• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

If it seems too narrow, you might try a character with better handling. I wasn't doing well in Chilly Castle unless I played Tails.

It's also important to tap the acceleration button when drifting if a corner is too tight. A lot of people try to take all corners at full speed, which is fine in most tracks, but not Chilly Castle and Burning Depths.

Berordn

It's also important to tap the acceleration button when drifting if a corner is too tight. A lot of people try to take all corners at full speed, which is fine in most tracks, but not Chilly Castle and Burning Depths.

Amusingly enough, the CPU makes this mistake on every difficulty if you're watching them. It's an easy way to pass them in S rank races.

deleted

I suspect it's more likely they had Thanksgiving off! Hopefully it will go live tomorrow but I'll have a chat with SEGA to see if they've got an update.

---
S0L
---

Sure, that'd be it. I keep forgetting that Thanksgiving means holiday.

denshuu

Not really, Genesis (Mega Drive) was more popular in Europe than the US, the US sold more Super NES's.

Negative. It sold twice as much in North America.

Of the ~29 million Genesises sold worldwide, around 15 million of them were in North America. In Europe, it sold just over 8 million.

So I tried a 3 player Chao mode on the Neon stage on WiiU and we just constantly spawned in the middle of nowhere and died over and over again, couldnt play. I assumed this would be fixed in the patch?

Alright, this is a really dumb question, but I pre-ordered the game and got the DLC, but I can't find the OutRun track anywhere. I've got Metal Sonic fine but the OutRun track is nowhere to be seen. Can anyone help?

Alright, this is a really dumb question, but I pre-ordered the game and got the DLC, but I can't find the OutRun track anywhere. I've got Metal Sonic fine but the OutRun track is nowhere to be seen. Can anyone help?

I know for time attack it's under the downloaded tracks box at the bottom of the selection screen, might be the same for single race too. It's not used anywhere else right now.

Dr Prob

Banned

If you go to Time Trials (or probably single race) there will be a tab at the bottom for downloadable tracks.

ETA: D'oh

Is there any DLC planned for this? Please say yes.

Well, it would appear that
Alex Kidd is planned as a free Christmas unlockable character, and some guys from Football Manager and Shogun are in the works as well
, also, there's the poll for possible DLC additions put out by Sumo.

That's all characters, though, and no courses.

Here's a really terrifying bug that scared the hell out of me:

I turned the volume in the options menu down to 5% because I wanted to play the game while watching video on my PC. I was Ages and trying to get the S-Rank medal on the Billy Hatcher track

Any time you're in the cave, the reverb plays at full volume, but nothing else does, so it's this horrifying echo chamber of roaring car engines.

If there are DLC courses (or a sequel), what other Sega franchises are left and what would you want?

I'd like to see a Gunstar Heroes leve and Valkyria Chronicles. A course based on the Shining series would be cool as well. Alex kidd? ToeJam and Earl? Phantasy Star? Lot's of cool places Sumo can play around with!

Bayonetta is out of the question since it's Nintendo and Platinum.

WillyFive

Here's a really terrifying bug that scared the hell out of me:

I turned the volume in the options menu down to 5% because I wanted to play the game while watching video on my PC. I was Ages and trying to get the S-Rank medal on the Billy Hatcher track

Any time you're in the cave, the reverb plays at full volume, but nothing else does, so it's this horrifying echo chamber of roaring car engines.

Record it!

If there are DLC courses (or a sequel), what other Sega franchises are left and what would you want?

I'd like to see a Gunstar Heroes level and Valkyria Chronicles. A course based on the Shining series would be cool as well. Alex kidd? ToeJam and Earl? Phantasy Star? Lot's of cool places Sumo can play around with!

Yes. Oh yes. All day yes.

Shaneus

I'd like to see a Gunstar Heroes leve and Valkyria Chronicles. A course based on the Shining series would be cool as well. Alex kidd? ToeJam and Earl? Phantasy Star? Lot's of cool places Sumo can play around with!

Gunstar would be out of the question as well, wouldn't it? Given that it's Treasure IP and not Sega.

TheOGB

Banned
Amusingly enough, the CPU makes this mistake on every difficulty if you're watching them. It's an easy way to pass them in S rank races.
I'm starting to utilise this more, but I keep messing up and letting go of the wrong trigger :p

Tizoc

Hmm! Mind elaborating on this please? I always hold Accel+Drift when Drifting. So I should also, let go of Accel then Tap it for better maneuvering?

A Kid Chameleon course would be interesting....

kvothe

Well, it would appear that
Alex Kidd is planned as a free Christmas unlockable character, and some guys from Football Manager and Shogun are in the works as well
, also, there's the poll for possible DLC additions put out by Sumo.

That's all characters, though, and no courses.

Is that first one the one that has already been mentioned in this thread? Or another character which you would actually need to download to get?

And yeah, what's up with that poll? It's just a petition to show interest, right? Not something officially sanctioned by Sumo just yet? I, like most people, don't put much faith in internet petitions.

Is that first one the one that has already been mentioned in this thread? Or another character which you would actually need to download to get?

It probably has been mentioned. But currently other than Metal Sonic, no DLC characters are finished and available.

And yeah, what's up with that poll? It's just a petition to show interest, right? Not something officially sanctioned by Sumo just yet? I, like most people, don't put much faith in internet petitions.

It IS a poll by Sumo themselves.

Berordn

Hmm! Mind elaborating on this please? I always hold Accel+Drift when Drifting. So I should also, let go of Accel then Tap it for better maneuvering?

Once you're in a drift, you can lighten or take off the gas entirely to pull a sharper turn, and it's almost mandatory to do the 90 degree turns in Burning Depths or Chilly Castle. You lose some speed, but you also don't hit a wall.

Tizoc

Gimme a Kamuro-cho track, Sumo. I want my Yakuza fix in this game. Make it a stage where you can drift like mad and feel good about doing a corner and launching headfast with a turbo boost.

Backflip

Gimme a Kamuro-cho track, Sumo. I want my Yakuza fix in this game. Make it a stage where you can drift like mad and feel good about doing a corner and launching headfast with a turbo boost.

I'm sure if we could find a way to reach Japanese SEGA fans, they'd probably vote en masse for Kiryu. I signed the petitions for Ryo, Segata, and Kiryu and I'm sad to see that the latter hasn't gotten much support.

That's what I get for messing with stuff I'm not supposed to have yet, I guess.

Alex Kidd starts off with all of his mods unlocked but when I first started using him, it said he was level 1 and gained EXP like any other racer. When he hit level 2, he unlocked a mod he already has. Now that I've finished a cup with him, it's listing him at max level.

Tizoc

Thanks for the drifting tip will practice when I have a day off (busy with backlog atm).
I'm sure if we could find a way to reach Japanese SEGA fans, they'd probably vote en masse for Kiryu. I signed the petitions for Ryo, Segata, and Kiryu and I'm sad to see that the latter hasn't gotten much support.

Mad props for voting for the trio of manliness \m/
I voted for all 3 as well (well actually I voted for everyone, since it didn't limit how many we can vote for, but if I were only allowed to vote for 3, I'd have voted for them).

Backflip

Thanks for the drifting tip will practice when I have a day off (busy with backlog atm).

Mad props for voting for the trio of manliness \m/
I voted for all 3 as well (well actually I voted for everyone, since it didn't limit how many we can vote for, but if I were only allowed to vote for 3, I'd have voted for them).

Someone should actually create a banner or something for the trio of manliness. I think it could be quite funny.

Picked up a copy yesterday as my GF was hankering for a new racing game. Only played a few races in World Tour mode, but thoroughly enjoyed what little I did.

Is it still worth picking up the first one? (OCD is a bitch).

Tizoc

Picked up a copy yesterday as my GF was hankering for a new racing game. Only played a few races in World Tour mode, but thoroughly enjoyed what little I did.

Is it still worth picking up the first one? (OCD is a bitch).

First game is fun but Transformed is much much better, especially in terms of multiplayer. The first game is only better than Transformed in one aspect: The cast/roster.
Seeing as the 1st game can be found for cheap...personally I say yes, it's an easy, fun but flawed kart racer, but it's big cast will make you want to replay the various stages with a different character each time.

Z_Y

Thinking about picking this up. How did the pre-order bonuses go? Are they pack ins in the first shipment? Is there any way to obtain them for us late adopters? Being for sale at some point in the future would be ok with me.

Awesome. I've been playing career mostly with multiplayer on B class (they aren't as good at kart racers as I am), will not completing most of these runs on A class really going to prohibit me from unlocking things later?

If you do only B-class, you'll get most things, you'll just lack I think 2 console mods and a couple of characters. I believe Gilius is the one that requires the third-most stars, so if you do get the amount required, you'll only lack
Reala and AGES

Top Bottom