• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM II [GAF] Thread

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Awesome turnout tonight and Teepo welcome to the clan. Sorry for the 203's everyone. I just had to use them for the mixer :p

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Yeah, it was nice to see such a great turn out. Hopefully we can continue playing together and maybe get a few clan wars.

tenchir

Gotta used a room title that people will join..... like GirlLetMeTouchU, or LuvULongTime, or Yo Momma. Not many people joined our last game, but it was still really great game. Once again, welcome to the clan Teepo, you are pretty lethal with the shotgun.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
LittleTokyo said:
Highlight of the night, BloodWillTell getting two kills with the 12 gauge shotgun.
I can't believe he killed anything with that gun. I could never take down someone at point blank range with that pump.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Going to be loggin in alittle early today because I got off work early. Come on East coasters, its almost 9:00pm on your side!

Nos_G

heh, I killed enough hostages for one night... :O

Damnit, I need to get back in the groove of things... I'll try to play nightly from now on.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Awesome turnout again tonight, or should I say early morning....
We really need a catchy room title or something to get more people in the room. Plus I had enough friendly fire kills tonight :p Damn X-Factor!

Well I started the Gaming Age EC clan tonight.

Any East Coast people actually want in?

Let me know.

Still don't think it will help any as I typically play mid-day matches. Which may be too early for some.

10% hit rate, 1 headshot, 0 kills, 0 friendly kills

This does not add up. Somebody (X-Factor) took a shot to the head and kept on chugging.

At any rate, great turnout last night. Hopefully we'll see some of you more frequently, and perhaps get a clan battle going.

tenchir

Don't know if these are real or fakes though.
screen_22.gif

screen_11.gif

screen_33.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Either that's new HDD content or they made a special Korean Socom 2 version. My guess is it's HDD content

screen_11.gif

What's with the draw distance in this pic? Unless that's a wall

tenchir

Now that I really looked at it, I think it's fake. No HUD.

Edit: It's definitely draw distance problem, there's traffic light over it.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Hey, check these out:

&

subway_socom%20ii_small(1).jpg

These are from SCEK's site...... they look like soeemthing out of Syphon Filter Omega Strain.

socom%20ii%20&

We better hear something soon about these pics and the downloadable content!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wouldn't say it's fake cause there's no HUD, there's lots of screenshots for games that show no HUD

The big question is, why is the picture on http://socom2.playstation.co.kr/ ? I would have said it was fake right away but it's being hosted on an official site...

tenchir

Using babel fish to translate the multiplayer section.

=========================================================
-It will include city center subway station Maeb of Korea and all 23 things it will be various and distant mote playing Maeb will be prepared and there is a possibility which it will enjoy for a long time.
-Before being completely destroyed of existing, base demolition, only the quality rescue which is the bay knows in permeation and su America of the court back syen Maeb was added.
-(Before being completely destroyed, before demolishing, before rescuing and before permeating, su before court)
-Game it revives from the option which it makes and the function and it activates the cotton after dying even, it revives rightly and and B is many and and and the piece which a possibility khil (Kill) raises this before being completely destroyed which wins a victory
-There is a water service which it will enjoy.
-The victory dance the physical strength gauge to be added being added, there is a fun more and a possibility of enjoying a game there is.
-Step improved su khwel li the mote of the chatting and step was added su mask function newly.
-Who s Talking? The function being added, cumulation are talking, there was a possibility of knowing the whisper function was added, also the squad star communication was possible and.
-myu thu (Mute) the head three volume control the function to be added came to be possible. (new style head three)
-The spectator mode will be added and the free mobile camera and the fixation camera, the player pyu game it will watch a game it will learn with the back and playing of persistence there is a possibility which.
-The Cheat prevention function which improves it leads and it intercepts a misconduct from server dimension.
-Rank star restricted approach option it leads and the persistence does not participate in the room of the sewage is a water service which it will do not to be able.
-Inside server the LAN support reinforcement which will grow will lead and the LAN ranking which will grow, the LAN electrification application function which will grow, the LAN member only game back which will grow cul there is a route possibility.
-It supports the LAN and server connection there is a water service which it will enjoy without from the ps room or the club.
=========================================================

So the Korean version will have extra map(s) + the 23 we got, and hopefully those maps will be downloadable.

Another reason I thought it was fake is because the map takes place in Korea..... A Seals squad is fighting Terrorists in Korea...... the game will be released in Korea......

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Another good turnout last night... but damn the framerate drops on some of the maps. I wonder if we play on the official Sony servers for some maps if the framerate drops. I still hate Rat's nest but that Seal never got across the bridge with my Sniper rifle :D
He even tried to use a 203 but missed and hit the bridge. I got booted at the final round though and called it a night.

M63E is now the official [GAF] Terrorists weapon. Use it, aim low, and back up.

tenchir

My sister playing Karaoke Revolution(via HDLoader) with her friends, so I will be longing on a bit later than normal.

I gave in to my super masochistic anti-establisment streak today.

I'm so sick of Foxhunt, Crossroads, Frostfire, Desert Glory, and every other broad freakin' daylight stage all these Socom 2 pansies insist on playing.

So I made a hateful game called Test Your Eyes.

Sujo
Shadow Falls
The Abandoned
Rats Nest

And two other horribly dark stages that people hate playing.

Shadow Falls broke my clan members, and the rest of the people playing. ^_^

They can't take anything more complex than RUN AND GUN, OMG!!!!

I need to keep this up. I'll smoke out the super hardcore Socom 2 players.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The Take Out Bandit said:
I gave in to my super masochistic anti-establisment streak today.

I'm so sick of Foxhunt, Crossroads, Frostfire, Desert Glory, and every other broad freakin' daylight stage all these Socom 2 pansies insist on playing.

So I made a hateful game called Test Your Eyes.

Sujo
Shadow Falls
The Abandoned
Rats Nest

And two other horribly dark stages that people hate playing.

Shadow Falls broke my clan members, and the rest of the people playing. ^_^

They can't take anything more complex than RUN AND GUN, OMG!!!!

I need to keep this up. I'll smoke out the super hardcore Socom 2 players.

Screw you, night maps suck!

p.s. stealth sucks, and so does the single player, which requires 150% stealth to complete

Screw you, night maps suck!

I want to hear you scream. ^_^

I've never played single player Socom 2, as I'm in it for the quick fix. I can't stand the AI controlled partners, and what not.

Oh well, like I said - I'll smoke out the hardcore players, and the rest of you can keep running around Desert Glory pretending you're playing Quake 2 or Halo. :p

Dude, stop speaking Cocklese.

That shit doesn't make any sense to me.

PICTURE OF OLD MAN IN BLUE SHIRT!?

LAMEST SCIENCE FICTION EVER?!

Dude, where's my explosions? :p

tenchir

Sigh, got kicked out again. But I guess it's for the best since I need to do a number #2 for awhile. The game was nearly full, so I figured you guys will have enough people to play.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I got the boot too. The game just resetted itself...before it would just disconnect me as if my connection went down. Pretty weird

I guess we'll have to use that game name next time when we create a room. Quite the crowd tonight

Drey1082

good games last night guys. I would play more often, but you west coaster people play too late for me, since i wake up for work early. I was on a rare roll in foxhunt, although compared to the rest of the clan i still suck.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
In all likelihood, I won't be able to spill blood with you guys this week :( Though it does look like I may have some free time next week. I'll just wait and see, before promising anything. May the killing spree last long my GAF brothers.

PS. Deadlines suck

During crossroads, I popped out from behind a wall and had a sure kill, but after three bullets, my game froze and I was disconnected.

NERDs suck ass.

Top Bottom