• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

gI2xGJT.png

so, this is basically CVG saying Sony has no used game policy, since Kevin Butler does not exist?

I think the stuff they have done post-Butler have been great, as much as I liked the Butler character I think they should continue with what they are doing now. Although if that rumor happened it would be hilarious.

There are so many really frustrated devs at the moment who will be trying to gain attention for some damn amazing work over the next few days, and its getting drowned in (justifiably) negative shit.

If the industry decides to allow corporate wanks to throw handbags at 10 paces, then let them. Let's remember what makes us excited about working and playing in this field. Hype it up!

And let Nomura's Return be EPIC :)
Don't mess with my emotions Gopher.

xaosslug

I don't think KB exists anymore since they sued the actor that plays him. Of course they could just hire someone else to do it. But i'm not sure if they'd do that.

it would be awesome if Sony plays this up, and has a skit involving Kevin Butler at the conference...

B.O.O.M

44 CONFIRMED GAMES UNTIL NOW
It's missing DCUO and PS2! List is impressive so far. Lots of games and variety

Does anyone know what the sound of 2500 jaws hitting the floor at the same time sounds like?

You soon will.

Hopefully only for good reasons!

What the hell? I leave for 15 minutes and you brought the place down already, Bird?

A man, both wise and weathered, stood up in front of you all and said...

"Let nothing come between the platform and the joy of play"

AWESOME!

Like I said, lots of people will be eating a fat juicy crow.

Of course in a good way.

Looks forward to it :D

man this thread..this thread...reading the posts is like a roller coaster ride of emotions lol

oh and Bungie is keeping the hype going

968855_447400002021976_473626704_n.jpg

Yea that KB skit would be the greatest shot anyone has ever dealt in videogame history as far as I know. It would be a serious blow to the Xbone if aired regularly on TV like the past KB ads. I don't believe it though. Hope I'm surprised.

witness

I can just imagine Sony bringing the fucking house down right away to start the show saying, PS4 is the place where you can play online or offline, new or used, however you want to play, whenever you want to play. Thats all it would take, everyone would eat up whatever they have after that. Then you roll out the exclusives one after another for the next 2 hours.

i_want_to_believe.jpg

The best solution for Sony is IMO keep it on a game by game basis. Screw a 24 hour check. IF a pub wants DRM have it require a check on boot but only on a game by game basis so I can still play games that dont require that check if my internet is down.

A no DRM solution would be the best solution for consumers but I just dont see that happening.

God I really wonder what Sonys system is. If they dont have something they are shooting themselves in the foot but if they do have something they are shooting themselves in the other foot. I just hope its a better system then the always on mess of the One.

If they dont have answers at E3 we are going to see a lot of very awkward interviews.

Sykra

Not sure how relevant this is or accurate but the Playstation Croatia site linked towards an official sony reseller here with a voucher code.

ps_voucher_01.jpg

It says on the bottom that the expected price of the ps4 is 3999kn (or 529euros). Even though electronics tend to be overpriced here, we will be in the european union then which should mean price parity. It also states that it will release holiday 2013 here as well.

The best solution for Sony is IMO keep it on a game by game basis. Screw a 24 hour check. IF a pub wants DRM have it require a check on boot but only on a game by game basis so I can still play games that dont require that check if my internet is down.

A no DRM solution would be the best solution for consumers but I just dont see that happening.

God I really wonder what Sonys system is. If they dont have something they are shooting themselves in the foot but if they do have something they are shooting themselves in the other foot. I just hope its a better system then the always on mess of the One.

If they dont have answers at E3 we are going to see a lot of very awkward interviews.

They've confirmed PS4 can be totally offline, so there won't be any 24 hour checks. They do have a patent on disc based DRM though.

Zep

Banned

Leave it into the hands of the 3rd party developers and promise that none of their 1st party titles will have DRM. Sounds like the best solution.

If they don't have answers, then that'd be really dumb. Everything would probably just result into what is going on now for the Xbox One. The longer they take, I think the more bad publicity and hate will be gathered.

There was a thread here earlier today about PS4 rumours involving multiple SKUs and DRM tings, but it got locked. Was it because the rumours were debunked?

Not sure how relevant this is or accurate but the Playstation Croatia site linked towards an official sony reseller here with a voucher code.

ps_voucher_01.jpg

It says on the bottom that the expected price of the ps4 is 3999kn (or 529euros). Even though electronics tend to be overpriced here, we will be in the european union then which should mean price parity. It also states that it will release holiday 2013 here as well.

"Expected price" is surely no different than placeholder prices on Amazon etc.?

i-Lo

There was a thread here earlier today about PS4 rumours involving multiple SKUs and DRM tings, but it got locked. Was it because the rumours were debunked?

It wasn't because of DRM whose details are still hazy. Rather it had to do with misinformation that was being spread about blocking basic online play behind pay wall.

Sykra

"Expected price" is surely no different than placeholder prices on Amazon etc.?

I suppose it is, but considering it is the sony center store, and also linked by the official playstation page here i figured might as well post it. Especially because i read of a 429/529 euro rumor earlier on this forum somewhere.

StuBurns

Banned
I know it's a little childish, but I'm so happy Destiny isn't exclusive, because Bungie was ultimately the only reason to own a 360 to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom