• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Boom for Wii U (Big Red Button, CryEngine 3) & 3DS (Sanzaru), new subseries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriken

he's already dead

pAIHGba.png

Watching it again made me notice how they try so hard to hide the length of the legs there

Effect

Sounds about right. Sonic team work on the PS4/X1/Wii U game whilst Sanzaru+BRB work on this.

Possible. Also anyone that thinks Sega isn't putting a Sonic game on Nintendo platforms, regardless of how well it's selling, is insane. Which I assume was meant by the original Sonic Team working on "next-gen"comment. Arguably the Mario audience is the Sonic audience for the most part. Lost World had a bad start but I do recall hearing sales did pick up afterward and during the holiday season.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is is going to be better then the last Sonic WiiU game?

Tizoc

Hey guys remember when we were talking about the Sonic games being outsourced?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764465&highlight=sonic+outsource

This looks awful..

I have been able to enjoy parts and often all of the previous games.....but this is just naw.

Sonic and friends didnt need a re-design. I mean didn't they learn from the last time they tried to make him taller?

fuckin hell Sonic team.

From what I've gathered this isn't made by Sonic Team.

ErichWK

Man...Giant worm boss reveal at the end was kind of cliche and unimaginative. I'm down for a reboot, though. I'll reserve judgement when more videos come out

Huh. A few weeks ago I randomly googled big red button to see if they ever made something ro randomly shut down.

Studio has been around since 08 and I am pretty sure this is their first official thing. Got to get paid I guess.

Should we be worried that they formed this studio in 2008 and haven't released any games yet. Is there a graveyard of unfinished, discontinued projects from these guys we're not privy to?

I suspect that their history is pretty similar to Armature's: unannounced projects with bigger publishers that fell through as the mid-tier market collapsed, as well as uncredited contract work on bigger projects to stay afloat.

Lan_97

I refuse to believe that anyone working on this project took a look at Knuckles and said "yeah, this is good."

Tuck

I'm just SO confused why Sega finally found a winning formula for Sonic (Unleashed style gameplay) and then decided to say "fuck it, lets start over, again."

Lucifon

Almost looked open world. I'm surprisingly optimistic, thought that looked pretty cool minus the Knuckles character design.

Takao

Banned
Seems weird to tie your new multimedia franchise reboot to an irrelevant platform like Wii U, but as they're outsourced I guess something else is in production for PS4/XB1.

bbdude

Those claymation character shots look better in motion, just sayin'

Trailer looks alright. I'll withhold opinion until I play it

KoopaTheCasual

While the sight of Sonic squatting is terrifying, I don't understand why people say the gameplay looked bad? The gameplay looked pretty fun (although that doesn't mean much, it all comes down to how it controls). Loved the colors and the environment.

Besides the horrible song choice and sonic's legs, I enjoyed the trailer's first look.

fernoca

Their legs are terrible :/

I'm guessing Sega are trying to get the last promised game out so they can start develop games for home consoles that actually sell.

Seeing how All Stars Racing Transformed sold better on Wii U than on PS3 and 360 (from what was mentioned months ago) and Racing Transformed was a Wii U launch title, it wouldn't surprise me if the Wii U version still outsells the others...again. Who knows.

And yeah..those designs are....weird. :/
Keeping an eye out anyway. Reminds me of Sonic Heroes; which I liked.

And Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate was developed by former Retro Studios employees and the game was garbage. I don't trust these people unless they have the guidance of Nintendo or Sony.

I wasn't trying to say that it meant that the game was going to be great. Just pointing out that they didn't hand it off to a developer with little experience in the genre. The people that formed that studio in particular were there during the PSone and PS2 days for Crash and Jak.

Teknoman

I would say if Nintendo bought the rights or some sort of extended partnership, the result would be actual Sonic games expected from Sonic.

That being said, if this game had the same areas, but with Sonic Lost World style models, no one would be complaining i'm sure. Well aside from Tails shooting things.

Does anyone have an explanation why they would spend years of shitty games building up to the best Sonic game in recent memory (Generations), and then just ditch that whole concept and design? What could possibly be the logic?

Shin-Ra

Lanky legs look wrong. Scary Sonic fans are drawing on bollocks this very moment.

Nintendo needs to buy the IP already and put Sonic and his friends out of their misery. Yuji Naka is probably crying himself to sleep.
Then we can have a go at Nintendo for regurgitating another overfamiliar IP over and over again.

Sylver

Banned
Nice to see is only a Nintendo platforms game, there's kind of chance for Generations 2 on current gen consoles.

SonicTHP

Neo Member
I'm just SO confused why Sega finally found a winning formula for Sonic (Unleashed style gameplay) and then decided to say "fuck it, lets start over, again."

Agreed completely. But I've kind of given up on it happening again. Just going to have to replay Unleashed/Generations like I still play the Genesis classics.

Change was inevitable.

Marjar

Banned
Haha oh god I can't stop laughing.

Sonic looks like he had his limbs stretched.

And dear lord Knuckles what have they done to you?

Ridley327

Does anyone have an explanation why they would spend years of shitty games building up to the best Sonic game in recent memory (Generations), and then just ditch that whole concept and design? What could possibly be the logic?

Your first problem: you're asking about logic when it comes to Sega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom