• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is GiantBomb eating crow about?

They have been saying forever now that Sony would follow suit. They have been really dismissive on this whole thing, essentially saying we have to suck it up.

On the reaction video to Microsoft's policies yesterday they said flat out Sony will do everything the same, because they have no choice.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
They have been saying forever now that Sony would follow suit. They have been really dismissive on this whole thing, essentially saying we have to suck it up.

On the reaction video to Microsoft's policies yesterday they said flat out Sony will do everything the same, because they have no choice.
I cant wait for the conference. Crow will be delicious.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

But that doesn't really make any sense though. Sony does have a choice.

If fairness they didn't all say that, Brad said it and Jeff agreed, Patrick said it would be awesome if Sony don't do the same as MS.

Izick

kGEN3KM.jpg

IT WAS WII, AUSTIN! IT WAS WII ALL ALONG!.

I think they said that about the fee and restrictions on personal selling and used games. all we've heard is about the online pricing, right?

But that doesn't really make any sense though. Sony does have a choice.

The belief is that Sony has to do what publishers say or else they won't be supported. But that ignores the fact that it's highly unlikely that those publishers could drop PS4 support and still bring in the type of money that's expected of them. Third party games sell a ton on Playstation consoles.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Someone said it before, might have been Gopher but it deserves to be said again. People gota remember that this E3 isn't just gonna be about driveclub/infamous/ and one or two other games. They will mention stuff that is far as fuck. We all know sony has no problems with doing that. We could see some potentially really big stuff that won't be out till late 2014 or even 2015.

So Uncharted 4 is a go for E3.

Probably Santa Monica's new game.

I remember that guy from the EGM podcasts

He is a super big Playstation fan, he loves MGS and Final Fantasy. Since FF15 is Normura's game, I am betting he saw FF15

edit: forgot to mention, he is a big Nomura fan, he didn't care about FF12

Loudninja

Oh hell, I need to turn on some tunes!

I do imagine there will be features you can pay for. Hell I do pay $50 a year for ps+ and it has become a service I'm happy with. Please don't look up my posts when it came out.
Yeah Kagari says you have to pay for Gaikai of course.

Not exactly. Jeff didn't seem too happy about it, neither did Patrick. Vinny was confused and Brad came in on it late. And they said Sony would follow suit in terms of DRM...we only got confirmation about online play.

so don't serve the crow yet or at all because they didn't say anything.

Just because they aren't bugging out doesn't mean they support or like this stuff

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Tinfoil distrust of businessmen, I'd guess.

I mean, it makes absolutely no sense, but I can see where people are coming from.

The belief is that Sony has to do what publishers say or else they won't be supported. But that ignores the fact that it's highly unlikely that those publishers could drop PS4 support and still bring in the type of money that's expected of them. Third party games sell a ton on Playstation consoles.
Sony would also have to consider the effect DRM/no used games would have on their two biggest markets. Not to mention the legislative hassles they'd have to go through. Sony has much more incentive not to implement DRM/no used games policies than otherwise. Publishers would have indeed brought it up to Sony, and they may have indeed considered it, but recent events have me much more hopeful of this not being the case.
I think I had watched that video partly. I didn't quite understand the way the issue was dismissed as being okay, just because Sony might, eventually, also do it, at some point. The information that's currently available to us suggests the opposite.

Levito

Banned
kGEN3KM.jpg

IT WAS WII, AUSTIN! IT WAS WII ALL ALONG!.

BAH GAWD KEIGHLEY, KAZ JUST STUNNERED MIYAMOTO, THE CARNAGE!!! BALLMER WITH A CHAIR SHOT FROM BEHIND, KAZ IS OUTNUMBERED... WHO CAN HELP KAZ?

*Music hits*

IF YA SMELL, WHAT TRETTON, IS COOKIN'

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Are any of you calling in sick for E3? I don't think I'll be very productive on the 10th.
Kind of. I had to schedule a dentist appointment a few weeks ago and decided, fuck it, why not ask if they have the 10'th available? They did. :)

So now I'll be sitting on my bed in my pajamas with a swollen mouth trying not to scream at my TV during the press conferences. Awesome.

daoster

IF, and I say, IF the rumors of a $429 model and $529 model of the PS4 is true, then for their sake, I hope they take a page out of Apple's playbook and promote the cheapest option as the "main" version. Hell, don't even mention the $529 model at the conference, just mention it in the press release.

I'm of the opinion that ALL versions will come with the Eye Camera...it's not like this is a special camera like the Kinect, and its parts should be relatively cheap and won't add significantly to the cost like Kinect does.

salromano

It's probably easier to try to list who -isn't- listed here, lol.

That's a lot less than there actually are. This is the official list:

Sony said:
Japan (45)

Acquire Corp.
Arc System Works Co.,Ltd.
Artdink Corporation
ASCII Media Works Inc.
Bethesda Softworks, LLC
Capcom
Crafts & Meister Co.,Ltd.
Chara-Ani Corporation
CyberConnect2 Co.,Ltd.
D3 Publisher Inc.
Dimps Corporation
Electronic Arts Inc.
FromSoftware, Inc.
Ganbarion Co., Ltd.
Grasshopper Manufacture Inc.
Gust Co.,Ltd.
Genki Co., Ltd.
Granzella Inc.
GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc.
Idea Factory Co., Ltd.
Imageepoch Inc.
Index Corp.(Atlus)
Kadokawa Games,Ltd.
Kadokawa Shoten Co., Ltd.
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Level-5 Inc.
Mages. Inc.
Marvelous AQL Inc.
Namco Bandai Games Inc.
Namco Bandai Studios Inc.
Nihon Falcom Corporation
Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
O-Two inc. (peakvox)
Platinum Games Inc.
Sega Corporation
Spike Chunsoft Co.,Ltd.
Square Enix Co., Ltd.
SystemSoft Alpha Corp.
Tecmo Koei Games Co.,Ltd.
Tose Co., Ltd.
Ubisoft Entertainment
Will Co.,Ltd.
Xing Inc.
Yuke’s Co.,Ltd.
tri-Ace Inc.

Asia (4)

BLUESIDE Inc.
Ratloop Asia Pte Ltd
Red Hare Studios
XPEC Entertainment Inc.

North America (47)

5th Cell Media LLC
17-Bit
Activision Publishing, Inc.
Armature Studios
Behaviour Interactive
Bethesda Softworks, LLC
Blind Squirrel Games
Certain Affinity, Inc.
Darkside Game Studios, Inc.
Devolver Digital
Disney
Double Fine Productions, Inc.
Double Helix Games
DrinkBox Studios Inc.
Edge of Reality, Inc.
Electronic Arts Inc.
FarSight Studios
Gaijin Games, Inc.
Gearbox Software
HB Studios Multimedia
Heavy Iron Studios, Inc.
High Voltage Software, Inc.
Iron Galaxy Studios, LLC
JETPACK Interactive Entertainment Ltd.
Klei Entertainment Inc.
Lab Zero, Inc
LucasArts, a Lucasfilm Ltd. company
Metanet Software Inc
Minority Media Inc.
Nicalis, Inc
Panic Button, LLC
Psyonix Studios, Inc.
Slant Six Games
Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Spark Unlimited
Spry Fox LLC
SuperVillain Studios
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Telltale, Inc.
Tribute Games Inc.
Turtle Rock Studios, Inc.
Ubisoft Entertainment
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
WayForward Technologies, Inc.
Zombie Studios, LLC
inXile Entertainment Inc.
vBlank Entertainment Inc.

Europe / PAL (30)

2K Games
Avalanche Studios
Blitz Games Studios
Bohemia Interactive
CD Projekt RED
Climax Studios
Codemasters
Creative Assembly
Criterion Games
Deep Silver
Ghost Games – An EA Studio
Hello Games
IO Interactive
Just Add Water (Developments), Ltd.
Lucid Games Ltd
MercurySteam
Ninja Theory Ltd
Nixxes Software BV
Paradox Interactive
Rebellion
Saber Interactive
Splash Damage
Stainless Games Ltd
Starbreeze Studios
Sumo Digital
TT Games
Team 17 Digital LTD
Yager
Zen Studios
keen games

StuBurns

Banned
Just to be clear, I didn't literally mean every single third party. If someone find one that's not actually signed on, I won't be blushing. I mean EA, Activision, Ubisoft and TakeTwo all have PS4 games coming.

Violater

These lists mean nothing until the actual games are released, similar to non launch title announcements. I will not be making my purchase based on games that might become Vaporware. Look at the games that were announced for PS3 that people are hoping will be shown next week.

It´s time for Sony to let the cat our of the bag. As awful MS´s xbone policies are at least they cleared the air.

Don`t disappoint, Sony. If i hear periodic online checks, i will lose all interest for the ps4 too.

zeopower6

These lists mean nothing until the actual games are released, similar to non launch title announcements. I will not be making my purchase based on games that might become Vaporware. Look at the games that were announced for PS3 that people are hoping will be shown next week.

Well, there were issues. :| It's not like it happened with that many games anyway.

It´s time for Sony to let the cat ou the bag. As awful MS´s xbone policies are at least they cleared the air.

Don`t disappoint, Sony. If i hear periodic online checks, i will lose all interest for the ps4 too.

they have already confirmed it many times. no periodic online checks on PS4. These always on, infinite power of the cloud rumors were never associated with PS4

I"m a little confused about the Gakai news - would this fee be on *top* of PS+ or included with the service?

my guess is different paid service as opposed to ps+ addition

you pay ps+ for discounts and free games.

gaikai will require it's own income to pay for the server cost etc.

edit: unless if they increase ps+ price or make a new tier subscription for ps+

Ashes

Banned
It's probably easier to try to list who -isn't- listed here, lol.

That list includes Platinum who is working on bayonetta 2, and that is coming exclusively to wiiu. I wonder what they are working on for ps4?

I do love that Sony are listed there. As are SOE.

Izick

BAH GAWD KEIGHLEY, KAZ JUST STUNNERED MIYAMOTO, THE CARNAGE!!! BALLMER WITH A CHAIR SHOT FROM BEHIND, KAZ IS OUTNUMBERED... WHO CAN HELP KAZ?

*Music hits*

IF YA SMELL, WHAT TRETTON, IS COOKIN'

Welp, now I'm off to watch late 90's WWF episodes until E3 on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom