• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Shaneus

Also, does Danica Patrick bug anyone else as much as she does me? I didn't really care when she was announced, but I can't help but think "WHY IS SHE HERE" whenever she over-takes me in a race. For a game as retro and nostalgic as this wants to be, seeing Danica Patrick in her stupid hot wheels car (or as I like to call it, the sell-out-mobile) really bugs me. Bah humbug and all that. Also, still getting All-Star moves in second place. That comment about not needing a blue shell style item is great, since I think this is far worse. I don't remember being this frustrated with the first game. :(
They should've put her in the Virtua Racing car.

Which reminds me, if Sumo aren't working on a track based on V.R. Acropolis, I'll be disappointed. That game never gets enough love :(

Boogiepop

Wait, there's an S-rank? Oh god. A ranks have been giving me enough trouble (just got enough stars to unlock Joe Mushashi).

Oh, and am I doing something wrong in the Ocean View Traffic Attack thing? I can do it okay until it drops you in the water about halfway through, at which point the cars decide to just keep on flying through the sky so you can't see where the checkpoints are.

Also, just did the Nights stage, and it was pretty crazy. Though for some reason coming out of the water section seemed to cause me to do a nosedive into the ground every time, which is weird.

Berordn

Oh, and am I doing something wrong in the Ocean View Traffic Attack thing? I can do it okay until it drops you in the water about halfway through, at which point the cars decide to just keep on flying through the sky so you can't see where the checkpoints are.

You're going into the water on traffic attack? It's supposed to keep you locked to Lap 1/2 for that.

Sadly, on Expert, you won't get any item boxes anymore for Traffic Attack. So good luck with that.

On all difficulties, Shibuya has no items, Dragon Valley/Ocean View do, and the Samba De Amigo level has missiles.

Also, Dragon Valley/Ocean View have pre-determined items in boxes; they're not random. So you'll always know what you'll get. Obviously, Super Glove is the best item by far, as it makes you invincible for about 10 seconds.

Strange that the one with no items is first, as it's the hardest one.

Tizoc

And do the other consoles' framerates take a 'Bayonetta PS3'-esque dive during the water section of the one Sonic course? On Wii U here. Wondering how annoyed I should be.

Dude this is 2012, WTF.
I own PS3 version and NEVER had framerate issues, the game's framerate is solid and fine.

This game is brutal at times. I can't even get first on medium.

Learn the stages and Drift opportunities and you can beat Medium. Really if you're having an offline session: Easy and Medium are the difficulties to play in for a fun time.

Split screen for PS3, right? And it's $40?

It's splitscreen, like the first game. Plus you can play World Tour mode, where you unlock characters and mods in, with up to 4 players.

TheOGB

Banned
Traffic Attack would be more tolerable if the final checkpoint weren't always an extra second away, leaving you with just enough time to fail a mere inch in front of it

Expert challenges damn near require perfection (and often do outright). I'm okay with that concept, but after days of going at some of these challenges to no avail or, worse in my eyes, having to settle for a lower difficulty/less stars, I've grown a bit weary of World Tour. I'm at 185 stars, but it's becoming quite the grind to get to 200.

Another unrelated complaint, some parts of tracks seem too narrow. Burning Depths and Chilly Castle come to mind.

SpokkX

And do the other consoles' framerates take a 'Bayonetta PS3'-esque dive during the water section of the one Sonic course? On Wii U here. Wondering how annoyed I should be.

Is this any issue on 360 also?
Considering the wii u version, but if it really has framerate issues I would probably get it on 360 instead

Seik

Banned
I heard the framerate is pretty much the same on the three consoles (PS360U) with frequent drops, depends on the stage.

Shaneus

The Dreamcast logo on the Ages car is blue

I will not stand for this injustice
Yes, the true* colour of the Dreamcast! Woo!
First thing I did when I got my DC (well after launch, mind you) was crack it open and replaced the orange LED with a blue one. Australians got the blue swirl but had an orange LED :/

*best looking

Nyx

Played for 3 hours or something and really enjoying it so far.

The racing itself feels really good, the courses so far in World Tour are enjoyable, and I love the music.

Ban Puncher

Yes, the true* colour of the Dreamcast! Woo!
First thing I did when I got my DC (well after launch, mind you) was crack it open and replaced the orange LED with a blue one. Australians got the blue swirl but had an orange LED :/

*best looking

What the hell is the big deal about blue LED's anyway?

I bought the new Halo 4 controller because it has a blue LED....

Played for 3 hours or something and really enjoying it so far.

The racing itself feels really good, the courses so far in World Tour are enjoyable, and I love the music.

all the remixes are amazing in this game, one of the best things is how each stage uses 2 or so different tracks but blends them together to keep things interesting, and dat drum! boom tish boom tish

it has a blue LED? brb buying one.

Shaneus

The point I was getting at was so the LED would match the swirl colour, both on startup and on the case itself. It looks great!
fjyWG.jpg

(that's not actually mine, but it's the same... blue PAL swirl, blue LED)

We have to put up with the announcer saying Genesis for the MD mod, you can deal with a blue swirl.
MD mod? Is that an in-game reference I'm not getting? :(

bon

So I seem to have hit a pretty big glitch in the Ranger Rush stage in World Tour mode.

When the race starts I'm in a boat, but I'm supposed to be in a car. When I try to accelerate I just stay in place, then after a few seconds the game's logo flashes by like I fell off the track. It places me further on the track and then I can move, but I'm still in a boat so the controls are wrong. There's a door that is probably supposed to open, but it doesn't so all I can do is crash into it. Then after a little while the logo flashes again and it puts me in the air above the stage and I just slide around up there until I get stuck on something. I don't think I can even skip the stage because I can't fail unless I pass the finish line.

Is this a known bug?

edit: playing the Wii U version.

Ban Puncher

The point I was getting at was so the LED would match the swirl colour, both on startup and on the case itself. It looks great!
fjyWG.jpg

(that's not actually mine, but it's the same... blue PAL swirl, blue LED)

You need not explain your actions to fellow PAL blue swirl brethren.

I spit on the name 'Genesis'.

Tizoc

I played the PS3 demo and the framerate of this game is garbage. Rarely reaches 30fps.

That's the demo, not the full game/final build...which kinda makes me wonder if SEGA does a really bad job with demos for whatever reason...

Shinta

Banned
Another unrelated complaint, some parts of tracks seem too narrow. Burning Depths and Chilly Castle come to mind.
If it seems too narrow, you might try a character with better handling. I wasn't doing well in Chilly Castle unless I played Tails.

deleted

So, the Patch has been with Nintendo 3 days now, right?

Doesn't seem like a very fluent patching service right now.. Or maybe their priorities lie elsewhere atm.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Doesn't seem like a very fluent patching service right now.. Or maybe their priorities lie elsewhere atm.

Or the fact that it has been Thanksgiving and nobody is probably working at NoA.

jaypah

wait. so after reading this page i went and googled the WiiU challenge bug. so there's no checkpoints on boost mode?! is that why it seems impossible?

"man, fuck this! it's impossible! i'm doing my best and i can't even SEE the first checkpoint! what kind of fucking robot do you have to be to do this shit?!" <------ me. every day since launch. damn i wish i would have read this thread earlier, it turned me off from playing world tour except for once a day to attempt that stupid challenge.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
wait. so after reading this page i went and googled the WiiU challenge bug. so there's no checkpoints on boost mode?! is that why it seems impossible?

"man, fuck this! it's impossible! i'm doing my best and i can't even SEE the first checkpoint! what kind of fucking robot do you have to be to do this shit?!" <------ me. every day since launch. damn i wish i would have read this thread earlier, it turned me off from playing world tour except for once a day to attempt that stupid challenge.

LOL--yep, that's the bug.

jaypah

LOL--yep, that's the bug.

Plinko, you don't understand. i felt like i was taking CRAZY PILLS! i don't mind a challenge but my gaming self worth was knocked down so low because of that bug. "i can't even complete the first boost challenge. ON EASY! what the hell happened to me? am i just old and unresponsive?" kind of shitty but a relief that it's not me!

Plinko

Plinko, you don't understand. i felt like i was taking CRAZY PILLS! i don't mind a challenge but my gaming self worth was knocked down so low because of that bug. "i can't even complete the first boost challenge. ON EASY! what the hell happened to me? am i just old and unresponsive?" kind of shitty but a relief that it's not me!

That really sucks--thankfully I was following the thread and people brought it up instantly. I can't imagine how frustrating that would have been.

Until that point, just fail it 4 times on C class and it will give you a "skip" option to move ahead. I just did that last night.

Tizoc

How do you get the boost at the start of the race?

Press Accelerate when the screen turns black before the announcer says the number. In the case of races where you start as a plane, just press Accel. before he says the number as well.

S0L

SUMO DIGITAL

I suspect it's more likely they had Thanksgiving off! Hopefully it will go live tomorrow but I'll have a chat with SEGA to see if they've got an update.

---
S0L
---

Top Bottom