• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOMA |OT| I Have No Mouth but I Will Scream, on The Dark Descent into A Machine

Saraluna

Neo Member
Yeah, there aren't really any scripted jump scares, but I still found it really creepy and disturbing. I also hate getting chased by monsters. =( I ended up using the wuss mod, which makes so the monsters still patrol but won't attack you. It actually was perfect for me -- the game was still really creepy and disturbing, but it actually made it possible for me to finish.

I'm aware of the wuss mod - I've got it bookmarked somewhere just in case...

kami_sama

Just finished the game. With the wuss mod, of course. I don't like horror games, but I like a good story, and this game has a great one.
I still have some questions that I'll spoilertag: CAUTION
What happened with the Simon still in the pilot seat and Catherine? Why is it all so dark?
Are the monster's powers (teleportation, phasing in and out of existence) real or is due to Simon being a "robot"?
Who made Simon? The other robots seems to been have made by wau, but why would wau want to make him?

Just finished the game. With the wuss mod, of course. I don't like horror games, but I like a good story, and this game has a great one.
I still have some questions that I'll spoilertag: CAUTION
What happened with the Simon still in the pilot seat and Catherine? Why is it all so dark?
Are the monster's powers (teleportation, phasing in and out of existence) real or is due to Simon being a "robot"?
Who made Simon? The other robots seems to been have made by wau, but why would wau want to make him?
1)
Seems like a power failure
2)
Yes, it's them affecting his circuitry and whatnot
3)
The WAU made him. He was just another iteration in its "preserve humanity" experiments, and perhaps the best one: thought he was still human, wasn't insane, still has his identity, could endure the hazards of the dead sea, etc.

kami_sama

I just thought Soma and
The talos principle
have some similarities. Spoilers to both Soma and the other game.
WAU and Elohim in the end want to "humanity" to continue, making more and more experiments or iterations. And the DLC Road to Gehenna is very close to the ARK. There's no death, no hunger, no birth, only creativity prevails. In the end the humans in the ark will pass all the time making art, the same as the AIs.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
All this talk of the wuss mod is very...emboldening, haha.

Saraluna, just to echo what the others have said; I'm going through it now on PS4 and really enjoying it despite not being into horror games in general.

Just be warned that the "emergent jump scares" are definitely there, and boy are they the worst.

Edit:
Latest ep of the playthrough is up.
Keeping it short and sweet with 15-ish minute segments.
Theta "escape"
was pure genius. Bravo Irrational.

inm8num2

SOMA - One Year Later

It is also interesting to compare SOMA to Amnesia. As can be read here Amnesia: TDD sold about 390 000 units a year after release, but worth noting that that was for PC only. SOMA's 450 000 units come from PC and PS4 combined. However, many of the Amnesia units were sold during 75% off sales, a discount rate we have not really had with SOMA yet. On top of this, SOMA also costs 30 dollars compared to Amnesia TDD's 20 dollars. So even just counting the PC sales the total income is higher for SOMA the first year compared to those of Amnesia. And when you add the PS4 sales on top of that, it is clear that, in actual earnings, SOMA has far outsold what Amnesia: TDD did during the same period.

Finally, I want to briefly go over where Frictional is currently at. As I said last time, our goal now is to be a two-project studio and so far it is going really well. One project, which most of the team is working on, is going to start production at end of the year and the other project is mid-way through the R&D stage. Unfortunately I cannot divulge any specific information on these two, and it will be a little while before there will be a proper announcement. However, we do have some smaller, cool stuff in store, one of each we will announced later this year. If all goes well, we should also have another thing for early next year.

Belakor

Banned
SOMA is their trademark game now and I really hope they keep making such unique games with interesting concepts.I was worried it might not be a financial success,but I'm glad they suceeded their goals.Looking forward to their new projects

It's really good to hear them talk about how they were worried regarding "not enough horror gameplay", yet most people wanted none for this particular game.

xinek

Wow, glad I searched for this thread to see if I'm crazy or not. I'm at Theta, and I'm just about done. I'm trying to access an elevator and was dismayed to see that it's yet another tiresome monster part. It's not scary at all, just aggravating and boring. I'm skipping all the lore pickups because I've just lost interest. Is this a particular low point of the game, or does it get better? I haven't been enjoying the last couple of hours really at all, but I feel like I've sunk too much time into it to quit. Ugh. Really surprised considering the great reviews.

Wow, glad I searched for this thread to see if I'm crazy or not. I'm at Theta, and I'm just about done. I'm trying to access an elevator and was dismayed to see that it's yet another tiresome monster part. It's not scary at all, just aggravating and boring. I'm skipping all the lore pickups because I've just lost interest. Is this a particular low point of the game, or does it get better? I haven't been enjoying the last couple of hours really at all, but I feel like I've sunk too much time into it to quit. Ugh. Really surprised considering the great reviews.
Curious, how are you approaching monsters? You can't play this like an Amnesia

xinek

Curious, how are you approaching monsters? You can't play this like an Amnesia

I've never played Amnesia, actually. I don't really have an approach to the monsters other than avoidance. But they're just about impossible to avoid, since the game seems to constantly send them to your position!

Steel

Banned
I've never played Amnesia, actually. I don't really have an approach to the monsters other than avoidance. But they're just about impossible to avoid, since the game seems to constantly send them to your position!

The lore pick-ups tell you how to deal with monsters. Some of them can only hear and can't see. Some of them can only see and can't hear.

One you have to keep looking at so it can't chase you, another rushes you when you watch it, others are attracted by sound so you can sneak by. Just hiding and avoiding will just get you killed.

I imagine that may be why some find the monsters frustrating

KLoWn

I'm skipping all the lore pickups because I've just lost interest.
Don't tell me you're one of those people who don't listen to the game when it tells you how to avoid stuff and then complain about the game being unfair when you die, because if you are, I'm going to have to punch you.

So I finally got around to playing SOMA the past month. Finished it. Had no idea what to expect since I avoided all spoilers. Really interesting story and plot.. A nice marriage between a cool scifi story and horror, so it's not mainly a horror experience, but it takes what I like about horror games and integrates them well. I was thinking about the events of the game for a week after finishing it. Really thought provoking stuff.

It's not a terribly long game and you're probably in the last act or so about now.

I'm sure most positive reviews were made by people who like horror games, which were traditionally slow like this in their golden age. I like how it has an interesting scifi plot, mixed with horror, didn't ask too much of the player .. not too challenging, but imo, tense the whole way through. It's been a long time since I've played a game like this, after that era where all "horror" games were primarily action games, and I love the little puzzles throughout.

You may as well finish it, but if you haven't liked what you've played so far, it doesn't become remarkably different. It's true that the area you're in now is probably the longest horrory section in the game, and the pace switches back toward the plot here soon, I think.

Stick with it if you've liked the story so far.

xinek

It's true that the area you're in now is probably the longest horrory section in the game, and the pace switches back toward the plot here soon, I think.

Stick with it if you've liked the story so far.
Good to know -- I have liked the story a lot. If the monster crap is minimal, I really want to know what happens next in the story!

Thanks for the tips everyone (at least those who were actually helpful).

Looooved Amnesia ... but I'm afraid my old laptop won't run this. I should check out the system requirements one of these days.

I take it there's no chance of this ever hitting Xbox One? Then again, Firewatch and The Witness did...

Se_7_eN

I finished this quite a while ago and still think about it once a week.... Frictional's best IMO.

A truly haunting ending.

cabelhigh

Neo Member

Yeah, this was absolutely the part that made me put down the controller and forget about the game for a month or two. Really hate how that part punishes you for trying to find the story stuff by sticking that monster everywhere. Push past it, though; that's definitely the low point, and soon after you get into some straight GOAT stuff.

cabelhigh

Neo Member
I finished this quite a while ago and still think about it once a week.... Frictional's best IMO.

A truly haunting ending.

Yeah, maybe my favorite ending in gaming. Can't think of a game that better sums up its ideas and delivers a final thesis that keeps you thinking about it for days afterward.

DMTripper

Amazing OT! Really enjoyed reading it. I have had this game for a little while and done the first level. I really do need to go back.

xinek

Soo... just finished this. Many thanks to the people here who are so enthusiastic about the game -- you made it possible!

This would be one of the best games I've ever played if it weren't for the monster encounters. Enough said on that in this thread, but they were atrocious. Some performance problems on PS4, including one crash, but nothing you can't deal with.

Story and end discussion:

I thought Simon was really stupid at the end. I knew going in to the final space gun sequence that something was off. But Catherine was right -- it was his (and my) own ignorance, willfully ignoring what we already knew. And would it have mattered anyway? It's not like you wouldn't try to save humanity if you were going to be left behind, right?

Also, it was a cool feeling to really realize why people were committing suicide after being transferred. I had put the last living human and my old robot body to sleep, just because I couldn't deal with knowing they'd be living isolated in that hellhole. So that made the ending all that more profound. Especially since... could Simon's previous self have been a companion if I hadn't killed him??

Does the Simon on the Ark think about the Simon left behind?

Was killing WAU a choice?? I didn't think it was at the time.

Did Catherine or the other Pathos inhabitants really believe in this concept of a "coin toss"? That didn't sit right with me -- why wouldn't all copies have full consciousness? Or am I not getting it?

Seeing the Earth in flames put a nice topper on this treat of a game.

Some of the themes reminded me a lot of The Swapper. So I'd recommend that if you like puzzle games.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished it this week, and am completely floored. Worthy of being called a masterpiece imo. I didn't even mind the enemy encounters (felt they were necessary to really drive the brief moments of relief and elation throughout). Maybe it's just that I'm not savvy with this kind of game, so the monsters were not only scary but caused me to behave unnaturally, which I think may have been what the developers intended. It all felt very effective, anyway.

I'd like to go back and try "toying" with the monsters just to see how they're really supposed to work, because I don't think I figured out anything during my playthrough other than "run" haha.

As for the general unfolding of the story and ending, I'm almost 100% in sync with xinek above me. Beware these spoilers if you haven't yet finished the game.

I also killed Sarah at Tau and Simon at Omicron. I also killed the lady at the tram station and was later told I could have left her alive... Not sure how I'll approach that part if there's a next time.

I think the only person I left "alive" was Robin Bass, because she seemed so content. In retrospect, she would probably eventually figure it out and go absolutely insane, which is dreadful to think about and makes me wish I'd pulled the plug. She's hooked up to one of those health pods that sucks power from the surroundings when you use it, so I figured that was the key. Curious to know if I'm wrong, though. Maybe she's doomed to linger down there. Horrible.

For some reason I got it into my head that robot Simon would hop in the OSG and fly off with the ARK. I thought that's what Catherine meant by "pilot seat". It's amazing how the build up makes you feel so naive and hopeful, when deep down you know how it's going to work.

Funnily enough, I also thought killing WAU was a choice at the time, which is probably a sign of good design.

"Coin toss" is an interesting, kind of bleak way of looking at it. It doesn't mean it's 50/50 whether our consciousness makes it into the ARK or not. We absolutely do make it. As we see in the epilogue, Simon and Catherine are very aware and believe they "made it". The way I see it, there are always 2 sides to a coin, and even if we see heads face up on the table, tails is always there, face down.

That's why the reveal at Omicron is so disturbing. When you wake up in the new suit, you hear old Simon say "Something's wrong..." before Catherine hastily puts him to sleep. He was never even aware new Simon made it through. Truly harrowing stuff.

There's so much more to say, but I'll leave it there for now.
If anyone's interested, the penultimate episode of my playthrough is up in 4 parts.
The finale and epilogue will be going up soon.

I just finished it this week, and am completely floored. Worthy of being called a masterpiece imo. I didn't even mind the enemy encounters (felt they were necessary to really drive the brief moments of relief and elation throughout). Maybe it's just that I'm not savvy with this kind of game, so the monsters were not only scary but caused me to behave unnaturally, which I think may have been what the developers intended. It all felt very effective, anyway.

I'd like to go back and try "toying" with the monsters just to see how they're really supposed to work, because I don't think I figured out anything during my playthrough other than "run" haha.

As for the general unfolding of the story and ending, I'm almost 100% in sync with xinek above me. Beware these spoilers if you haven't yet finished the game.

I also killed Sarah at Tau and Simon at Omicron. I also killed the lady at the tram station and was later told I could have left her alive... Not sure how I'll approach that part if there's a next time.

I think the only person I left "alive" was Robin Bass, because she seemed so content. In retrospect, she would probably eventually figure it out and go absolutely insane, which is dreadful to think about and makes me wish I'd pulled the plug. She's hooked up to one of those health pods that sucks power from the surroundings when you use it, so I figured that was the key. Curious to know if I'm wrong, though. Maybe she's doomed to linger down there. Horrible.

For some reason I got it into my head that robot Simon would hop in the OSG and fly off with the ARK. I thought that's what Catherine meant by "pilot seat". It's amazing how the build up makes you feel so naive and hopeful, when deep down you know how it's going to work.

Funnily enough, I also thought killing WAU was a choice at the time, which is probably a sign of good design.

"Coin toss" is an interesting, kind of bleak way of looking at it. It doesn't mean it's 50/50 whether our consciousness makes it into the ARK or not. We absolutely do make it. As we see in the epilogue, Simon and Catherine are very aware and believe they "made it". The way I see it, there are always 2 sides to a coin, and even if we see heads face up on the table, tails is always there, face down.

That's why the reveal at Omicron is so disturbing. When you wake up in the new suit, you hear old Simon say "Something's wrong..." before Catherine hastily puts him to sleep. He was never even aware new Simon made it through. Truly harrowing stuff.

There's so much more to say, but I'll leave it there for now.
If anyone's interested, the penultimate episode of my playthrough is up in 4 parts.
The finale and epilogue will be going up soon.
And I think the one of the most messed up and perhaps subtle things is
that the Wau was never your enemy. It was trying to save humanity. Just following its directive of keeping us alive. That's what all the enemies were, different iterations of that. From walking corpses to bodies filled with structure gel to the bodies with artificial parts inside to poor Amy conscious but unable die to the minds transferred to machines, first going crazy, then still believing they're human, then the next iteration...you, Simon.

And then its own version of the Ark. Remember when you get grabbed, and then have a short moment in your apartment with your wife? That was meant to imply that was the Wau's ultimate goal: keep the body alive while the mind was its own personalized Arc

I'd argue the Wau was a much better option than Catherine. At least the Wau's work meant that maybe one day some form of humanity might be adapted to survive the depths and destroyed surface. At least its Arc is crafted from your memories, and isn't at the whim of space. Catherine's Arc seems like an eternal hell that could destroyed by a solar flare or too much radiation or something like that

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
And I think the one of the most messed up and perhaps subtle things is
that the Wau was never your enemy. It was trying to save humanity. Just following its directive of keeping us alive. That's what all the enemies were, different iterations of that. From walking corpses to bodies filled with structure gel to the bodies with artificial parts inside to poor Amy conscious but unable die to the minds transferred to machines, first going crazy, then still believing they're human, then the next iteration...you, Simon.

And then its own version of the Ark. Remember when you get grabbed, and then have a short moment in your apartment with your wife? That was meant to imply that was the Wau's ultimate goal: keep the body alive while the mind was its own personalized Arc

I'd argue the Wau was a much better option than Catherine. At least the Wau's work meant that maybe one day some form of humanity might be adapted to survive the depths and destroyed surface. At least its Arc is crafted from your memories, and isn't at the whim of space. Catherine's Arc seems like an eternal hell that could destroyed by a solar flare or too much radiation or something like that

Yes, when I heard Ross' audio log saying it was just following prerogative I was pretty stunned. Puts everything in a very different perspective, like you say.

I...never thought of WAU trying to imitate the ARK. That is a rather sobering thought.
That scene at the apartment is when Akers grabs Simon (scripted?) and he's imprisoned in the gel, right? Had forgotten about that, but I really like your idea. Will look that scene up and see if it sparks anything.

WAU as an alternative to Catherine is now something else that's going to be plaguing my thoughts for days, so thanks, haha. It's easy to appreciate Catherine's ARK in the short term, but then your mind wanders to what will happen when "people" remain constant in a utopian state for potentially thousands of years...

I get what you're saying about WAU's work having potential, but I have a feeling it would all be reduced to other forms of life (e.g. the fish outside) after an insignificant amount of time. Eventually the whole place would collapse and flood (like the CURIE), and even if WAU can sustain marine life, I doubt it can preserve human bodies at the bottom of the ocean. That in itself - the idea of a cybernetic species of animal superseding mankind - is very cool and appealing in a way, but you have to respect what Catherine was trying to do for "us". She just wanted something to live on that wasn't a shambling/vegetative mess.

And besides, who's to say the extent of WAU's ARK wouldn't be simply reliving that apartment scene (or something else "personalised") over and over for eternity? It's always a gamble...

This thread will be a huge block of white before too long!

Yes, when I heard Ross' audio log saying it was just following prerogative I was pretty stunned. Puts everything in a very different perspective, like you say.

I...never thought of WAU trying to imitate the ARK. That is a rather sobering thought.
That scene at the apartment is when Akers grabs Simon (scripted?) and he's imprisoned in the gel, right? Had forgotten about that, but I really like your idea. Will look that scene up and see if it sparks anything.

WAU as an alternative to Catherine is now something else that's going to be plaguing my thoughts for days, so thanks, haha. It's easy to appreciate Catherine's ARK in the short term, but then your mind wanders to what will happen when "people" remain constant in a utopian state for potentially thousands of years...

I get what you're saying about WAU's work having potential, but I have a feeling it would all be reduced to other forms of life (e.g. the fish outside) after an insignificant amount of time. Eventually the whole place would collapse and flood (like the CURIE), and even if WAU can sustain marine life, I doubt it can preserve human bodies at the bottom of the ocean. That in itself - the idea of a cybernetic species of animal superseding mankind - is very cool and appealing in a way, but you have to respect what Catherine was trying to do for "us". She just wanted something to live on that wasn't a shambling/vegetative mess.

And besides, who's to say the extent of WAU's ARK wouldn't be simply reliving that apartment scene (or something else "personalised") over and over for eternity? It's always a gamble...

This thread will be a huge block of white before too long!
But it had made a major milestone. An iteration that saw itself as human and didn't go insane when it realized it was a machine.

Also check out the spoiler thread link in the OT. There's a ton of good discussion there

dtcm83

Just finished this game yesterday, want to chime in on how great of an experience it was. Anyone that enjoys cerebral sci-fi should buy this game! Also, if you have surround sound, this game has excellent sound design.

mojo2

Neo Member
I love the sound design of this, so subtle. The fact that the OST is made by fellow finn Mikko Tarmia by analogue synths of course makes me little biased but it is incredible and so well executed.

One of the rare few games that keeps me hooked, usually I forget to play the games that I started.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
The final parts of my playthrough are up, in case anyone happens to be looking for a very "indie" let's play.

Still blown away by the whole experience. Been reading up on the Wiki to try and piece things together that I missed. Also this video series is excellent for anyone looking for a well-produced analysis/timeline with little speculation.

Now I'm done I could finally check this out! Really interesting stuff. Shame they didn't get to show any video during the talk. Tom Grip seems like he'd be fun to sit down and chat with over a coffee or something :)

After beating this game, it made me feel the same way that the movie Creep (2014) did.

I hated the protagonist so much that I didn't really care about what happened to him and thus, the ending didn't have much impact on me. I'm actually kinda happy Simon gets to experience a terrible death.

If you can look past the voice acting and annoying enemies (there's a mod that removes them), this game is enthralling. Felt like it was the perfect length and didn't drag on like Alien Isolation. Game kept stuttering for me though even after enabling V-Sync and Triple Buffering in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Nev

Banned
Enemies were like the only actual gameplay in the game. The encounters were tense and well designed for the most part too. I don't understand why somebody would want to remove the horror of an horror game, isn't that like the whole point?

I for one was glad they didn't transition the amnesia formula into even more of a walking simulator like the other people did with A Machine for Snooze.

Voice acting was not bad either. I don't remember her name but the girl had some pretty good voice acting, I loved when she got mad at the end and started insulting the dumbass protagonist, it was so convincing.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Guys, PS4 version is on sale right now.

Any quick n dirty impressions ? Solid port ? Technical hiccups etc ?

Haeleos

Guys, PS4 version is on sale right now.

Any quick n dirty impressions ? Solid port ? Technical hiccups etc ?

Solid port. No technical hiccups I encountered. My favorite game of 2015 and one of the most atmospheric and engaging stories I've ever experienced in a game. Have fun!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Thanks guys, seems like a great deal at $11, just purchased. Will be playing this after getting through with RE7.

EDIT: And well, more important, right after typing this up I tried to keep going and the game basically made the decision for me. It went into some sort of bug where the entire screen turns light blue with a dot in the middle. Pause menu can be called up as usually, all background and action sounds remain, the Omnitool icon still comes up as you can see, just the entire screen is gone light blue.

wBY5t1o.jpg

For more details: This happened/happens in the Delta area. I've tried loading the earlier save, closed and rebooted the game itself, rebooted the PS4, avoid the area it happened in, nope. It just seems to happen at some point in the Delta area after the crash landing.

----

Just got this on sale the other night without really knowing anything about it and...I find it appealing but a weird experience so far.

It kind of feels like a weird Shock offshoot where they decided to experiment with ripping out the gameplay. I get what they're going for but I'm too trained or something, I just keep waiting for gameplay to start. I had assumed that the lack of combat would mean more emphasis on puzzles, traversal or something like that but so far I'm not a big fan of anything but the unfolding story, and therefore the sense of loneliness, and the look of it all. I don't think it would've worked WITH combat, but I expected something more intricate to replace it I suppose.

My biggest gripe beyond that is actually the voice acting and 'script' for Simon. I find the delivery and his general baffling idiocy to be completely at odds with the tone of the game. The lines sound like they were written for a kid more so than a grown man.

I'm currently at the
escape vessel 'tower' area and stuck at the chase sequence.
I tried twice and just got sick of it, turned the game off for now.
I can take or leave the game in general right now, but I'll reserve my judgment until I've beaten it.

I don't necessarily think what I don't like here is the game's fault for the lack of a better word, but probably has more to do with my expectations.

PFD

EDIT: And well, more important, right after typing this up I tried to keep going and the game basically made the decision for me. It went into some sort of bug where the entire screen turns light blue with a dot in the middle. Pause menu can be called up as usually, all background and action sounds remain, the Omnitool icon still comes up as you can see, just the entire screen is gone light blue.

wBY5t1o.jpg

For more details: This happened/happens in the Delta area. I've tried loading the earlier save, closed and rebooted the game itself, rebooted the PS4, avoid the area it happened in, nope. It just seems to happen at some point in the Delta area after the crash landing.

----

Just got this on sale the other night without really knowing anything about it and...I find it appealing but a weird experience so far.

It kind of feels like a weird Shock offshoot where they decided to experiment with ripping out the gameplay. I get what they're going for but I'm too trained or something, I just keep waiting for gameplay to start. I had assumed that the lack of combat would mean more emphasis on puzzles, traversal or something like that but so far I'm not a big fan of anything but the unfolding story, and therefore the sense of loneliness, and the look of it all. I don't think it would've worked WITH combat, but I expected something more intricate to replace it I suppose.

My biggest gripe beyond that is actually the voice acting and 'script' for Simon. I find the delivery and his general baffling idiocy to be completely at odds with the tone of the game. The lines sound like they were written for a kid more so than a grown man.

I'm currently at the
escape vessel 'tower' area and stuck at the chase sequence.
I tried twice and just got sick of it, turned the game off for now.
I can take or leave the game in general right now, but I'll reserve my judgment until I've beaten it.

I don't necessarily think what I don't like here is the game's fault for the lack of a better word, but probably has more to do with my expectations.

Stick with it. The second half is far better than the first

After fucking around trying to get past this bug yesterday, I finally managed to by skipping all the 'optional' things to discover in the Delta area and heading straight for solving the Zeppelin puzzle.

Interestingly enough, I think it really started picking up in Theta.
The body scan revealing that you're cobbled together from what appears to be a half-decomposed corpse of Chun's former coworker and random machinery was more unsettling than anything else in the game thus far to me. Something about that X-Ray image was really creepy to me.
It kind of even put his goofy happy-go-lucky demeanor and voice into perspective.

The enemy encounters definitely remain a low point as I think there should be SOME way to interact with the situation, maybe distractions or whatever it may be, other than just sit in a corner and wait for the AI to decide to stop walking back and forth into that room three times in a row.

Interestingly enough, I think it really started picking up in Theta.
The body scan revealing that you're cobbled together from what appears to be a half-decomposed corpse of Chun's former coworker and random machinery was more unsettling than anything else in the game thus far to me. Something about that X-Ray image was really creepy to me.
It kind of even put his goofy happy-go-lucky demeanor and voice into perspective.
Definitely.
I remember thinking how this guy needs to be acting more scared, but then you combine that nonchalant tone with the fact you're an AI controlling a corpse in a suit, and that tone becomes quite unsettling

Top Bottom