• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOMA |OT| I Have No Mouth but I Will Scream, on The Dark Descent into A Machine

Spaghetti

going to break into my savings to pull out the £20 for this.

haven't read the reviews fully but they seem good. is this more of a step back towards penumbra? i think the second penumbra is a goddamn classic.

On PSN SOMA should unlock starting at midnight local time for European users.

EDIT - And from looking at Frictional's Twitter it looks like NA will end up waiting for the PS store update.

Are the eu store and uk store different?
Its not showing up for me on uk

UK should be 8AM UK time tomorrow morning according to Frictional. Sorry dude.

EDIT - Wait that might just be for UK Steam users. It's 30 minutes till midnight in the UK right? Wait half an hour. lol If it's not up by then you may get stuck waiting for the PS store update.

Melchiah

On PSN SOMA should unlock starting at midnight local time for European users.

EDIT - And from looking at Frictional's Twitter it looks like NA will end up waiting for the PS store update.

Yeah, I found it in the store few minutes after midnight, which was 1h25min ago. I guess it pays off to live in this particular time zone. I won't be starting the game this night though, as I don't want to take a rushed start before going to sleep. This game deserves and demands more.

Yeah, I found it in the store few minutes after midnight, which was 1h25min ago. I guess it pays off to live in this particular time zone. I won't be starting the game this night though, as I don't want to take a rushed start before going to sleep. This game deserves and demands more.

Well Frictional is based in Sweden. I think that's why the unlock for Steam In NA is 3AM Eastern time, because it's 9AM Swede time then. :)

Yeah. I will throw it at the HTPC first. I prefer the big screen TBH. If it starts gasping for air I will move to the PC.

I genuinely expect it to run ok TBH. The intel onboard card keeps surprising me on how well it does. I generally dont mind medium settings and 720p and it keeps on doing that on games I thought wouldnt run on that setup. Pretty much everything last gen is pretty playable.
Same here. I have a laptop with an Intel i5 and an Intel HD 5500, and I can play stuff like Tomb Raider, Arkham Origins, and MGS V fine

Great reviews. Definitely buying this on GOG tonight.

I feel like this is a real success story for frictional because of how committed and passionate they were about the project. I followed the project from the reveal, and they always seemed so enthusiastic about sharing new material. I hope this game sells lots and lots.

Polygon - 9/10
I don't know if SOMA will scare people as much as Amnesia did, but it is without a doubt a stronger game, with better pacing, smarter writing and more powerful subject matter. This isn't a horror game about obfuscation; events aren't building to a huge, shocking twist. More than anything, it's about the process of dealing with the horror of reality.

artsi

...why are you on GAF and not stuffing your face with Fazer Blue chocolate? That's what I'd be doing if I was in Finland right now.

Why not both? :)

UOrwAX5.jpg

SugarDave

I'm terrible with horror but I have to give this a go. There are very few games I'm willing to buy full price at launch nowadays but there's something drawing me to this, no idea what it is as I haven't even played Amnesia.

I plan to jump straight in after I finish MGSV.

I spoke to soon. It's up now on the UK PSN for any gaffers here in sunny England!

Been waiting so long for this game, hoping to get a few hours in tonight.

Razorback

One of my most anticipated games of the year. I've been reading Frictional's blog for many years now and I love all their game design ideas. They really seem focused on improving the way narratives are told in games. Can't wait to see how those theories work in practice.

Top Bottom