• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some info about Final Fantasy XV / Forum Q&A

wmlk

Then they better improve the jumping if they intend us to platform our way up to those spots.

Even then, I can see them making it so those particular areas where the scenery is good to be reachable with the current jump. Obviously, there are really fantastical areas that you can't do that for, but I'm sure there are options that will allow some verticality like maybe Black Chocobos.

Designers can probably think of a lot of ways to allow shots with good scenery.

chozen

I don't understand how when you are in combat it's easier for them to allow us to warp rather than when we are out of combat how does that make sense?

Koozek

There's a new small tidbit about the leveling system from the summary of the exclusive Examiner interviews:

http://www.examiner.com/article/fin...-game-director-talks-plot-characters-and-more

“In the final game, we’re going to have a very standard, orthodox kind of leveling up system to start with,” Tabata kicked off, “Obviously, in traditional Final Fantasy RPGs, you have very specific ways that characters level up and gain power, but because Final Fantasy XV is an action/RPG, it’s quite different in some ways to the traditional RPG gameplay formula.”

As seen in the brief gameplay glimpses thus far, combat in XV takes a the traditional aspects of the Final Fantasy formula and adds in new twists. Tabata told Examiner that there will be “two main threads” in regards to leveling, the aforementioned traditional stat improvement route, as well as actions that can be executed throughout the game in order to level further. Tabata stated the focus of the action-based leveling is “the enhancement of the combination attacks you can do.”​

Shredderi

I need this game to be real good. I mean I really really need it to be good. I don't mean like "I need UC4 to be good". I have this... Desperation about the series at the moment where I'm extremely cynical and I really need that end of the tunnel light right about this time around.

I don't understand how when you are in combat it's easier for them to allow us to warp rather than when we are out of combat how does that make sense?

Maybe the battle area is pre-determined for the warp once you enter Alert/battle mode.. I mean idk it's just an idea. With the game being so open and expansive I bet it would be so easy to find bugs by warping at will outside the battle area.

benzy

I honestly don't get why warp-as-travelling would be such a problem while it's still a feature in battles. Could someone explain this to me?

I just want to be able to use the same warps they let you use during battles outside of them. I don't necessarily want to be able to pick the warp points myself. :/

The free warp in battle is very short distanced, it's basically only a slightly longer dodge roll.

giphy.gif

What they initially planned was probably something like this but applied freely everywhere for traversal.

giphy.gif

Joqu

The free warp in battle is very short distanced, it's basically only a slightly longer dodge roll.

giphy.gif

What they initially planned was probably something like this but applied freely everywhere for traversal.

giphy.gif

Yeah, I get that the initial concept of the warp isn't gonna happen. I'm just saying I'd still like to be able to use that shorter warp outside of combat since that's already implemented. Same with the one that lets you warp to high areas during combat.

I just feel like that should be a thing?

Yeah, I get that the initial concept of the warp isn't gonna happen. I'm just saying I'd still like to be able to use that shorter warp outside of combat since that's already implemented. Same with the one that lets you warp to high areas during combat.

Unless if it was to reach treasure chests sure, otherwise wouldn't it be practically useless? Maybe I'm wrong.

benzy

Well, even the free short warp isn't available in battle unless you activate Armiger which has a pretty short time limit. Guess we'll just have to see what their approach is in the final game. Tabata did say he wants to find ways to include more warping as mentioned in that interview.

“Even if we had to limit warping to just battles in the final release, I would like to find a way to open it up a bit in some fun way. That, at least, I think would be possible. Warping does feel good, and I want players to experience that as much as possible, so if you could allow us to be more flexible with how we could possibly allow warping, then we would like to come up with something.”

I think not throwing in a half-assed attempt at free warp for traveling is important though. You'd basically just warp to one location and wait until you fall down or warp back, since you can't warp anywhere else. There wouldn't really be a point to it.

Joqu

Unless if it was to reach treasure chests sure but otherwise wouldn't it be practically useless? Maybe I'm wrong.

I guess so! It'd probably be slightly faster and fun to mess around with at the very least. It's the kind of option I'd really appreciate in an open world game, but especially since they already went through the trouble the implement the feature during combat.

Of course it'd be even better if they had actually designed the game around it like you're describing but obviously that's not happening at this point. That's fine.

Well, even the free short warp isn't available in battle unless you activate Armiger which has a pretty short time limit. Guess we'll just have to see what their approach is in the final game. Tabata did say he wants to find ways to include more warping as mentioned in that interview.

Yeah, that does sound better. We'll see.

Honestly the reason I want to be able to warp up high areas like you can during combat is to get a nice view of things. I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities for that either way but I want to be able to admire the world like that whenever I want y'know?

Koozek

Supposedly late January. I'd heard some people saying they expected it to coincide with PAX South which starts January 29th. Seems like as good a guess as any.

It wasn't supposed to be a live ATR, but pre-recorded and subtitled, iirc. Can't remember where I heard that, though.

DeSolos

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I still think the problematicness of this can be resolved by limiting the range at which you're able to warp, and the fact that warp points are designer placed.

They should only place them where they can handle it, and if you want to climb up really high, just place several warp points to climb up a structure in several short warps instead of one long warp.

The fact that they're designer placed means that they can choose to place warp points only where they work. They don't need to make it work in all arbitrary situations. So streaming wouldn't be an issue, because they wouldn't put a warp point where it would cause an issue.

The only problem I can think of beyond that is that warping ignores designer placed barriers.

Solution: Don't have stupid invisible walls in your open world :p!

New details sound good but I wonder if this is actually currently implemented or just another plan where they only have concept art to show.

artsi

New details sound good but I wonder if this is actually currently implemented or just another plan where they only have concept art to show.

Altissia? They've said that the game is already playable from start to finish, so that (and other locations) should be there. We just haven't seen them yet.

Battle stuff, leveling etc. will probably be adjusted until closer to release for perfect balance.

Soriku

giphy.gif

My problem with this and the demo warp is that what else are you doing besides hanging? You can do a simple warp attack when coming down but I hope there's more to it than that. The aerial battles sound good if executed right.

RexNovis

Banned
The equivalent to difficulty level settings in FFXV is a system where you can switch between different battle modes. By having this ability to switch modes, we want to make it so that both players who like action oriented, technical gameplay and also those who want to fight at a slower, more relaxed pace can all enjoy the combat in their own style. This switching system is a key part of the gameplay that we decided to introduce based on the feedback we received from the Episode Duscae demo. We will go into more detail about the system closer to the game’s launch so stay tuned for more information.

Respondent: Lead Game Designer Takizawa Masashi

Yo does this mean they might actually have turn based combat as an option?!?!?! That would be soooooooo good. Nah that can't be right though. Not gonna get my hopes up.

Q: HOW WILL THE DIFFICULTY MODES COMPARE IN TERMS OF XP GAIN, ENEMY STATS, DAMAGE AND A.I?

A: The equivalent to difficulty level settings in FFXV is a system where you can switch between different battle modes. By having this ability to switch modes, we want to make it so that both players who like action oriented, technical gameplay and also those who want to fight at a slower, more relaxed pace can all enjoy the combat in their own style. This switching system is a key part of the gameplay that we decided to introduce based on the feedback we received from the Episode Duscae demo. We will go into more detail about the system closer to the game’s launch so stay tuned for more information.

As someone who wasn't in love with the combat in Episode Duscae, this is intriguing. I wonder if this could be a trend and they'd consider something like this for the FFVII Remake as well? I have a few friends who aren't big "gamers" anymore but they played the original back in the day and were super excited until they were turned off seeing it changed to such a fast paced action system. If anything, I think there would be a bigger audience for this feature with VII than with XV/Versus which was always meant to be an Action RPG.

Exentryk

Different battle modes and "exciting aerial battles with flying foes and gigantic boss enemies" sound really interesting. Let's see how they are executed.

Hopefully these features will be included in the upcoming demo so we can try it out.

Ceravic

2017, lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deep inside you know the truth.... no way this game is going to be ready this year is TOO massive. 2017, summer I predict!

Yeah, they've only constantly reconfirmed a 2016 release date as recently as January 1st and have an event planned in March to announce the date. No way it comes this year!

benzy

What exactly does everyone go bananas over at approx. 53:20? I mean obviously it's the food that vendor is making, but what is it?

The event was in Malaysia and Malaysian fans were excited to see their food culture included in Final Fantasy. The animation for the vendor NPC was for Teh Tarik tea mixing.

tSEb.gif

ackl

What exactly does everyone go bananas over at approx. 53:20? I mean obviously it's the food that vendor is making, but what is it?

Teh tarik - Malaysian milk tea.

That presentation took place in Malaysia. People were hyped because it's being recognized.

True Fire

we have also created exciting aerial battles with flying foes and gigantic boss enemies, so watch out for those.

This is the big news. They really haven't shown us anything yet if you take this into consideration. Entire boss battles will take place in the sky above an open world.

labx

Banned
Simple I get to choose your next avatar and if I lose you can make me rock whatever.

And I have to "wear" the avatar all the rest of the year?

GO!

I know you and I had some arguments in the past, but you seem a cool dude, maybe this is your revenge, maybe not. I always asume that you dislike me...

And I have to "wear" the avatar all the rest of the year?

GO!

I know you and I had some arguments in the past, but you seem a cool dude, maybe this is your revenge, maybe not. I always asume that you dislike me...

Nah I don't! It's just fun banter haha just a month nothing so bad =]

Everything sounds mean I guess that's the nature of the Internet, so I apologize if it comes across like that.

BumRush

This is the big news. They really haven't shown us anything yet if you take this into consideration. Entire boss battles will take place in the sky above an open world.

I assumed they meant that the bosses would be so big you'd have to teleport upwards to fight them, but maybe you're right

labx

Banned
Nah I don't! It's just fun banter haha just a month nothing so bad =]

Everything sounds mean I guess that's the nature of the Internet, so I apologize if it comes across like that.

Yeah, internet has no feelings, lets do the bet. And I wish that FFXV comes out 2016, but too many times the industry broke my heart, so no aspirations.

Ray Down

Banned
I Kid, I hope he's in the base game at least some optional boss fight for ultimate weapons.

Would be nice to see Shinryu in HD.

Hell they could have Gilgamesh post-game/post release dlc where he fails into the world through the Void and you put him back in once defeated.

Top Bottom