• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM II [GAF] Thread

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Take a note and lets not play in another [Rp] room again. Sorry I couldn't stay for the last map, I had got a freakin headache from playing Syphon Filter earlier.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Good games guys, I have found my new favorite Seal's gun. I don't think I will be on tomorrow night because I have to get up early on Saturday and goto Great Adventure. I guess I will see you guys Saturday night then.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I know some of you might not make it tonight(Laguna and Gunstar) but the regulars should be able to. No [Rp] rooms unless you like their intimdating tagalog and attitude...

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Excellent. I don't remember a time when we've had more players on at the same time, than we had tonight. If only I had my "A" game on :( We did pretty well in that first room. If we hadn't switched sides in crossroads (thus eliminating their use of M203s) we would of had it.

tenchir

Oh man, I feel like I am dying, my cold got worse. Headaches, runny nose, coughing, and sneezing. The medicine I am taking 4 times a day are making me really drowsy. So don't expect me to log on today(unless the headaches goes away).

Drey1082

owned.jpg

This pic sums up most socom players.. haha

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Drey1082 said:
owned.jpg

This pic sums up most socom players.. haha
All that is missing is "m203's!" and "Stupid Auto-Shotguns" LOL

Awesome turnout last nite, a full house indeed. I guess me using 203's on the mixer caused the seals to use them on Crossoroads :p We had a real close game though on crossroads. Teepo, man you really tore em up yesterday. Hopefully you will move up to chopstick this week.

Gunstar77

LittleTokyo said:
I pretty much sucked all night except for Foxhunt and the [GAF] Guidance round.

Yeah, I started off great but once I got kicked off, it seemed like a 1/2 second slower. I am not sure but something wasn't right.

I am signing on now for some early action, if anyone is interested.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Game tonight and hopefully a good turnout. Oh and Wario64, I finally passed you up in the [GAF] clan :D
"OUTGOING!"

hgplayer1

hey would we be interested in goin up against my brothers clan? Im not really sure how good they are but he plays a lot more than I do. I dont think hes really that good cause overall hes not great at most games. we started arguing the other night while playing halo online about who sucked more at halo and he started talking shit and it kinda ended with him saying, "I wanna take on your clan in SOCOM" or something like that. anyways Ill probably log on tonight so hope to see you guys on

Drey1082

i'm having that problem, i just got into the room where everyone was and the game froze. This is after every screen took about 5 times as long to load.

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is, but the Socom server has been complete shit for the last three or four nights. Everything keeps freezing up, and the menu's take forever to load, it's getting ridiculous.

On a side note, it was fun team killing in crossroads.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
LittleTokyo said:
Yeah, I don't know what the deal is, but the Socom server has been complete shit for the last three or four nights. Everything keeps freezing up, and the menu's take forever to load, it's getting ridiculous.

On a side note, it was fun team killing in crossroads.
Same here. It takes about 10-20 secs to finally log in after selecting the username. Then when the online policy shows up, it takes another 10-30 secs for that to show. I hope this is just caused by maintanance on Zipper's part. Team killing isn't cool Blood :p

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
LittleTokyo said:
...says the man that got own3d by his own team!
Like I said, teamkilling isn't cool. If you are going to team kill, at least get a headshot out of it to increase your stats.

Drey1082

I must have signed off right before this. Although tenchir did nail me in the head after one round of crossroads that I was around for. Hmmm, maybe it wasn't a mistake like he said... haha.

Defensor said:
Like I said, teamkilling isn't cool. If you are going to team kill, at least get a headshot out of it to increase your stats.

Hehe, in one level I had eleven kills, thirteen headshots, and there were no hostages/VIPs to be seen. Do the math.

I'm thinking of logging on early tonight. So if anyone cares to join, I'm going to be logging on around 9:00pm EST (about 30 minutes from now).

Socom 2 servers have been crap for at least three weeks now.

Lagtastic.

It doesn't help that I'm in the pampered MH beta. Things aren't quite as laggy, but the stages aren't quite as complex, etc.

Oh well.

It's fun when it works. So I'll just wait for things to clear up again.

Monster Hunter works fine with three anime torrents running. Socom 2 doesn't. :p

Lyte Edge said:
You know, I still don't get why this thread gets no sticky love.

Socom gets no respect. This thread is probably the oldest active thread currently on the forum.

I should be on tonight at the regular time, maybe even a bit early. I found the NFL clan again last night, too bad the room was full though. I kept asking them why Gary Anderson was not in the clan, I mean afterall, he has the all-time point record.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
tenchir said:
I only met this 1 NFL guy, what's so special about them?
When we first became a clan, we would always bump into the [NFL] clan. After a while it's been mostly Fresh Corpses people but nice to see some of the [NFL] people again. Which reminds me we need to try setting up a room everynight so we can get regulars to join in.

Gunstar77

Sorry guys, I decided to quit for the night once I got kicked for the 3rd time. I guess we have a new Official GAF game name, Madden 2005.

Top Bottom