was this after I left at 11:00pm yesterday?

teepo

i think i started when i kept telling them over and over they got lucky for winning when we all were fucking around the the rocket launcehrs and shit.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
LittleTokyo said:

Yep, we used nothing but 203s the whole time. You would have loved it.

To quote the movie "The Air Up There"..... "That was awesome."

But then again to quote "Footloose"..... [Picture some sweet dance moves.]

I will see you guys later.... Muahahahahaha.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The mass RPG launch was hilarious, although I don't think we killed anyone with it. Except for the TK on Gunstar from me :p

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I think we killed one person with the Mass RPG launch. Still, Blood firing the RPG at point blank range, with the rocket not exploding but bouncing off my face and killing me was pretty hilarious...

This is why I like to play with friendly fire off :p
Remember 5:40

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think I'm gonna make a habit in team killing after the rounds are over, unless you're anal about game stats :p

I don't care so team kill away! *kills Blood

hgplayer1

I dont get TKing even after the round is over. its pretty funny when done every now and then and it results in something really funny happening but other than that it just seems really low brow to me. every now and then Ill jump off a high platform for a nasty suicide but thats about it.

Ploid 3.0

el-oh-el ^^

And here I was sticking to flash bangs to end the round. I'm using real leathal weapons from now on. Well for wario at and anybody else that say they don't care about stats. (for the record, I also don't care about stats. TK after round 4 lyfe)

Ploid 3.0

I'll get on tonight to cap one in yo head foo! :mad: Respect!

Jk, I'll get on tonight though. Hopefully I'll be on time. I'm still sore about Zipper not adding new content for the HDD. It don't matter no more though. I pretty much fry the HDD daily. I don't turn off the console anymore hardly. Even while sleep lol (don't like booting up everything and rather jump into somethign quick). Since the PC and PS2 can't be online at the same time I kinda forget about Socom stuff and kinda get involved with FFXI when I have time.

TKing after the round is only good if done in creative ways. Just blazing a gun in someone's back is no good. But perhaps setting up a claymore and detonating it as they stroll by, now that's classy. Or sniping someone with the IW, that works too. Or even better yet, popping someone in the face with an RPG round from point blank range.

Top Bottom