• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2015

What do you want from Sony's E3?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guerilla

This was a dream conference. I can't believe they made all these announcements, would ANYONE believe a few days ago if we told them that they'll show Shenmue, FFVII remake and Last Guardian altogether?

What really surprised me from Sony devs btw was Horizon, it both looked and seemingly played amazing.

A+ conference, I don't think we'll ever have this amount of serious megatons in a conference ever again.

Tadie

With the PS4 Sony started to listen to their fans and consumers. MS has already started with it since a few month. Nintendo is doing anything......
This was a conference for us!

What's it this army of juniors downplaying how huge this conferente was?

Ok liking the games is subjetive, but you got to admit the conference was stuff of dreams that we long waited for. It was fucking impressive.

I don't think thats possible. Sure you can say I'm not interested in these games but you cannot ignore the impact these announcements hold, especially FF7R.

Man, Call of Duty really needs to get away from that name with all this sci-fi stuff. Used to be a kinda sorta salute to the military, now we got cyborg dudes with transforming gun-arms.

Black Ops III would be more at home being called Vanquish Origins.

It was a really disappointing use of stage time. I get it, CoD is big, but I would have liked Guerilla and Naughty Dog having more time to talk about their showings.

pompidu

Really surprised to not see god of war footage. Or sucker punches next game. We know they are developing their respective games.

Last night Sony conference was probably one of the top 3 best conferences of all time, to me anyway.

It was well paced, fully loaded with kick ass games with actual gameplay and no QTE and some other CG shit, bombs after bombs, surprises and overall great feeling for things to come for Playstation. You could feel the momentum was for Sony yesterday. While MS had a great conference, imo it wasn't comparable to how fully hyped the Sony conference was.

I was blown away all long, 9.5/10 !

Really surprised to not see god of war footage. Or sucker punches next game. We know they are developing their respective games.

GoW is going to be at PSX. I think they confirmed a while back they weren't going to be at E3. Sucker Punch had a game come out last year. I think E3 2015 is a bit early for their next game.

Sony still has the Paris event and PSX for new game announcements (and TGS for Japanese stuff).

This was a dream conference. I can't believe they made all these announcements, would ANYONE believe a few days ago if we told them that they'll show Shenmue, FFVII remake and Last Guardian altogether?

What really surprised me from Sony devs btw was Horizon, it both looked and seemingly played amazing.

A+ conference, I don't think we'll ever have this amount of serious megatons in a conference ever again.

Yeah I agree.

Horizon topped it off. Open-world dinosaur fantasy title, and from one of Sony's first party studios? That alone was better than anything at the MS conference. Seriously.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Watched every conference so far and Sony just dropped the mic.

Opening with the last Guardian

Horizon this is the most amazing game I have seen in a while looks absolutely unbelievable.

SFV People are downplaying how important this single exclusive is.

S mu Kickstarter Goal met in 8 hours.

FFVII Remake A long time coming and it should look phenomenal looks to be either a timed exclusive or a PS4/PC exclusive. Rumor is Sony is dumping money into it just like they are with SFV.

Uncharted 4 Looked amazing and I loved that it was all gameplay seemed very interactive.

Video Streaming this is late but still a nice addition to the system.

Star Wars Battlefront looked amazing might be the best looking multiplat game I have ever seen.

The Arkham Knight bonus mission looked downright creepy in a good way.

One of the best E3 showings I have ever seen and honestly the competition should be in full blown panic mode. Overall Sony has set the bar ridiculously high.

ISee

Yeah I agree.

Horizon topped it off. Open-world dinosaur fantasy title, and from one of Sony's first party studios? That alone was better than anything at the MS conference. Seriously.

Ah come on gears 4 and cuphead looked good. But I agree Horizon is on my radar from now.

Zemm

I don't think that's being cynical, I think it's realistic. Sony really doesn't have shit to sell us this fall, and they had to show *something*, even if TLG looks like shit, Shenmue doesn't exist, and FF7 is a remake of an ancient JRPG. All three games are at least 18 months out, and that's being very generous.

That said, the third party stuff like Fallout 4 and Battlefront is legit; since Sony is the marketshare leader, they can probably coast by this fall. The luxury of being #1, yo.

The "salt" comments are ridiculous, BTW. Some of us here have been playing videogames since the birth of the medium, and there's a maturity that comes along with that (i.e., not all of us break out the lotion and start going to town every time the hype train fires up). Particularly when it comes to Sony announcements; they are not a pub known for short lead times between game announcements and actual releases.

Well said. I was a big FF7 fan when it released and I got to play it, I completed Shenmue 1 & 2 on the Dreamcast, but both announcements aren't exciting when you realise they're a minimum of 3 years away. One is a remake and the other is the continuation of a series whose gameplay was dated super quick. I need to see actually gameplay of both before I can even say I'm interested, let alone excited.

I will say this though, I'm looking forward to the documentary that hopefully eventually comes out abut Shenmue 3's development. More so than the actual game.

Watched every conference so far and Sony just dropped the mic.

Opening with the last Guardian

Horizon this is the most amazing game I have seen in a while looks absolutely unbelievable.

SFV People are downplaying how important this single exclusive is.

S mu Kickstarter Goal met in 8 hours.

FFVII Remake A long time coming and it should look phenomenal looks to be either a timed exclusive or a PS4/PC exclusive. Rumor is Sony is dumping money into it just like they are with SFV.

Uncharted 4 Looked amazing and I loved that it was all gameplay seemed very interactive.

Video Streaming this is late but still a nice addition to the system.

Star Wars Battlefront looked amazing might be the best looking multiplat game I have ever seen.

The Arkham Knight bonus mission looked downright creepy in a good way.

One of the best E3 showings I have ever seen and honestly the competition should be in full blown panic mode. Overall Sony has set the bar ridiculously high.

I want Horizons so bad, it looks amazing!

between that, FF7, division, UC4, battlefront.... my PS4 is gonna get a lot of use this year :D

Rektash

Ah come on gears 4 and cuphead looked good. But I agree Horizon is on my radar from now.

Cuphead indeed looked amazing. Gears 4 didn't impress me at all - and I loved the original trilogy (played through them in local coop with a buddy of mine)

Horizon was a very pleasant surprise indeed. Never expected for this to look this good.

tomhan

Horizon looks fantastic and I'm cautiously optimistic about The Last Guardian. Other than that there wasn't much excitement for me personally in the Sony conference but for that matter the Microsoft conference didn't have much for me either.

The excitement from this E3 is almost exclusively coming from 3rd party games which is actually nice, I'm ready for Fallout 4, Rock Band 4 and the new Rainbow Six. Now if we can just get rid of all the timed exclusive crap that both Microsoft and Sony talk about as if they are doing something great for consumers, it's just obnoxious.

Ithil

I don't think that's being cynical, I think it's realistic. Sony really doesn't have shit to sell us this fall, and they had to show *something*, even if TLG looks like shit, Shenmue doesn't exist, and FF7 is a remake of an ancient JRPG. All three games are at least 18 months out, and that's being very generous.

That said, the third party stuff like Fallout 4 and Battlefront is legit; since Sony is the marketshare leader, they can probably coast by this fall. The luxury of being #1, yo.

The "salt" comments are ridiculous, BTW. Some of us here have been playing videogames since the birth of the medium, and there's a maturity that comes along with that (i.e., not all of us break out the lotion and start going to town every time the hype train fires up). Particularly when it comes to Sony announcements; they are not a pub known for short lead times between game announcements and actual releases.

There must be a better way you can phrase this than that.

I really hate when SONY does the huge game montages. The manner in which they are shown is kind of discombobulated and hard to tell what is going on.

I would have liked to see small segments of Shadow of the Beast, Alienation, and smaller scale but more imminent SCE first-party software.
still two shows left my friend. Paris and PSX are confirmed

I re-watched the conference this morning and I just wanted to take a moment to say how awesome Adam Boyes is. Not only is he doing a fantastic job at Sony, but he's always a joy to watch on stage, and he always comes across as a totally genuine guy, as well as being genuinely passionate about this hobby of ours, and his engagement with the crowd and his sense of humour are great. The checklist he started reeling off after the 1-2-3 megatons of TLG, FFVII and Shenmue 3 actually made me chuckle.

The problem with MS's conference was, compared to Sony's, is that the gameplay demonstrations were lacking.

Halo 5 should have had a bigger stage presence, but really didn't make much of an impression. Tomb Raider was a snore (especially when you compare the demo to what we got with UC4). And Gears 4, which, while it was a fantastic surprise for me to see gameplay, the actual demonstration was lacking.

That, more then anything, Sony nailed over MS's.

pager99

Good conference, I was blown away by horizon the only disappointing thing for me there was no real and it's available now surprise, overall awesome E3 so far

Cuphead looks really awesome but it's not like the PS4 is short of awesome indies, and Gears 4 really did look like the derivative, generic TPS bleh-ness it needed not to be. But at least it was gameplay and not CGI.

Sony's conference was probably the best in E3 history but that doesn't mean MSs was by definition terrible, it obviously wasn't, but I don't think you could say it was one of their good ones either..

Valonquar

Now that I've had a while to calm down with the game trailers from last night... I remember that they announced that PS4 was getting some sort of "Sony Media Player" and that it would support DLNA. The guy made it sound like it was already out, or about to be? Someone TELL ME MORE about this so I can fully retire the PS3.

*edit* google is my co-op player:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/15/media-player-coming-to-ps4/

Gotta DL this tonight and see how it feels. Deserves it's own thread to be sure.

Gears was a black screen for 5 minutes trying to do banter and failing. That didn't capture the original Gears vibe at all.

When will MS learn to let their studios do their own thing instead of shoe-horning them into someone else's franchise that had already been completed, to make a quick buck..

DNAbro

Now that I've had a while to calm down with the game trailers from last night... I remember that they announced that PS4 was getting some sort of "Sony Media Player" and that it would support DLNA. The guy made it sound like it was already out, or about to be? Someone TELL ME MORE about this so I can fully retire the PS3.

it's out, check ps store.

Bliman

Banned
maybe I missed something but where is Gran Turismo?
I thought it would be revealed this E3. Wasn't this in the news leading up to E3?

I would have bet money that Sony dropped the price of PS4 during their show.
Yeah, this and no updated sales numbers surprised me (in a good way), as did Morpheus not getting much time. In fact, outside of the CoD demonstration, there wasn't a moment in the entire conference where I thought "oh, FFS, hurry up and get on with it." Quite unusual for a Sony conference for me.

CoolCat

It's an app available to download on PSN right now. Hell, i think it was already sittnig at my dashboard when i booted up my Ps4 earlier today!

vypek

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/16/media-player-launches-on-ps4-today/

I think it should be available to download. Should already be on your XMB/Dash and when you select it, it should download

MSI

Banned
Man the E3 bingo on this thread was way off . . . almost none of it happened.

How about that poll though! Almost all of it happened!!!! No 40min of Powers season 2 though :-<

Well, Infamous Second Son only came out 16 months ago (and First Light was 10 months ago), so SP are unlikely to have anything new for release before probably early 2017, and Corey Barlog returned to SSM in August 2013, so the next God of War has been in development for less than two years. I reckon that will be early 2017 as well, and will probably be their big reveal at PSX this year (although I'd rather wait for a substantial reveal at E3 next year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom