• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Boom for Wii U (Big Red Button, CryEngine 3) & 3DS (Sanzaru), new subseries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan 3414

I guess Sonic Team isn't working on this game...don't know how to feel about that.

Edit: Actually the gameplay footage doesn't look bad...

Guymelef

OfnwkhT.png

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Looks terrible. The art style doesn't work. At all. And the gameplay...Is Tails tossing stuff from a...toolbelt? God, this looks so damn bad. If Sega thinks this'll turn the franchise around, they are mistaken IMO.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
The change of developer interests me. I'm not really feeling the design or the odd choice of trailer music, but if the game has co-op multiplayer I'll be there day one.
I mean, it couldn't possibly be worse than Shadow/2006, right? right?!

UberTag

BigRedButton was set up by a couple of former Naughty Dog staff.
Should we be worried that they formed this studio in 2008 and haven't released any games yet. Is there a graveyard of unfinished, discontinued projects from these guys we're not privy to?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Character design aside, some kinda neat graphics behind all that compression. The water looked especially nice.

Mik317

This looks awful..

I have been able to enjoy parts and often all of the previous games.....but this is just naw.

Sonic and friends didnt need a re-design. I mean didn't they learn from the last time they tried to make him taller?

fuckin hell Sonic team.

jett

D-Member
I don't understand how can they return to making a Sonic and his Shitty Friends game after Generations.

From what I can tell, the gameplay looks like it can be something good, but it's too early to tell.

That music noise, though. Ugggggghhhhhh...

Big Red Button is down in El Segundo. They've been in stealth mode for like 5 years, interesting to see this as their first actual title.

NTom64

The dubstep isn't part of the actual game, guys. SEGA always scores their trailers like this.

It's a skrillex song I think.

Anyway, apart from the designs it looks OK. Will give it a shot.

Ridley327

Sanzaru is doing the 3DS version? I'm already more interested in that version.

I can't believe someone is using Bangarang in their promotional trailer in 2014.

Revven

This game is already bombing before it's even out.

The only thing that could possibly salvage it is if the 3DS character models aren't as shitty looking and that sounds unlikely as hell. :x

God damnit, Sega... -_-

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So there's still hope that Sonic Team is working on something?

I really want to see another Generations style game. :(

nothing about that trailer leads me to believe it will play any better than Lost World.

I hold out hope, since the different characters showed me shades of Adventure, but i could practically see how badly Amy controlled in her little parkour segments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom