• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM II [GAF] Thread

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
So do we have enough people interested in doing the SOCOM II challenge? I think we can do this if we generate enough players. Plus the registration closes on the 16th of this month.

Are you in?

tenchir

If you guys don't have enough people, then I am in. I have only been putting in an hour or two recently though.

If we are going for it, let's start practicing tonight on our roles for each maps, since my suicide technique pretty much only work in the first couple of round when they are disorganized..... I need some goals.

edit: At least I learned some stuff in todays game as a seal in The Mixers.

tenchir

So who's practicing tonight? We definitely need to play night maps since you guys are complaining that you are so bad at it.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I just finished signing up. Our clan is:

Gaming-Age

I listed AceofVSSE as the clan leader. Should work now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Do they say what times the matches will be? I think that's the only concern for me on whether I can partcipate or not

It sucks that the maps are random too, pretty much gonna need a basic strategy plan for each map just in case

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
SOCOM II Downloadable Maps Finally Coming
As I'm sure everyone remembers by now, the promise of downloadable maps for SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals II and the HDD was made quite some time ago; but after more than four months of nothing but silence, it seems that Sony is soon to make good on its original promise. At least, according to our super secret source it will.

Likely to be unveiled sometime next month, three brand new maps for SOCOM 2 will be primed and ready for download directly from within the game. Though the details of these maps are obviously shrouded in secrecy, they'll apparently be much bigger than any of the default areas that shipped with the game and bring some unusual surroundings not seen in the SOCOM series before.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/536/536843p1.html?fromint=1

Drey1082

Wario64 said:
SOCOM II Downloadable Maps Finally Coming
As I'm sure everyone remembers by now, the promise of downloadable maps for SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals II and the HDD was made quite some time ago; but after more than four months of nothing but silence, it seems that Sony is soon to make good on its original promise. At least, according to our super secret source it will.

Likely to be unveiled sometime next month, three brand new maps for SOCOM 2 will be primed and ready for download directly from within the game. Though the details of these maps are obviously shrouded in secrecy, they'll apparently be much bigger than any of the default areas that shipped with the game and bring some unusual surroundings not seen in the SOCOM series before.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/536/536843p1.html?fromint=1

after reading this, i have a bad feeling they might be single player maps. If that's the case.. grrr...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm on the roster. Looks we need four more, we only have four people in total. Sign up, even if you're not gonna play :p

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Updated the front page again. How many of you have the HDD for the downloadable content? I still have FFXI on my HDD but I haven't deleted it yet :p
I have wayy to many PS1 and PS2 memory card saves on it to back up again.

tenchir

Just signed up for eseal. I couldn't find Gaming-Age on the list for my clan, but it said I can add one later. How the hell do I add Gaming-Age? I only see the add allies when I search for Gaming-Age and saw the roster.

Edit: NM, I found it. ugh.

There's now six people, we need two more!!!!!

I hope the servers won't distinguish the difference between the Sony HDD or Third Party HDD when getting the content.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Count me out for downloadable content. I'm not gonna buy a HDD for $70 just to get a couple extra maps. That's just ridiculous. Maybe I'll get it later if I actually get games that use the HDD

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah but I'd rather get a 120 GB HDD for $80-$100 than an overpriced 40 GB HDD for $70 for the HDDloader

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Updated news again. I put up the the status of eseals members and also who's out for the tournament so far...

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
We only have 6 people. Echoes and ploid told me they registered at Eseals, but I can't fidn them or they haven't added themselves to the roster.... Looks like we might not make it. Oh well, [Fresh Corpses] is always open to play.

Jagernaut

I just logged onto Socom 2 for the first time in months, and i got a message telling me the clan was disbanded? WTF? Did someone kick me out of the clan for being inactive?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jagernaut said:
I just logged onto Socom 2 for the first time in months, and i got a message telling me the clan was disbanded? WTF? Did someone kick me out of the clan for being inactive?

That happened to me a couple nights ago. Just reconnect and you'll be back in

teepo

sorry havn't been playing for awhile. my friend came back from the airforce so i basically been out every night. will start playing with everyone hopefuly tommorow.

Ploid 3.0

I tried signing up but I don't know how lol. >_<

1192225clan.jpg

I always end up there. I can only add clan as allies or challenge.

Blood and I will be playing again this evening. Whether that mean you will be coming, or will be avoiding, I just figured you should know. Tonight (and maybe tomorrow) will be our last nights.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Updated front page. The tournament deadline has passed. We didn't get enough registered users for the tournament, but it's all good. You guys know the normal times to log in.

teepo

i don't think i got robbed. last time i popped it out of the ps2 was when i exchanged it with nfl2k5 and i through it on the floor somewhere and that was befroe i went to the beach. barely none of my friends play games. god maybe if my room wasn't a trashcan i wouldn;t have this problem.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Hey guys, I wanted to see if you were up to having a reunion night tomorrow night around 11 PM EST?

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Defensor said:
I'll be at the reunion.

Bloodwilltell
Wario64
AceofVSSE
Tenchir
Drey1087
Nos_G
LagunaX
Jagernaut
Ploid2.0
Chanceshot
hgplayer1
teepo
Echoes_of_Pink
3..2..1..Die
Cmd.Sorlack

Tonight at 11 PM EST!!!!!

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
This isn't going to be a reunion with only 3 people. Say if you are attending

Bloodwilltell
Wario64
Tenchir
Drey1087
Nos_G
LagunaX
Jagernaut
Chanceshot
hgplayer1
teepo
Echoes_of_Pink
3..2..1..Die
Cmd.Sorlack

When was the last time we had a big turnout?

teepo

FOUND MY CD. I PUT IT IN THE CITY OF GOD DVD CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!

oh great i missed the reunion and i was hoem today :(

Top Bottom