• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Forces - Space Port Gameplay

Kyzer

Banned
tenor.gif

I like the created character lol. But the buttrock...the game play...

BiggNife

Hot take: I think this looks fine, mostly

It's certainly not as boring as some of the other stages they've shown so far

Kinsei

Banned
So we have Green Hill and now a Chemical Plant knock off. Next thing you know Sky Sanctuary will show up.

There are mid level cut scenes? That sucks.

Seik

Banned
The music sucks soooo bad.

I'm a hairline from cancelling my pre-order, like fucking seriously. I did keep my pre-order for Black Knight to give you an idea.

My expectations for this game, from the very beginning, have been very low.

I thought the gameplay looked okay. Kind of like Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, this looks like a game that could be quite fun after you get used to the mechanics and make a point to speed through each stage as fast as you can, and as flashy as you can.

That said, I didn't see too much in that stage that indicates that the stage designs and layouts are as cleverly designed for speed runs as Fire & Ice stages were, but I'll keep my eye on this game. I'm not ready to write it off quite yet.

Steejee

Has anyone ever managed to turn the 3D Sonic setup into something good? Freedom Planet managed to do 2D Sonic better than Sonic does, but 3D Sonic's whole design just doesn't seem to work from the get go.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
BZbSQ5i.gif

He gets off a train just to almost get hit by another one complete with obligatory slowmo..
mj-laughing.gif

zeemumu

Has anyone ever managed to turn the 3D Sonic setup into something good? Freedom Planet managed to do 2D Sonic better than Sonic does, but 3D Sonic's whole design just doesn't seem to work from the get go.

Colors and Generations were fine. The thing is that you can make changes but it needs to still be a sonic game.

It was cool but also really jarring.

And we're sure that's not Chemical Plant Zone and someone just messed up the name?

Based on images, Chemical Plant seems to be in the game, but it's likely going to be Sonic stage. This is an Avatar stage that may be based on Chemical Plant.

It looks... fine.

All of the levels they’ve shown so far have just been so uninspired thematically. What happened to creativity they had with games like Colors and even Lost World?

Still hoping for the best...

salromano

Just FYI, this is the Chemical Plant area. Not sure why Sonic channel titled it to make it seem like a different stage.

I'm usually down on the game but that looks ok. Nothing great but relatively inoffensive.
Just FYI, this is the Chemical Plant area. Not sure why Sonic channel titled it to make it seem like a different stage.
Stages in the same area have different names for each character's version. Classic Sonic's stage using this level's assets is probably called Chemical Plant.

I mentioned it earlier, but the Avatar stages seem to have different names? Like the Avatar stage for the first location of the game is called Park Avenue.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

MrBadger

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Is it wrong for me to say that I actually liked the song in the first video? D:

edit: though who the hell is the bird supposed to be

It looks... fine.

All of the levels they’ve shown so far have just been so uninspired thematically. What happened to creativity they had with games like Colors and even Lost World?

Still hoping for the best...
They likely scrapped a prototype between Generations and Forces’ announcement and were left with 2 years to put a game together, hence the heavy reuse of assets, villians, and remixed themes. Like this “Space Port” is clearly based on the assets from Generation’s Chemical Plant Zone.

Sylfurd

Bad camera placements, bad camera movements, it juste translates and stops, same for the character, it moves fast and stops immediately when hitting an enemy, there's no weight, no smoothness in movements as it should be, it's really bad ...

Also released, Rental Hero Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqaP9GOYk-E

That boss battles looks bad
Make.

An actual.

THREE

DEE

SONIC.

I swear it’s been nothing but endless runner on-rails or 2D boss fights since fucking 06.

FUCKING 06 HAD MORE DYNAMIC BOSS BATTLES.

I’m still looking forward to this game, but they better be retiring this hybrid 2D shit for good next game. Boost style too for that matter. I’ve had enough.

benbeaux

Banned
That camera angle change towards the beginning is hysterical. I actually thought it switched to a 2D section there, holy shit.

Sami+

I like the visuals of the huge factory looking area, it's cool seeing this really visually busy enormous world around the level.

Everything else looks shite though, the cutscene was really jarring and the level design reminds me of Sonic Heroes in that you're confined to a narrow hallway hovering in space with very little flow to the obstacles and you're movement through them. Music is bad too. Did they reuse Chemical Plant assets?

Top Bottom