• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Unleashed Wii News

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
DeaconKnowledge said:
ONM? I have a hard time believing anything they say.

"Sonic Unleashed will come bundled with a new Wii stand that not only serves as a power supply, but also features HDMI to bring HD resolutions to Nintendo's machine."

LCGeek

formerly sane
DeaconKnowledge said:
ONM? I have a hard time believing anything they say.

I thought another source said something about the subject of where the Wii version came from were already mentioned in the thread. I'm not buying it myself to someone vets such info or a dev behind the scene does, though it's sega and they are quite open about what they do with gc/wii stuff in this area compared to a lot.

dfi

Relaxed Muscle said:
Even more hard when they are showing X360/PS3 shots in their magazine as they were from Wii....

yeah those can't be wii shots.

If they are, then sonic unleashed automatically becomes the best looking game on the wii to date.

Somehow all of this ridiculous speculation has me anticipating this game. But I know I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.

LCGeek

formerly sane
AceBandage said:

WallE is another game that had this happen and it's far better as an example than a game from ubisoft that isn't trying to push the main platform it's on. WallE is better but there's no optimal example considering the developers you could use for example never pushed the GC/Wii like it could/should/was. If the dev info about the game is true sonic will be one of the first examples of how uninformed and ignorant a group of consumers/devs are about Wii since sega is on the few devs last gen and this gen who is pushing the api.

Teknoman

dfi said:
yeah those can't be wii shots.

If they are, then sonic unleashed automatically becomes the best looking game on the wii to date.

"Wii version will be a graphical showcase for the system."

-That quote on Sonic Stadium

LCGeek

formerly sane
dark10x said:
That may be so, but none of the shots thus far are Wii shots.

They are taken off a dev machine in which Wii is the platform. I know you know the tons of ways a shot can be doctored so who knows how much outside of aa (not happening on Wii at leat not from sega only capcom f5 managed to do it realtime) and resolution I'm more interested in hearing what's Wii based and what is clearly been hd'fied.

Christopher

LCGeek said:
They are taken off a dev machine in which Wii is the platform. I know you know the tons of ways a shot can be doctored so who knows how much outside of aa (not happening on Wii at leat not from sega only capcom f5 managed to do it realtime) and resolution I'm more interested in hearing what's Wii based and what is clearly been hd'fied.

says who?

Innotech

Banned
Lobster said:
This thread is ridiculous..

The Wii version will not look anywhere near the Ps3/360 game..

The only possible thing the Wii could replicate is the environments with downgraded graphics.

34688cz.jpg

This is actually a good representation of how the Wii game could look.
thats good enough for me. Asl ong as the game works without looking like total ass.

I know i's ONM nut I still can't believe they are presenting the 360/PS3 versions as if they are Wii shots.

Grilled Jesus's christ poop on a stick.

Firestorm

It's weird but I'm almost glad that the 360 version is going to be an upgrade Wii game. This means they won't be doing anything crazy realistic and we should get a nice smooth looking cartoony game, right? I mean, I really really love the look of the screens and trailer we go.

Scrubking

Lobster said:
and it would make no sense that the 360/Ps3 shots would be released first if its being led on the Wii..

Yes it would because PR is about making a good impression, and the best versions of any game will always get shown off first because they look the best. It doesn't matter what the lead version is.

Teknoman

Innotech said:
nah it doesnt really. It looks like an SD version of the others. Superman 64 looksl ike ass, this looks sufficient.

I cant focus on how it would look in SD or not with that crapified Sonic model. I mean seriously, if you're gonna do a mock up, do it right :lol

LCGeek

formerly sane
Christopher said:
says who?

Says ONM and other sonic sites spewing the line. I'm more inclined to take their word over a media that says no Wii version is ever gonna happen and people on a message board that outside of hate for a low spec machine can't source where the dev/bullshots came from. We don't how they were taken and no one else will verify info besides this but a nintendo oriented place. So what if the resolution is beyond what the system can output didn't change the ass and eye candy that red steel showed at times in the end did it.

Innotech

Banned
Teknoman said:
I cant focus on how it would look in SD or not with that crapified Sonic model. I mean seriously, if you're gonna do a mock up, do it right :lol
well Sonic woulsd obviously look better than that, but Im talking about the environments. that part would look fine if thats how it ends up.

Top Bottom