• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Boom for Wii U (Big Red Button, CryEngine 3) & 3DS (Sanzaru), new subseries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffdgh

I though that concept art of knuckles was bad but that 3D model....I can't.

Still...it looks interesting.

QZBZqxU.png

KETHfMk.jpg

We had the same idea. Hahah!

Effect

The character models are eh at the moment. What the hell did they do to Knuckles!?

I did like the look of the actual gameplay though. More should be commenting on that I think. I really want to see more of that.

SonicTHP

Neo Member
Somehow I like the new designs less in their fighting stance.

Environments look pretty nice though. I'm willing to see more before making any reactions.

Their legs are terrible :/

I'm guessing Sega are trying to get the last promised game out so they can start develop games for home consoles that actually sell.

Lan_97

Looks like a fun if not somewhat generic action platformer. But good god, those character designs look even worse in game.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Well that outsourced Sonic thread was right!

http://brbent.com/
to a completely new studio with nowt to its name.

Good lord, it looks abysmal. Like Sonic wants to now be Ratchet and Clank or something?

WillyFive

Surprised that it's not by Sonic Team. Gameplay looks a lot like the Sonic Adventure/Sonic 06 type; with multiple playable characters.

Kriken

So Amy, Tails and Knuckles can all run at the same speed as Sonic. Either this could be like Sonic 2/3 where every character was fast, or Sonic Heroes where they just seemed fast until you played the slower characters. Only time will tell

VanWinkle

What on earth? Looks like a co-op 3D platformer in the vein of Ratchet & Clank or something?

Very interesting. Very bad trailer, but I will be on the lookout with this. I'm actually glad it's a different dev. Could go horribly or fantastically.

emb

Characters look worse in game/in the trailer than the art already did.

Is this supposed to be a four player game? I really can't see that working in Sonic... Or Heroes style teams maybe?

The character models are eh at the moment. I did like the look of the actual gameplay though. More should be commenting on that I think.

The gameplay looks like a more adventurish than platforming. Could be decent but I didn't see anything to indicate it looks good or bad

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
God dammit Sega...

Why the hell is everyone part mummy? Is that supposed to be edgy?

The music felt out of place in the trailer. The legs at the beginning were disturbing.

Hard to comment on the gameplay at this point. I wonder if this is going to 4-players, which would be awesome for the hilarious lets play videos it would spawn.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I like bangarang, but they shouldn't have used bangarang for this.

Regardless, as with any sonic game's announcement, try not to keep my expectations anywhere beyond passable.

The character models are eh at the moment. I did like the look of the actual gameplay though. More should be commenting on that I think.

What looked good about it? All I saw was

-More open areas (not conducive to tight level design, especially in a sonic game)
-multiple playable characters and play style (unfocused)
-bigger combat focus

That's all really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom