• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
box_2emupb.jpg

This is fucking slick.

How do you fellow PS fans feel about Insomniac making a Xbox exclusive game? I was always more of a Naughty Dog and Ape Escape fan so it doesn't bother me much.

I wouldn't care. It was a better move for them to outright buy Sucker Punch and Media Molecule and that's exactly what they did.

LuuKyK

I really love the black color for game boxes (see Bravely Default in Japan). I would LOVE if Sony went that way. I doubt though.

Soriku

Not too big of a fan of the blue. Black is good and seems to fit with everything. I like the blue PS logo though.

This is what will happen

- Show starts with the console reveal and a price discussion. Start the show on a positive note.
- More discussion of online network initiatives
- inFamous on-stage demo
- Ready At Dawn IP stage demo
- Square Enix shows off rebranded Versus XIII as FFXV
- Centrepiece ten minute MGS5 trailer
- Centrepiece trailer for new Uncharted
- New Santa Monica Stig IP unveiled
- Ueda on stage demo showing first gameplay of the Last Guardian on PS4
- A final "one last surprise" show stopper before the end

I'm hoping we see Media Molecule. Their presence at the PS4 unveiling was extremely confusing. I don't even know if they are making a new game yet

I think we will see a lot of new second party partners

360 and PS3 are already better than Big Picture Mode. Keep that shit away from the consoles.
Imagining that their next-gen system UI doesn't trump BPM is ludicrous.

I'm a fan of games and it's a next-gen console reveal. Adding "ONLY ON PLAYSTATION" is like putting Ballmer on your avatar in February.

Big Picture Mode is a good UI that works fine with a controller just as well as ps3 (actually the new PSN has significant lag when navigating menus). Are you calling anyone who thinks otherwise "ludicrous"? Big Picture Mode is "shit"? Wow.

I think people confused what Media Molecule's presentation was about. They were showcasing creativity in gaming. The tools that they showed were not the game, but a tool that you'll be able to use within a game. I thought it was pretty obvious, but people apparently thought that Media Molecule is working on a sculpting simulator. Baffling.

I think people confused what Media Molecule's presentation was about. They were showcasing creativity in gaming. The tools that they showed were not the game, but a tool that you'll be able to use within a game. I thought it was pretty obvious, but people apparently thought that Media Molecule is working on a sculpting simulator. Baffling.

It was illogical showing a tool within a game without actually showing what the game is, though. Maybe if it was a GDC presentation or something, but not on the main stage of the PS4 reveal

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Big Picture Mode is a good UI that works fine with a controller just as well as ps3 (actually the new PSN has significant lag when navigating menus). Are you calling anyone who thinks otherwise "ludicrous"? Big Picture Mode is "shit"? Wow.
I don't call you ludicrous. Well except for now, as you must not be reading my post right.

I'm saying that BPM is full of issues. This isn't even a controversial opinion. The people using it at Giant Bomb said just last week how much worse it is compared to what they expected for an interface that you are supposed to be able to control with a gamepad.

I agree that it's "fine", just like little Bobby is "fine" at playing baseball in little league and a good first effort. The good thing about is that Valve has historically iterated on things faster than any of the big three.

My statement is clear: 360 Dashboard and PS3's XMB both trump it. To think that PS4 would create a worse interface than the one they already employ is a dumb opinion to hold.

The PSN store does lag, yeah. You think they won't have that fixed with 8-16x more powerful hardware?

RiverBed

Banned
This is what will happen

- Show starts with the console reveal and a price discussion. Start the show on a positive note.
- inFamous on-stage demo

I'm hoping we see Media Molecule. Their presence at the PS4 unveiling was extremely confusing. I don't even know if they are making a new game yet

I think the price and launch date will be closing the show.

As for MM, they clearly said that what they showed was NOT a game. Their whole presence was to talk about abstract possibilities and new ideas. I hope they keep developing that and join what the London Studio is doing/used to do: experiment. London is where Eyetoy came out (and later Move), IIANM (if I am not mistaken).

that Black case is one of the moments you really hope the GAF > World > GAF would be true, but I'm afraid these things have long been decided

Well, as Angelus Errare said earlier, they're going to have to do something other than the clear cases because those would be easily confused with the PS3 cases on the shelves. And after the criticism the Wii U has received for creating confusion among customers, i'd think that Sony knows that they don't want to do the same thing. Black would be a good choice, and it'd be something that'd instantly stand out on shelves.

I don't think we will see ND just yet.

I think we will.

It's been nearly 2 years since Uncharted 3.

In that same time frame, UC3 was almost finished.

I think Sony has to show a teaser from ND at their first big E3 event for PS4...ND was present for PS3's reveal E3 back in 2005 afterall.

I don't expect a stage demo or anything, but certainly a nice trailer or teaser that shows a glimpse of what they're capable of with next-gen.

Well, as Angelus Errare said earlier, they're going to have to do something other than the clear cases because those would be easily confused with the PS3 cases on the shelves. And after the criticism the Wii U has received for creating confusion among customers, i'd think that Sony knows that they don't want to do the same thing. Black would be a good choice, and it'd be something that'd instantly stand out on shelves.

plus it has a real premium look to it, Sony if your reading this

box_2emupb.jpg
<---this is the PS4 case, don't think about it, just do it

Loudninja

I think we will.

I think Sony has to show a teaser from ND at their first big E3 event for PS4...ND was present for PS3's reveal E3 back in 2005 afterall.

I don't expect a stage demo or anything, but certainly a nice trailer or teaser that shows a glimpse of what they're capable of with next-gen.
Ehhhh they are releasing a title E3 week.

I just dont see it.

I think we will.

ND has been unveiling their titles at the VGA's recently. Uncharted 2, 3 and TLoU were all unveiled there.

Ehhhh they are releasing a title E3 week.

I just dont see it.

By a different team

ND has been unveiling their titles at the VGA's recently. Uncharted 2, 3 and TLoU were all unveiled there.

Yeah, but they unveiled UC2 and UC3 a year after their predecessors.

It's been nearly two years. They have something to show.

And this is a console transition, so it's a much bigger deal than the VGAs.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I wonder if Sony will hold anything back to show at Gamescom or TGS. Keep a steady stream of announcements for the upcoming events. They usually have a pretty big showing at Gamescom.

I wonder if Sony will hold anything back to show at Gamescom or TGS. Keep a steady stream of announcements for the upcoming events. They usually have a pretty big showing at Gamescom.

maybe for TGS, seeing how drasically different the market is over there, I excpect Vita to be just as big as PS4 this year in Japan

how gamescom will probably be just expansions on everything they talk about at E3 with more focus on more Euro oriented experiences, like GT6 will only have a trailer at E3 while at Gamescom there will be actual gameplay/feature talk, Killzone will follow the usual sinlgeplayer at E3, first glimpse of multi at Gamescom, etc. I don't expect any new announcements at Gamescom though

TheHater

This is what will happen

- inFamous on-stage demo

Taking two shots of vodka for this now :)

AmanoBuff

I have a feeling Sony wont go with a black system again, it may cause confusion with the PS3.

Black is by far the most popular (and thus, safest) color for entertainment consoles. What will set the PS4 clearly apart from the PS3 imo is its design, which I expect to be more "squareish/angular". Perhaps not unlike the model we saw on that YouTube video a few days ago.

gadwn

This is what will happen

- inFamous on-stage demo

High hopes, you got. But I like the way you are thinking, this would pretty much be my dream E3 presser. They should end with the Last Guardian though!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
As long as the case is black they could always do cleaner reversible covers...

Btw, I think Uncharted series is done. I just have a weird feeling we're getting two new IP's from ND.

Pistolero

Gosh, if they ever announce The Last Guardian, I'm gonna run naked on the streets of Montreal, get on my knees, and blow the first stranger whose crouch will be accessible. I'm a bit drunk right now so I hope I won't be doing it tonight because of the demon alcohol..Hehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom