• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM II [GAF] Thread

Mwahahaha.

Ace, got my HDLoader finally, and I used the cheap method of shipping. Works great. Too bad about the incompatibilty with Samarai Warriors though.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
LittleTokyo said:
Mwahahaha.

Ace, got my HDLoader finally, and I used the cheap method of shipping. Works great. Too bad about the incompatibilty with Samarai Warriors though.
I get a package today at my work thinking its my HDLoader but rather its my 2 games I bought at EB for $8 each :(
Hopefully tomorrow

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
US West 5: [Fresh Corpses]

Blood, Gun, and Suicide are on. Join in.

EDIT: What where the terrorists arguing about when we got back to the lobby?

Hey Ace, you were shooting grenades at rapid pace out of your 203, and just pegging them till they died. I'd also suspect that you were invulnerable to their fire. It was actually pretty funny. I don't know what there problem is. I've seen it happen before by accident, and that's obviously what happened here.

My question is, if we were going to cheat, as they were accusing us, why then? We were up like 5-1. I think the problem was they were just bitter over getting owned. I never really cared for the [OSH] clan to tell you the truth. The [Fresh Corpses] guys seem alright, but those [OSH] guys (and gals) have a bad attitude. Me thinks they take their gaming way to seriously.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Are you serious? LOL. Here's what happened on my screen, I see a guy on the right side of the map getting killed so I head into that direction. I get into a gunfight since both of us are missing each other shots and I finally got to kill him. I then wait and kneel to see if anyone else is around heading in my direction. I see a guy coming up on the left of so I wait until he gets ontop of the little mound and I kill with my M4. Then all of a sudden another guy shows up on the right of me behind the rock trying to shoot me but I get him in the head. Next, another guy tried to shoot but I get him first. By no means I was even using my 203s anymore since I gave it up last round. I was actually quite suprised that I even took out half the team but wondered why everyone was pissed in the lobby(Pending the little 203 remarks that we used in the first couple of rounds.) :p

I've seen alot of weird things playing SOCOM II. Sometimes when I watch a person's screen when I die, a little odd thing would happen. For instance with Suicide Tenchir on crossroads, he threw a grenade and it looked like he threw like 10 grenades rapidly saying "Outgoing!" really fast 10 times in a row with the grenades appearing really fast. Another last night, ask Tenchir too about this, was when a terrorists looked as if he threw a pm mine at us. I'm not kidding, it really looked like a pm mine was thrown in the air and landed on the floor on Frostfire. I've never cheated in Socom and you guys know that since we've been playing for almost a year.

tenchir

Hmmm, the last game we played against 10c..... I think that they have been in ranking rooms because I got 16 kills to 5(2 of them from Gunstar and 2 from my side) death in the last game after you guys got booted. They can't aim for shit.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Sorry guys I got in late, so I will be skipping tonights games. See you tomorrow night.

David Putty

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
For people who are doing tks after rounds, you guys might want to limit TK's to GAF'ers only. Im sure other people take their stats seriously and get pissed when someone is ruining it, like last night when Blood got killed after tk'ing someone. So yeah...

Gunstar77

Sorry guys, I got kicked for the 2nd time in less than an hour, so I just decided to give up for the night.

teepo

been busy a lot latly. building a new pc and friends. sorry havn';t been playing and sutff but i'll be on around 11:30 est or so.

Gunstar77

Well guys, I just wanted to let you know that once July 20th hits (ESPN Football) I will be cutting my Socom 2 time way down. It has been fun but I think it is time for a new online game. Don't get me wrong, I will still be on once in a while but not everynight like I was. Hopefully the downloadable content will come and refresh my interest.

By the way, don't be affraid to pick ESPN Football 2K5 for $20, I would love to play you guys on Xbox. Blood already has a beatdown coming.

Hey guys. I was just wondering do you guys play regularly? I was thinking of picking Socom II up and I' wondering if a lot of people still play.

Gunstar77

We play every night at 11:30 PM EST and if you can't find us there is about 30,000 other players to play against everyday. I highly recommend picking the game up.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Gunstar77 said:
Well guys, I just wanted to let you know that once July 20th hits (ESPN Football) I will be cutting my Socom 2 time way down. It has been fun but I think it is time for a new online game. Don't get me wrong, I will still be on once in a while but not everynight like I was. Hopefully the downloadable content will come and refresh my interest.

By the way, don't be affraid to pick ESPN Football 2K5 for $20, I would love to play you guys on Xbox. Blood already has a beatdown coming.
I predicted this from the beginning. Check out the 1st page on my first post for updated news.

I can already see Gunstar and Blood cutting SOCOM II hours for the football games. $20 for EPSN Guntar? I dunno, I could buy 20 Bigmacs or 40 Burger King tacos :p
You guys know the usual time we play, around 8:00pm Pacific, so feel free to keep playing whenever you can. Last night had to be one of the funniest games we have ever played. We were extracting the hostages for the Seals and makingthe Seals all confused. Plus that time we all proned on the ground in a circle and then threw grenades in the middle killing all of us was comedy! Try to cram as many people into the OutHouse at once!

Other gameswise, still waiting for the downloadable content since my HDD is just sitting in my PS2(Canceled FFXI, but HDLoader took its place). I might pick up Monster Hunter soon to play online for the PSO-type experience. Don't kill me I have never played Phantasy Star Online. Round it up for the rest of the year with Gran Turismo 4, Burnout 3 and Killzone. It's not the Halo Killa, but I liked it at E3. Of course I'll be getting Halo 2 and I hope that our [GAF] SOCOM II clan would transfer over with all it's members:

Bloodwilltell
Wario64
AceofVSSE
Tenchir
Drey1087
Nos_G
LagunaX
Gunstar77
Jagernaut
Ploid2.0
Chanceshot
hgplayer1
teepo
3..2..1..Die
Cmd.Sorlac

No need to find other members to form a Halo 2 clan since we all know we can team kill each other :p

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I'll add you to the roster later tonight if we get a game going. IF not, I'll post the server and room name we are in. Hey did you guy actually get to see some of these SOCOM modified PS2 controllers?:

5a_1.JPG
af_1_b.JPG

af_12_sb.JPG
88_12_s.JPG

ea_1_b.JPG
93_1_b.JPG

Gunstar77

teepo said:
i don't get it...

The little buttons are the L3 and R3. Instead of having the L3 and R3 in the dual joysticks, they have to small buttons instead. This way you will not reload in middle of a gun battle because you pressed too hard on the right joystick.

Since Blood and I are playing through Tales now along with playing a little NCAA and ESPN in a few days, our Socom II time will be cut down. Right now I can really only play FRiday and Saturday nights as we don't want his parents getting too angry with us, so we should keep that up, but as for the weeks I'm not sure what he is going to do. I will find out and post, as I believe he is still banned.

lol

I want to team kill people with my pistol! I can't wait.

As for moving up the ranks...I played Socom 1 a lot before picking up this game. I was good at Socom I so it would be reasonable that I already be decent at II. XP

teepo

i was god like in socom1 and my skills didn;t transfer over

then again i played that game every damn minute when it first came out for months and had a year break befroe picking up socom2 recently :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So that's the Socom 2 controller...eh, I don't see myself shelling money out just to have a couple extra buttons for a single game. Maybe if it was like $10, but I saw some auction at like $40 on ebay, ugh

You guys probably notice that I usually only play around weekends now, and weekdays occassionally. If we can get at least 4 people playing, I'm still game. But I'm not gonna play too much, probably a couple nights per week.

Screw football :p
And Littletokyo, why did you have to get banned, on a Xenosaga 2 thread no less, lol. I just realized this online forum can't be read by non-gaffers too, so he can't even view this thread

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Wario64 said:
You guys probably notice that I usually only play around weekends now, and weekdays occassionally. If we can get at least 4 people playing, I'm still game. But I'm not gonna play too much, probably a couple nights per week.
You're in luck, Teepo, Blood, Tenchir, and Echos are on now...

teepo

Wario64 said:
So that's the Socom 2 controller...eh, I don't see myself shelling money out just to have a couple extra buttons for a single game. Maybe if it was like $10, but I saw some auction at like $40 on ebay, ugh

Screw football :p
And Littletokyo, why did you have to get banned, on a Xenosaga 2 thread no less, lol. I just realized this online forum can't be read by non-gaffers too, so he can't even view this thread

lol generally i say screw football games since my friends always buy them every year but how can you say no to nfl2k5 for 20 bucks?

teepo said:
i got booted but everyone left :( *snifflez*

I got dced and when I got back everyone had left. But I kept playing for another 2 hours after that. I was playing frostfire respawn and I managed 59 kills. I completely blew everyone away. I'm surgical with the IW-80 A2. : D

Top Bottom