• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood in new NP

Evander

"industry expert"
Amir0x said:
there are a lot of good SEGA games throughout time (XBLA Chu Chu would be rad), they just mysteriously stop being made after Dreamcast died.

I've enjoyed playing some of the post-dreamcast non-compilation sega games

I don't know I could say thatthey were good though, so I guess you are right.

They didn't publish the GBA Astroboy, did they? That one was a good game, and for some reason every time I think fitIthink Sega.

Amir0x

Banned
Evander said:
I've enjoyed playing some of the post-dreamcast non-compilation sega games

I don't know I could say thatthey were good though, so I guess you are right.

They didn't publish the GBA Astroboy, did they? That one was a good game, and for some reason every time I think fitIthink Sega.

i think a lot of people here are just arguing in the name of SEGA as an entity, I'm more arguing against SEGA as a developer (post Dreamcast). They published some decent games now and then, but the ones they actually put their hands on... well other than the early Panzer Xbox game, and the two Virtua Fighter ones... they've been pretty bad I think

Evander

"industry expert"
Gigglepoo said:
Chu Chu Rocket was not only the first GBA game, it was probably the best. It's funny, I really didn't like the DC original and at all. But porting it to a portable system and focusing on puzzles instead of action made all the difference.

honestly, I HATED the GBA controls.

I think the game was MADE to be a DS game, where you can one again lay a different direction based on the four buttons, or also do it with the stylus.

Evander

"industry expert"
Amir0x said:
i think a lot of people here are just arguing in the name of SEGA as an entity, I'm more arguing against SEGA as a developer. They published some decent games now and then, but the ones they actually put their hands on... well other than the early Panzer Xbox game, and the two Virtua Fighter ones... they've been pretty bad I think

I can't argue with that.

Except for Sonic Rush.

I did enjoy the Sonic Advance games, butnot enough to keep them. Sonic Rush, however, was my favorite sonic since Sonic and Knuckles (including all of the Game Gear ones Iused to play).

Edit: Anyway, I'm off to go sit in traffic.

Well,finally some info...

Pretty cool.

I hope Sonic Team dosn't touch anything in this game...

Evander said:

That was Treasure...,dosn't much Sega merit there....

Amir0x

Banned
Evander said:
I can't argue with that.

Except for Sonic Rush.

I did enjoy the Sonic Advance games, butnot enough to keep them. Sonic Rush, however, was my favorite sonic since Sonic and Knuckles (including all of the Game Gear ones Iused to play).

yes, and Sonic Rush. I like Sonic Rush/Adventure i said earlier in the thread, the only good Sonic game in a decade imo

So three (to maybe FIVE or SIX max) games out of like, I don't know, one hundred post Dreamcast games SEGA has made? I think the record demonstrates why everyone should be wary, at least.

Gigglepoo

Evander said:
honestly, I HATED the GBA controls.

That's why you have to play the puzzle mode instead of the action mode. It's a pain in the ass remembering L = Up during fast gameplay, but the slow-paced puzzles were easy to control and fantastic.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Evander said:
I can't argue with that.

Except for Sonic Rush.

Edit: Anyway, I'm off to go sit in traffic.

Sonic Rush wasnt done by Sega btw

Amir0x

Banned
JSnake said:
no you didn't.

also i didn't know.

Well i don't specifically remember, so anyway just no one should do that again. I mean I can't believe people all forgot those countless threads were like 20 people in a row would be banned for asking for scans/PMs of scans :<

Evander

"industry expert"
Amir0x said:
yes, and Sonic Rush. I like Sonic Rush/Adventure i said earlier in the thread, the only good Sonic game in a decade imo

Post Script (I guess): I'm really not abig fan of Rush Adventure. I still haven't beaten it. I actually enjoy the seafaring sections, but the massive ammounts of dialouge between things bore me to death, and if I skip them then I sometimes have no idea what I'm doing.

JSnake

Amir0x said:
Well i don't specifically remember, so anyway just no one should do that again. I mean I can't believe people all forgot those countless threads were like 20 people in a row would be banned for asking for scans/PMs of scans :<

yes sir

Amir0x

Banned
Evander said:
Post Script (I guess): I'm really not abig fan of Rush Adventure. I still haven't beaten it. I actually enjoy the seafaring sections, but the massive ammounts of dialouge between things bore me to death, and if I skip them then I sometimes have no idea what I'm doing.

yeah it's not as focused as the original, i would agree

Evander

"industry expert"
Amir0x said:

One last note:

Remember, if you ban everyone, there will be no witnesses left. That was the lesson I took away from my modship.

Of course, we both know how that ended, so I'm probably not the person to take advice from ;)

Firestorm

ShockingAlberto said:
What the shit are pizza pops

what
250px-Pizza_Pops.jpg

<3

Edit: Oh, according to Wikipedia, it's only available in Canada.
You guys are missing out.

Himuro said:
You really play that game every day, don't you?
I do! It's fucking great!

Pizza Pops are the lifeblood of Canadians. They're so bad for you I'm really surprised they never made it to the US, though you have their knock-off, the much-less-delicious Hot Pocket.

Scribble

Get a "popsicle" (In quotations because we don't use that word here) mould, pour pizza base mix inside, but make it extra watery. Drop slices of pepperoni, tuna, sweetcorn and pineapple in mould, then stick it in the freezer. Wait till it freezes, and you have your Pizza Pop.

Amir0x

Banned
Evander said:
One last note:

Remember, if you ban everyone, there will be no witnesses left. That was the lesson I took away from my modship.

Of course, we both know how that ended, so I'm probably not the person to take advice from ;)

Heh. This community has grown so big over the past two years, that I can't remember anymore who I've told about this. But the no scans rule is in the TOS, which everyone should read for the record! :)

We just usually say, if the scans are NON-english language, then it's OK but otherwise we dont allow it

Quazar

Amir0x said:
Heh. This community has grown so big over the past two years, that I can't remember anymore who I've told about this. But the no scans rule is in the TOS, which everyone should read for the record! :)

We just usually say, if the scans are NON-english language, then it's OK but otherwise we dont allow it

Why are non-english scans allowed? And both not allowed on something like game spot

jman2050

Amir0x said:

I'm sure everyone has read the TOS. It's remembering each of the little details months afterwards that's the problem.

Or just photoshop some random Spanish/French text over the english and you're good to go. :D

This is the first time in a long while I've been hyped for a Sonic game. All these new details makes the game sound so promising. Bioware, please don't let me down!

Amir0x

Banned
jman2050 said:
I'm sure everyone has read the TOS. It's remembering each of the little details months afterwards that's the problem.

we don't care about copyright laws from other countries

or something

Jacobi

Banned
Amir0x said:

What if I translate the text and write over the English text.

I couldn't do it anyway I don't have them :( Waiting for gamefront or something to update...

madara

Reminder from Uncle Ben who is currently banned, "with great power comes great responsibility". Lets never forget. :D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I just banned 13 people in the resistance thread for PM PLZ, I think I'll go through this thread too!

Ten-Song

Scribble said:
I'll ask again: What did people think of Sonic Battle?

I thought it was okay...ish? I played it with a few people for multiplayer, and that was fun, but the single player was kind of boring.

I liked the single player story in Sonic Battle. I played the Japanese version set to English and it contained random bits of innuendo and swearing which I guess were cleaned up in the US version. The battles themselves got pretty repetitive though.

Grecco

Segata Sanshiro said:
I do! It's fucking great!

Pizza Pops are the lifeblood of Canadians. They're so bad for you I'm really surprised they never made it to the US, though you have their knock-off, the much-less-delicious Hot Pocket.

This is a decleration of war sir.

Top Bottom