• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

JoeFu

Banned
Just did the first traffic thing on the Shibuya level... wtlkajsdf;lkajsgl;kahwf;kljasgkasjfl;kasjgflaksjg

I cannot for the life of me get the freaking 15th one. Twice I got an inch away from getting it, but a;lskdgha;woligtjas;lkgjaslkgjas;dlkf jasd;lfk jstupid cop cars

I felt like throwing my gamepad.. I just gave up wtf so stupidf a;sldgkhjas;lkghjnwa;lghkewnAhAE$%u

qq more

Got the game for the Wii U today. Really fun game but I'm not really used to the flying controls. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Well i guess that ends my World Tour run for now on the Wii U. On superstar showdown's Ranger Rush Sprint theres a really wierd bug where right when the game starts you can't move, and they act like you fell off the map and respawn you in the air somewhere, where you can only move forward until you hit a wall and are stuck forever.

Can't skip like the Boost challenges too, because you need to actually finish the race a few times to get the option.

It happens with any character. I hope they fixed it with the upcoming patch.

Tizoc

Just did the first traffic thing on the Shibuya level... wtlkajsdf;lkajsgl;kahwf;kljasgkasjfl;kasjgflaksjg

I cannot for the life of me get the freaking 15th one. Twice I got an inch away from getting it, but a;lskdgha;woligtjas;lkgjaslkgjas;dlkf jasd;lfk jstupid cop cars

I felt like throwing my gamepad.. I just gave up wtf so stupidf a;sldgkhjas;lkghjnwa;lghkewnAhAE$%u

My advice for the blue police cars is to keep your distance; if you get close, they'll ram you but keep on the other side of the road and they won't hit you.

Well i guess that ends my World Tour run for now on the Wii U. On superstar showdown's Ranger Rush Sprint theres a really wierd bug where right when the game starts you can't move, and they act like you fell off the map and respawn you in the air somewhere, where you can only move forward until you hit a wall and are stuck forever.

Can't skip like the Boost challenges too, because you need to actually finish the race a few times to get the option.

It happens with any character. I hope they fixed it with the upcoming patch.

maybe i should cancel pre-order till this has been fixed. Or just get it on 360 instead!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
maybe i should cancel pre-order till this has been fixed. Or just get it on 360 instead!

Well to be fair its really far into the game, on the post credits, mirrored tracks part of the world tour mode. Probably about 15 hours into the game. But there are unlockables behind it so its not like it was meant to be mostly ignored either.

You should know the boost challenges are messed up too with a bug that makes checkpoints straight up not spawn, but I do know they said that a patch to fix exactly that was already submited to nintendo, even though nintendo hasn't approved it yet. You can at least skip those after failing a few times.

I also have had a couple of hard locks, like a lot of people are having on every wii u game it seems. But other then that the game works well.

231 stars on World Tour. I just have to beat Ocean View's Traffic Attack on Expert, and then that's all of World Tour done, and the last mod for AGES unlocked.

The Traffic Attack challenges are always the hardest though, so I'll attempt that tomorrow.

A tip for people struggling; these are what characters I mostly used for different challenges:

Race/Sprint/Boost Race/Battle Race: Eggman with standard or speed mod.

Ring Race: Gum with standard mod.

Drift challenge: Tails or Meemee with standard mod.

Anything on Burning Depths: Meemee with standard mod (her handling is incredible and makes the course much easier).

Traffic Attack: Joe Musashi (though you may prefer somebody else; speed is important so Tails and Meemee aren't good, but you want somebody you can weave through the cars with).

As for Chilly Castle, when exiting the boat section to take the S-bend by car, don't do a stunt, or drift into the first corner. Try to line yourself up so you take the first corner without turning much (if at all), and you'll be in a much better position to take the next corner. You should also be able to build up a drift boost on the second corner this way to make up for not doing an aerial stunt.

You definitely should NOT be trying to take this S-bend at full speed; you have to slow down considerably.

Incidentally, if nobody has picked up on how to do a boost start (it took me a while to figure it out), rev your engine at each number in the countdown.

olimpia84

Got this yesterday for the WiiU. This game looks great and runs super smooth, take note Nintendo for the next Mario Kart. This is also my first entry in the series and I'm enjoying it quite a lot despite only playing Grand Prix mode so far (release the damn patch already!)

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Incidentally, if nobody has picked up on how to do a boost start (it took me a while to figure it out), rev your engine at each number in the countdown.

Just a moment before the number is actually said, though.

You'll see your tailpipe emit the same colored fire as when you're drifting with each successfully timed trigger press. If you mess up any of them, you can still get the 2nd or 3rd tries to work and get SOME boost vs. none.

Pretty easy to time once you've got it.

DeVeAn

I get cheated everytime on a class stuff. Like at the last second type stuff. Medium is still fun though its just I want to unlock everyone.

I get cheated everytime on a class stuff. Like at the last second type stuff. Medium is still fun though its just I want to unlock everyone.

Medium alone won't do.
What I've been doing was the solo things (ring race, drift/boost challenges) and the races where you play only against 1 enemy at a time (Versus), as well as the "kill people" races (forgot their name), since those are comparably easy to 3/4-star.
I'm at just about 150 stars now.

I'll try Pursuit on Hard (Expert is pretty bullshit) and Sprint (aka time attack) tomorrow or so.

Smilax

Medium alone won't do.
What I've been doing was the solo things (ring race, drift/boost challenges) and the races where you play only against 1 enemy at a time (Versus), as well as the "kill people" races (forgot their name), since those are comparably easy to 3/4-star.

I'll try Pursuit on Hard (Expert is pretty bullshit) and Sprint (aka time attack) tomorrow or so.

If I recall, Pursuit is the Tank Mission. If so, you can just go at slow speeds and collect ammo as you go. He won't go to far away, and when you see a straight path just unleash on him. That's how i beat it in Expert Mode.

Medium alone won't do.

Play as a character + mod with a Speed rating of 6, and regular races aren't too bad on Expert so long as you can manoeuvre around the track OK without hitting walls. Eggman is my go-to guy when I'm having problems.

Pursuit is a free 4 stars whenever it shows up. Take it incredibly slow (as in tap the acceleration), choose a character with good handling, weave between the obstacles, and fire away when you're lined up (even if there's an obstacle between you and the tank, the first missile will get rid of it).

Seriously, Pursuit is laughably easy once you realise you should never be going at fast speed.

Purexed

Banned
Are hardware locks a known problem for this game on Wii U. Got it in from Gamefly and the thing won't load past the title screen...

If I recall, Pursuit is the Tank Mission.

Yep.

If so, you can just go at slow speeds and collect ammo as you go. He won't go to far away, and when you see a straight path just unleash on him. That's how i beat it in Expert Mode.

Play as a character + mod with a Speed rating of 6, and regular races aren't too bad on Expert so long as you can manoeuvre around the track OK without hitting walls. Eggman is my go-to guy when I'm having problems.

Pursuit is a free 4 stars whenever it shows up. Take it incredibly slow (as in tap the acceleration), choose a character with good handling, weave between the obstacles, and fire away when you're lined up (even if there's an obstacle between you and the tank, the first missile will get rid of it).

Seriously, Pursuit is laughably easy once you realise you should never be going at fast speed.

Huh. I'll try that after my errands. Thanks for the help.

CryptiK

So which is the Superior version of this game? I'm thinking of getting it but on which system does it perform best WiiU, 360 or PS3?

Seik

Banned
Aw man, I just finished the Golden Axe level. (Wii U version here)

So far my favorites are the Panzer Dragoon, Skies of Arcadia and Golden Axe levels.

This game, this fucking game.

Is there any information about the vita version? Is it the same as the game on consoles or is it changed at all?

I don't think there's ever been any information about the Vita version at all - other than it might be coming out next week - and not a single screenshot released. Expecting the absolute worst for this version.

Roo

Besides the boost mode bug, I find the Wii U version the best.
The gamepad alone makes it worth it.

Edit: sorry, quoted the wrong guy. I was talking to CryptiK

I keep on seeing people talking about S ranks in this game...How can you get them? Really enjoying this on the 360, amazing level design and I get all giddy when you suddenly get to fly XD

Thanks for the tips, Smilax and Shotgun Kiss, with your help I was able to 4-star all the Pursuit courses. :)

I've been trying to do the last few Versus, Traffic Attacks and Races on hard, but sadly, they all are kicking my ass. I'm at 157 stars, but I don't think I can unlock the last two characters. :/

dock

Oh damnit. :(

I ordered this on Amazon a few hours ago for the Wii U.
Got home, tried the PS3 demo... didn't like it much. :(

Hurried to cancel my order, but it was too late.

I'll have to decide whether to stick with it, or return it.

TheOGB

Banned
Jeez, how did I ever pass Ocean View's Traffic Attack?

*switches from S class to A*

Oh, better powerups and less ridiculous layouts, that's how :p

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Get! Finally, finally get! My local mail people suck otherwise I'da had it a week ago but w/e mine now!!

...Why is the instruction book only 5 pages?! Controls, warranty... that's it?? This is even worse then the Sega Superstars Tennis instruction book! At least that one told ya about different modes an stuff! The one for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing was an improvement cause it bio'd some characters & courses but this? Cheapness to the max >.<!

I'm pretty unspoiled with the game cause I didn't read the thread & hadn't seen a character list for months so its finally time to check stuff out!

Smilax

...Why is the instruction book only 5 pages?! Controls, warranty... that's it?? This is even worse then the Sega Superstars Tennis instruction book! At least that one told ya about different modes an stuff! The one for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing was an improvement cause it bio'd some characters & courses but this? Cheapness to the max >.<!

I'm pretty unspoiled with the game cause I didn't read the thread & hadn't seen a character list for months so its finally time to check stuff out!
Yeah, that instruction book gave me a good laugh when I first opened it. When some friends came over, I told them it explained the story and stuff. They looked at it and frowned lol.

I think you'll really enjoy the course and character list in this game. Some pretty fun stuff!

depresses me that they have tank missions and didnt even use a Valkyria design for that :(

Yeah, I noticed that too. The tank was rather bland.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
That was a rough introduction. Huge update to d/l, no introductory test drive thing the previous game had, starting off on crappy old Seaside Hill I HATE SONIC HEROES ahem, falling off the edge on the first turn, suddenly being thrown into the water on the last lap with no warning, and ending last x_x

edit: I think I'll like this glove item alot more then a plain old shield! Wish I could change stunts back to L1/R1. Using the right stick is gonna take some getting used to cause thats supposed to be a camera button in all games not a gameplay one...

Yeah, that instruction book gave me a good laugh when I first opened it. When some friends came over, I told them it explained the story and stuff. They looked at it and frowned lol.

I think you'll really enjoy the course and character list in this game. Some pretty fun stuff!
That's mean but funny! I super loved the last game an was still playing it up to the release of this one so I better love it!

Smilax

That was a rough introduction. Huge update to d/l, no introductory test drive thing the previous game had, starting off on crappy old Seaside Hill I HATE SONIC HEROES ahem, falling off the edge on the first turn, suddenly being thrown into the water on the last lap with no warning, and ending last x_x

edit: I think I'll like this glove item alot more then a plain old shield! Wish I could change stunts back to L1/R1. Using the right stick is gonna take some getting used to cause thats supposed to be a camera button in all games not a gameplay one...

The glove item is pretty awesome. Yeah, the stages change sometimes. I believe most change on lap 3. Others just stay the way they are. I'm assuming that download was because you have the Bonus Edition.

Kokonoe

Banned
Oh damnit. :(

I ordered this on Amazon a few hours ago for the Wii U.
Got home, tried the PS3 demo... didn't like it much. :(

Hurried to cancel my order, but it was too late.

I'll have to decide whether to stick with it, or return it.

I don't suggest opening it until the Wii U version is fixed. Now you can get past some boost trials with the Easy trick, but you still need a ton of stars anyways so overtime you're gonna have a few challenges gimped cause you can only get 1 star.

mr stroke

Just started playing this on Wii U and damn single player is hard as hell. Probably the hardest kart racer I have ever played. Too bad online is a bit empty, I can never get a game with more than 3-5 people :(

Finally got all 232 stars in World Tour.

I hate Traffic Attack. They're so hard, they're not fun; just frustrating. I didn't struggle *too* much with anything else, but Traffic Attack are a hundred times harder than everything else.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
World Tour 1 done on normal difficulty! If I switch to easy later on will I earn enough starts to unlock characters or no? Anyways it feels like they re-upped the difficulty to SS Tennis levels which I guess I'm okay with. Cause winning the first grand prix by just 1 point was pretty exciting! It feels like it takes longer to get drift boosts. Strangeness. The controls for cars feels great once again, boats & planes need some getting used to but feel pretty nice so far. I like Amigo's toy train car! And the new Sonic course in space!

Presentation to a big hit for the worse however. No music test, reeallyyyy long load times, that big old unskippable copyright screen at startup which lasts like 5 seconds, worse announcer (bring back old guy and stop telling me to select a mode!! I can idle on the menu screen if I want!), an once again save files are uncopyable so if my ancient PS3 ever goes up in smoke I'ma have to go through the game from scratch... x_x

I'm assuming that download was because you have the Bonus Edition.
It was a 1.01 update. I couldn't even sign into psn earlier so blah I'll do the code download things some other time if I remember to.

w00tkins

Presentation to a big hit for the worse however. No music test, reeallyyyy long load times, that big old unskippable copyright screen at startup which lasts like 5 seconds, worse announcer (bring back old guy and stop telling me to select a mode!! I can idle on the menu screen if I want!), an once again save files are uncopyable so if my ancient PS3 ever goes up in smoke I'ma have to go through the game from scratch... x_x

I recommend installing the game to the hard drive. Helps a lot with loading.

Teknoman

Aw man, I just finished the Golden Axe level. (Wii U version here)

So far my favorites are the Panzer Dragoon, Skies of Arcadia and Golden Axe levels.

This game, this fucking game.

Got the game for the Wii U today. Really fun game but I'm not really used to the flying controls. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it.

Just got my copy today. I'll probably mess around in the normal modes to get the hang of things, but is there any way to invite others on your friend list to a game?

On that note, I need more Sonic Racing people on my friend list:

NNID: Teknoman

Top Bottom