• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
So far it seems like all the versions of this game are "Bonus Edition". Have the non-bonus editions started showing up yet?

I really wish I could get some good races online. Most of the time I can't even get one going. I had a lot of fun playing with GAF that one time.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I really wish I could get some good races online. Most of the time I can't even get one going. I had a lot of fun playing with GAF that one time.

In the SteamGAF group there's usually at least two of us playing. You should join us sometime!

Skyzard

Banned

Made sure to enable (router settings) DMZ on the device you're playing on? Makes it much less hassle to connect on any game..

danielcw

would somebody invite me to the NeoGaf Steam community group for the PC version, please?

Made sure to enable (router settings) DMZ on the device you're playing on? Makes it much less hassle to connect on any game..

Don't wanna scare you, but in that case you should also be sure, that no malicious or exploitable software runs on your PC, because it removes the "natural" protection that a (NAT/PAT) router gives you.

Skyzard

Banned
would somebody invite me to the NeoGaf Steam community group for the PC version, please?

Don't wanna scare you, but in that case you should also be sure, that no malicious or exploitable software runs on your PC, because it removes the "natural" protection that a (NAT/PAT) router gives you.

Ah yes..it's best for Vita/PS3 or other gaming only consoles, should have mentioned.

DonMigs85

Is the PowerVR SGX531 supposed to be weaker than the PICA GPU in the 3DS? Because it seems to be capable of better visuals, like this free Buggy driving game I found on the Google Play store.

w00tkins

Yeah I've had that bug before. And now I know how to recreate it, thanks!

I've seen one of the cpus encased in ice for the whole race.

Skyzard

Banned
Metal Sonic & Outrun DLC - do they not come with the digital version of the game like I had previously heard for Vita? The gamepack just showed up on the store as paid.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Metal Sonic & Outrun DLC - do they not come with the digital version of the game like I had previously heard for Vita? The gamepack just showed up on the store as paid.
I'm guessing it was a timed thing, as the Bonus pack will eventually be with first run prints sell out.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm guessing it was a timed thing, as the Bonus pack will eventually be with first run prints sell out.

Hmm not sure what you mean at the end of that but if argh I thought I picked it up super early. Pretty sure it was day 1 digital for me.

No biggie...is the map any good on Vita - looks okay on PC..

My apologizes if I missed it, but I feel like I'm the only one in this thread that plays online for 360. Are there any other Gaffers who play this game on 360? If so, I'd definitely like to get some games in.

Village

So, did they ever release new characters for DLC? or was it scrapped?

They have to go though some legal hoops to get some guys, and then some people have the right to deny a character being in a cross over thing like this.

To reference a less race-y game, one the reasons there aren't any sengoku basara characters in marvel vs capcom 3, is because the sengoku basarra people didn't want sengoku bassarra associated with marvel vs capcom. Seems a bit snooty to even say no to honor like that especially for that reason , but they have that right.

And along with that, vehicle creation, that's why billy wasn't in this one.
While the ryo has a car, what would the other top voted characters ride in? The shemmune guy cant use his bike anymore, and the fork lift isn't good for transformations. Bayonetta i have no idea, and Miku Hatsune is a computer program I don't even know how it would work.Maybe Saga Saturntaro can ride in a sega saturn or something?

Smilax

They have to go though some legal hoops to get some guys, and then some people have the right to deny a character being in a cross over thing like this.

To reference a less race-y game, one the reasons there are no sengoku basara characters in marvel vs capcom 3, is because the sengoku basarra people didn't want sengoku bassarra associated with marvel vs capcom. Seems a bit snooty to even say no to honor like that especially for that reason , but they have that right.

While the ryo has a car, what would the other top voted characters ride in? The shemmune guy cant use his bike anymore, and the fork lift isn't good for transformations. Bayonetta i have no idea, and Miku Hatsune is a computer program I don't even know how it would work.Maybe Saga Saturntaro can ride in a sega saturn or something?

Ahh, so they are still working on it. Alright, I get it. It's just been awhile since I've heard about it, I thought it might have been scrapped. I hope it comes out soon, it would be fun to replay again.

Wonko_C

To reference a less race-y game, one the reasons there aren't any sengoku basara characters in marvel vs capcom 3, is because the sengoku basarra people didn't want sengoku bassarra associated with marvel vs capcom. Seems a bit snooty to even say no to honor like that especially for that reason , but they have that right.

PUB1ifY.jpg

The car already exists, Sega themselves made it for Project Diva f/F.

As for the others, I think the reasoning for some of the previous characters not being in there because of their vehicles shouldn't be an issue. For example, have Ryo's bike transform into a plane and boat, they did it with Football Manager's car, why not?

Village

PUB1ifY.jpg

The car already exists, Sega themselves made it for Project Diva f/F.

As for the others, I think the reasoning for some of the previous characters not being in there because of their vehicles shouldn't be an issue. For example, have Ryo's bike transform into a plane and boat, they did it with Football Manager's car, why not?

It shouldn't be, trust me. I Have thought of 3 cars already for billy, and the banaza bros car in the last game turned into a zeppelin in all-star mode , so they were 2/3rds done already.

Also bikes seem to be gone because they are broken, if bikes could be there shadow would have one. Clearly the bikes in the last game were so broken, they had to invent a whole new vehicle for shadow and Alex just to be fair. Or bikes are to small to transform because their isnt enough material, though that doesn't stop Eggman. Though he is supposed to be a Dick Dastardly type, so him having impossible transforming abilities for his fat-man chair makes sense.

and cool vehicle for Miku

Edit* motorcycles could turn into jetskis though i fear if they do that, a hell of a lot of people are going to want shadows bike back. I think they might want to "discover" that when the next installment is being made, so not to cause fury.

Roo

So... I decided to play the game today and as soon as I touched the icon I saw there was an update. Do we know what does this update do?

I play the game regularly so I don't think I missed an old update.

I'm talking about the Wii U version btw so I don't know if it's just an update for this system or not.

TheOGB

Banned
So... I decided to play the game today and as soon as I touched the icon I saw there was an update. Do we know what does this update do?

I play the game regularly so I don't think I missed an old update.

I'm talking about the Wii U version btw so I don't know if it's just an update for this system or not.
Could it be this? They didn't specify a time for the Wii U version, but hey, maybe it came sooner than expected.

TheOGB

Banned
Changelog of the patch from yesterday

The updates feature lots of tucks and tweaks, should address many of the issues you've reported to us and also pull in improvements we've been doing on PC. Don't expect any extra tracks or characters though, just before you ask...!

As there have been many requests for a changelist, here are the key points of changes made due to community feedback. It underwent a second round of testing at SEGA and we fixed a number of issues that were reported internally too. Consider this high level :p

Networking

• Vehicle collisions in online races handle high latency much better.
• X360 - Increased timeouts to allow for less network errors.
• Rating reset issues should be resolved.
• -100 Rating Penalty for players who quit races intentionally (even for router resets).
• Starlight Carnival - Road shader adjusted to prevent 'driving in the sky' issue.
• Super pick-ups in arenas should work in all cases now.
• Rare issue leaving players unable to return to lobby addressed.

Difficulty

• Tuned the difficulty of Traffic Attack, Ring Race, and certain Race events in World Tour.
• Corrected certain traffic attack gates not giving you extra time.
• Made the ‘Skip event after 3 failed events?’ option appear on all difficulties.

Achievements

• Team Sonic - Made achievable in local gameplay so this is easier to get.
• Yokozuna - No longer unlocks when you only beat Sunshine Tour Expert Ghost.
• ‘Beat someone 500 points higher than you’ sticker no longer awarded unless criteria met.
• 'Meteor Strike' No longer triggers incorrectly.

Misc
• Time Attack – Multiple exploit fixes.
• Online play - Multiple exploit fixes.
• Co-op swap weapon slot now allows you to swap if you already have a weapon.
• Improved front end leaderboard caching.
• In-games triggers now handle physics tunnelling better for very fast players.
• incorrect HUD showing ‘Lap 2’ cases addressed.
• Improved motion controls for Wii-U
• Favourite character in license no longer incorrect.
• Hot-Rod physics effect in Arena's clamped.
• Occasionally being able to drive through Swarm attacks corrected.

Audio
• Announcer should now say correct finishing position in high latency games
• All-Star music volume level corrected
• Reverb effects removed when audio disabled.

So now you know :p

---
S0L
---

Roo

^^ Wow, thanks for the link. I read the comments and there seem to be some minor things missing but overall a major fix.

Changelog of the patch from yesterday

The updates feature lots of tucks and tweaks, should address many of the issues you've reported to us and also pull in improvements we've been doing on PC. Don't expect any extra tracks or characters though, just before you ask...!

As there have been many requests for a changelist, here are the key points of changes made due to community feedback. It underwent a second round of testing at SEGA and we fixed a number of issues that were reported internally too. Consider this high level :p

Networking

• Vehicle collisions in online races handle high latency much better.
• X360 - Increased timeouts to allow for less network errors.
• Rating reset issues should be resolved.
• -100 Rating Penalty for players who quit races intentionally (even for router resets).
• Starlight Carnival - Road shader adjusted to prevent 'driving in the sky' issue.
• Super pick-ups in arenas should work in all cases now.
• Rare issue leaving players unable to return to lobby addressed.

Difficulty

• Tuned the difficulty of Traffic Attack, Ring Race, and certain Race events in World Tour.
• Corrected certain traffic attack gates not giving you extra time.
• Made the ‘Skip event after 3 failed events?’ option appear on all difficulties.

Achievements

• Team Sonic - Made achievable in local gameplay so this is easier to get.
• Yokozuna - No longer unlocks when you only beat Sunshine Tour Expert Ghost.
• ‘Beat someone 500 points higher than you’ sticker no longer awarded unless criteria met.
• 'Meteor Strike' No longer triggers incorrectly.

Misc
• Time Attack – Multiple exploit fixes.
• Online play - Multiple exploit fixes.
• Co-op swap weapon slot now allows you to swap if you already have a weapon.
• Improved front end leaderboard caching.
• In-games triggers now handle physics tunnelling better for very fast players.
• incorrect HUD showing ‘Lap 2’ cases addressed.
• Improved motion controls for Wii-U
• Favourite character in license no longer incorrect.
• Hot-Rod physics effect in Arena's clamped.
• Occasionally being able to drive through Swarm attacks corrected.

Audio
• Announcer should now say correct finishing position in high latency games
• All-Star music volume level corrected
• Reverb effects removed when audio disabled.

So now you know :p

---
S0L

Thank God for the -100 Rating Penalty. Bye Bye rage quitting
Those highlighted...
Just when I finished the game ¬¬'
New players deserve to suffer just like I did!!! lol
anyway, it's great they fixed the traffic attack events now.
Some of them were criminal

TheOGB

Banned
And yet here I am still sucking at the Shibuya Downtown Expert Traffic Attack

(But I haven't played this in months now >.>)

Tizoc

My PS3 auto updated a patch for the PS3 ver.
Also the Vita ver. is currently $20 on US PSN, GO GET IT! (Persona 4 Golden is also $30 atm, so you can still get $10 in April as they said they'd round up the figures too)

I'd argue this is almost more infuriating post-patch because of how often I fail an event at the last possible second now. :p

But at least it feels like something I'll probably end up getting eventually.

Though whether or not I'll be able to finish 1st during an expert race in Burning Depths remains to be seen.

Picked up the Vita version cheap from the PlayStation store the other day, really enjoying it. Much better than Modnation (Vita) and LBP Karting (PS3) can see me getting a lot of playtime with this game.

Roo

It sucks they didn't fix the bug from Dream Valley where the track pushes you to the pillars before the finish line when your boat tranforms into a plane.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The fixes in the patch are good, though for the Wii U version I wish they could patch it to optimize the framerate in the same way ZombiU just got optimized with its new patch - the U version has so much ugly judder on some tracks. Especially the Arcadia track; it's so awful I don't even want to play that one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The fixes in the patch are good, though for the Wii U version I wish they could patch it to optimize the framerate in the same way ZombiU just got optimized with its new patch - the U version has so much ugly judder on some tracks. Especially the Arcadia track; it's so awful I don't even want to play that one.

If you play 3+ player multiplayer it's even worse. I felt like it was dropped to around 10-15fps in the, uh... I can't remember which track it is, but the early one that has the whirlpool near the end of the lap?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If you play 3+ player multiplayer it's even worse. I felt like it was dropped to around 10-15fps in the, uh... I can't remember which track it is, but the early one that has the whirlpool near the end of the lap?

Sounds like one of the Monkey Ball tracks?

Yeah, you can tell there's an optimization problem since the game will run smooth even with a screen full of vehicles in sections of some tracks. The moment a certain amount of background geometry is visible, it starts hiccuping, juddering, and suffering something like microstutter tics. Apart from just dropping to a lower framerate.

Top Bottom