• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2015

What do you want from Sony's E3?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they ran a really tight ship, 1hr30 mins is the perfect time for this conference. Everything was succinct, they came in, dropped the mic three times and 'won' E3 by having the best conference.

I'm happy at the announcements and I prefer Sony don't shit out all their IPs during the Fall period -- better to parcel them out throughout the year. It's the silver lining here.

Overall I'd say that was an excellent showing by Sony.

I could have done without the Morpheus segment, but I appreciate they kept it limited with what was a must show device for them. The Disney Toys segment was cringe worthy bad, especially the guy doing it.

What excites me most is all the exclusives have me excited and the cross console games I am looking forward to the most have Sony exclusive content for me to enjoy. Icing on it all is the number of other games they could have shown but didn't, so much future ammo it is great (Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 3, FF XV, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Rime, tons of Indies I want)

Best part of it all was the diversity of what they are offering. Instead of 5 versions of shooters, they have nearly all the major genres covered with compelling content.

Console exclusive Hype

Last Guardian - 95
Horizon - 100
No Man Sky - 85
Dreams - 70 (just not confident it can deliver, but if it does +20 hype)
FF7 Redo - 90
World of FF - 75 (not enough known to pump hype yet)
Shenmue 3 - 90
SFV - 70 (not into the game, but will be great I am sure for those who are)
UC4 - 100
No Man's Sky and FF7 are not console exclusive. Just first on PS4

yoplay

Thanks for this well reasoned rebuttal to my opinion. Are you going to fish through my post history next to determine my console "loyalty", or are you disappointed I have and regularly play both an Xbox One and PS4?

Who cares if you have both consoles or not. Just the mere fact that u have to say that u do shows the level of arrogance that u have. The game does not look like shit. I can sit here and defend it, but it would really get me nowhere. I have to leave this thread before these debbie downers just depress the shit out of me.

fantomena

Thanks for this well reasoned rebuttal to my opinion. Are you going to fish through my post history next to determine my console "loyalty", or did you do this already and are you disappointed I have and regularly play both an Xbox One and PS4?

Why do you see TLG as shit?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
装甲悪鬼村正;168285788 said:
No.
This is true for any normal game I'd like to look forward to. Need more than just announcement and CG trailer to get hyped.

However, what you're dealing with here are games that might as well be described as mythical. The mere knowledge that they exist / will be made is obviously enough to make people lose their shit. This is natural. This stuff is magical by default.

well see this is your problem, the weight of your desire is so strong that its fried all your critical faculties. those gifs of the preachers are on point, it may well all be a hoax and a sham, but your desire to believe is enough that you can't properly process the reality of it.

We don't know that about nms.

VwXjUCl.png

Yes we do and we have had for a while.

MisterR

well see this is your problem, the weight of your desire is so strong that its fried all your critical faculties. those gifs of the preachers are on point, it may well all be a hoax and a sham, but your desire to believe is enough that you can't properly process the reality of it.

You probably don't mean to, but you really kind of come off as really dismissive of people and arrogant. You like what you like and other people like what they like. Why does it bother you if people are excited for these games.

Griss

Man, I hate to say it (because it was a great show), but my 3 most hyped things (Everybody's Golf, Gravity Rush 2, and Gran Turismo) didn't actually show up.

Another teaser for a FF7 remake and a kickstarter announcement doesn't cover that up, not to me.

Despite that, most of what they showed was amazing, and it was more than enough to carry them through. Enough that I actually forgot that I didn't see what I was looking forward to, at least until this morning.

This conference was so epic I'm definitely watching the whole thing when I get home from work. Gotta hear the reactions and cheers from the crowd when this shit went down.

-NeoTB1-

Sony hit a home run. Best conference of the show, at least so far. FFVII, TLG, Horizon, Shenmue 3, No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4 (sans the demo issues), etc. They are promoting and delivering the games I want to play.

Windforce

I wasn't impressed with the PS show to be honest the only thing that looked remotely interesting was horizon. TLG, Shenmue and FFVII dont interest me in the slightest. I have both Xbone and PS4 and was hoping to go PS4 only but not on this showing.

Pretty convinced TLG will end up being a disaster.

What's it this army of juniors downplaying how huge this conferente was?

Ok liking the games is subjetive, but you got to admit the conference was stuff of dreams that we long waited for. It was fucking impressive.

Dissapointing show except for Horizon and Uncharted. Unchanged TLG, lots of games more than a year away, minor console exclusivity, kick starter for Shenmue very uninspiring.

5/10

Impulsor

Ok liking the games is subjetive, but you got to admit the conference was stuff of dreams that we long waited for. It was fucking impressive.
I'm a Junior and I'm not downplaying anything.

It was, IMO, the best e3 conference in years.

You know the answer to that man. This was a dream conference don't let the Warriors and Debbie downers get to you.

mekes

When I first signed up here a few years ago there was talk of some big JRPG from Sony Japan. Is that still believed to be true or was it debunked?

The conference was great! It played to the emotions of all of us. The issue is that after the emotion wears off, we are left with a lot of very far off announcements. Other than third party games and some smaller aa games, there really isnt much coming this year.
My only real disappointment is the wait until next year. It would have been nice to get a release date for NMS at the very least.

well see this is your problem, the weight of your desire is so strong that its fried all your critical faculties.
Well yeah, obviously? I think it's kind of unfortunate that there seem to be no games in your life which are able to fry your "critical faculties". It's Shenmue fucking 3, being amazed that the game doesn't seem to need to do much when it comes to convincing people to GET HYPE is rather bizarre.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I really hate when SONY does the huge game montages. The manner in which they are shown is kind of discombobulated and hard to tell what is going on.

I would have liked to see small segments of Shadow of the Beast, Alienation, and smaller scale but more imminent SCE first-party software.

The conference was great! It played to the emotions of all of us. The issue is that after the emotion wears off, we are left with a lot of very far off announcements. Other than third party games and some smaller aa games, there really isnt much coming this year.
My only real disappointment is the wait until next year. It would have been nice to get a release date for NMS at the very least.
When did u ever see an E3 talk about games and new games coming the same year,?

delSai

Did we find out if World of Final Fantasy is made by Level-5? If not, they will probably announce the new game at TGS i guess.

I saw this in a theater and was stunned. I went home and let it all sink in. I'm still stunned. This conference was a wet dream that became a fantasy filled Vegas weekend that ended on the beach of a tropical island. I woke up this morning and had to pinch myself. I don't care if the games are available today or even this year. I want these games. These games make me happy. This is all I asked for and more. I will be buying my third PS4. Why? Because I need one for each megaton

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Man, Call of Duty really needs to get away from that name with all this sci-fi stuff. Used to be a kinda sorta salute to the military, now we got cyborg dudes with transforming gun-arms.

Black Ops III would be more at home being called Vanquish Origins.

Slept on my feelings of the conference and in the morning, I feel even better. Looking at the reaction/GIF thread is such a joy. It's almost hard to believe that all three of the games so many people were looking forward to, including me, were announced.

And even despite that, we got a good showing from MM. UC4 had a fantastic demo and Horizon had a great reveal, with gameplay, that I did not expect.

What an absolutely stellar conference.

yoplay

I really hate when SONY does the huge game montages. The manner in which they are shown is kind of discombobulated and hard to tell what is going on.

I would have liked to see small segments of Shadow of the Beast, Alienation, and smaller scale but more imminent SCE first-party software.

Well there is gamescom and their own presser after that. MS also left some announcements for gamescom as well.

Horizon was best of the Sony show for me, action was intense and had a really cool backstory going for it.

TLG and NMS really failed to impress me as TLG looked dated and too samey to Ico and the NMS demo was pretty bland with generic space-shooting and then scanning a fish (did it have advanced COD AI?!?!). Uncharted 4 looked (and sounded) like Uncharted.

Lack of release dates was kind of a bummer.

pompidu

Really surprised to not see god of war footage. Or sucker punches next game. We know they are developing their respective games.

I don't think that's being cynical, I think it's realistic. Sony really doesn't have shit to sell us this fall, and they had to show *something*, even if TLG looks like shit, Shenmue doesn't exist, and FF7 is a remake of an ancient JRPG. All three games are at least 18 months out, and that's being very generous.

That said, the third party stuff like Fallout 4 and Battlefront is legit; since Sony is the marketshare leader, they can probably coast by this fall. The luxury of being #1, yo.

The "salt" comments are ridiculous, BTW. Some of us here have been playing videogames since the birth of the medium, and there's a maturity that comes along with that (i.e., not all of us break out the lotion and start going to town every time the hype train fires up). Particularly when it comes to Sony announcements; they are not a pub known for short lead times between game announcements and actual releases.

Agreed. There is a high probability that those games will continue to be shown at E3 for the next couple of years. I beleive FF7 just started development in the past few months, and that game needs a full re-tooling not just a fresh coat of paint. Shenmue is targeting late 2017 which is likely aggressive.

TLG just needs to come out already. They are just stringing it along.

Now I'm very interested when we learn new things about god of war 4, gran turismo 7, gravity rush 2 and Sony Bends new game.

I also think they will have an event exclusively for Vr a few months prior to release.
Problem with vr is that you cant show it off in trailers.

Crazy right. It's probably the best conference you're ever likely to see as three games the gaming world wanted to see for the past decade were revealed. You can't realistically top that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom