• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Solo: A Star Wars Story

y10WtR7.png

Eventually Disney will have to make a movie without all the characters, iconography, and story structure that Lucas already gave us.

The spinoffs will be about the characters of the sequel trilogy instead.

Can't wait for Porgs: A Star Wars Story

Pizza

Donald Glover is enough to get my hyped as fuck for this. He’s going to be incredible and since the comic suggests
they were both cheating while the millennium falcon was at steak
I’m actually really excited to see that now!

Maybe han’s not-wife can get some screen time, I’m trying to stay optimistic even if young han isn’t something I’d choose to make a movie out of, and his actor isn’t Ford

Diaries of Old Ben is something I want to desperately see as a movie, as was the stealing of the Death Star plans (i unapologetically love rogue one)

Han swindles everyone all the time usually, I’m down to see that as a movie

Pizza

I like the idea of both Solo and TLJ being (intentional or not) references to other things in canon

Solo being Finn repeatedly calling him solo, and TLJ being all the fucking times people are calling Luke the last jedi in the comics, despite him not feeling like he’s worthy of the title

Luke’s is extra neat, because he’s the last jedi before he starts a whole new jedi order to be the sole survivor of.

graffix13

Typical GAF hate. This sucks, that sucks, everything sucks!!

Why don't you people wait until the movie releases before you destroy it? Ahh who I am kidding? You still will.

I'm definitely watching the movie. Even though I'm not nearly as excited for this as I am for TLJ and even IX, it's still a Star Wars movie. It's going to be awesome.

But the name! Come on! That's all I'm upset about!

Davide

I hope the actor had more of a resemblance to Harrison Ford if only if only because I want to see a movie set shortly after VI focused on the big 3 at some point.

Worth noting: the starwars.com article refers to "director Ron Howard," and Disney has turned Howard into the face of the film, indicating they plan to remove (or at least try to remove) Lord and Miller's directing credit. Might be looking at a rough DGA battle.

Should've just been SOLO, the Star Wars Story subtitle sucks. Rogue One didn't need it and this doesn't.

Well, that's clear because it didn't actually have it. A Star Wars Story only showed up in the poster. In the movie, the title was simply Rogue One. I guess it's a marketing thing mainly, so people can understand the movie is a Star Wars movie. The same thing will probably happen here.

bengraven

I love Ron Howard. I was a Happy Days fan as a tot, then a fan of his early film directing endeavors. I was so happy to see him taking over this film, especially based on his history with Lucas.

But man, if he’s a milkshake duck it will kill me.

I think this will be better than many think. Ron Howard seems to be having fun with it.

Kasdan wrote it too. The guy that wrote Empire and Force Awakens. The only other name they could have possibly done is "Han Solo: a Star Wars Story". Solo is simpler, which I can understand.

Top Bottom