• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost World |OT| Too X-treme for the Galaxy

EhoaVash

watching the stream...that 2D portion looks rather really boring and unimpressive visually
also wow some of these death pits are really bad.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The 3DS version has tilt-controlled special stages that are reminiscent of Blue Sphere from Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

----
With respect to the stream...

I do kind of wish the camera weren't pulled so far back, but that's simply because of my vision. I guess other people would feel differently. As for the 2D levels, they... do kind of feel like filler, don't they?

Edit: I am watching the right stream, yeah? http://www.twitch.tv/gurdill63
Yes. And I know why you drew the comparison since I thought some stuff too (in terms of level premises or objectives).

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay I don't think this game actually takes that much from Mario Galaxy but the boss fight streaming now is literally
the Bowser fights

Vibed

I think the level is fine, it's just hard to see what's coming up ahead in the behind the back camera sections with the low resolution of the stream. This guy keeps repeating the same mistakes.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't particularly like the bubble chains (I don't typically like bubble chains in general), but I guess they had to do something to keep going despite the momentum loss.

Guy's not playing too well, though. Like the previous poster said, they're not learning from their mistakes.

I like how he's like "YES I WILL TAKE THE SKIP AHEAD" and it zooms by too fast for him to hit.
Hahahaha.

Lijik

Dude is def not playing this well, but i hope he keeps fucking up because the music and the echo on the sound effects makes for chill background noise

I heard the end capsule noise!

The level is over now!

Edit: Ew, the game has the "Trio of Challenges" system like dozens and dozens of F2P cell phone games?

VanWinkle

I wish that stupid homing attack wasn't in here. It's always seemed so dumb to me. Why can't we just jump on the enemies like the old Sonic games?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I wish that stupid homing attack wasn't in here. It's always seemed so dumb to me. Why can't we just jump on the enemies like the old Sonic games?
Homing attack was a reasonable solution to dispatching enemies quickly in 3D orientation. In addition to dispatching enemies in mid-air in a 3D space, the additional force created can boost the character in order to chain attack several enemies or reach a higher environment. In that case, it was a decent solution to enemy dispatching in conjunction with fast movement and continuing the character's pace when moving despite the fact that homing attack does slow down your momentum a bit. I'd always felt that homing attack, stomp, and double-jump was some sort of integration of the shield powers in Sonic's default moveset (flame, bubble, and electric respectively), so here we are.

It's kind of unnecessary in a 2D space because you'll get an extra jump boost if you jump on enemies in succession regularly.

I'ts like a sound effect is missing every time he activates the Hover wisp.
Apparently the sound/hover music comes out of the GamePad.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think a lot of us bought/played Sonic 06. -_-

He totally beat it when we weren't looking.

If we get a demo in NA, it'll be tomorrow right? Or next week?
No idea, and I'm surprised no one from Sega's said anything about a demo yet. I'd like one.

...Huh.
That was way too similar to Colors' final boss fight. I don't know how to feel about that.

Edit: Okay, seriously? That was it?

Top Bottom