• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

killzoneblackqwu0p.png

If those are the actual cases...Cool!

The presentation ended with a trailer showing racing, and most of the images show racing. They just seemed to be emphasizing that they're going to put a big focus on the first person aspect in the game, which is apparent in the footage they showed

amgz07.gif

It might not mean anything if you don't drive in the cockpit view, but for those that do it could end up being the most immersive first person view in a racing game.

Good, I love cockpit view. Dat immersion.
Save the car body shots for replay videos.

Ark

Guys...what if they make the PS4 white?

Not happening since the revealed controller was black, but again, I can dream :(

Raoh

I'm sure Insomniac could have benefited under the supervision of SCEWWS with all of the shared assets and connections.

Not sure about this, but I fully expect SOE to have a bigger presence on the PS4 than the PS3. Starting with PlanetSide 2, and maybe a revival of The Agency.

I do too.

I also hope The Agency gets another chance. They mentioned a lot of what we are expecting from Watch Dogs. one of the coolest things I recall was being at work in a meeting and getting a text or app alert that one of your NPC agents were abducted and held for ransom. You had to on the spot or within a time limit decide to pay the ransom or leave him for dead which would alter your character and agency when you got home and sync'd up.

So many cool ideas, gone nowhere.

Zoator

That is still not correct. PS3 is Netflix largest user base. We will see come E3.

You don't seem to understand. I'm not arguing that people don't use media functions on these consoles, or that people won't buy them as a media hub when they can pick one up for $200. However if you honestly believe that someone is going to buy a $500 piece of hardware for the express purpose of watching Netflix or using similar services that can be used on devices currently on the market for $49-99, then I really don't know what to say. I'm not saying that Sony won't mention these features or use them as support, but your suggestion that they will emphasize them above games as the primary selling point of their new PlayStation game console is just laughable.

macewank

That is still not correct. PS3 is Netflix largest user base. We will see come E3.

They'll probably touch on it, but the "Netflix" crowd isn't going to buy this console at launch. They won't spend any great deal of time highlighting the media functions of the console because their target audience at launch is gamers.

macewank

Have Sony ever launched two coloured sku's at the same time before?

Not at launch, and I would not expect that to change with this gen either.

Changing the color of the console actually requires some significant work be done in the mfg process, so under the assumption that Sony is going to try and get as many of these things out as humanly possible I don't see them taking the extra time to do colors just yet.

tusken77

The presentation ended with a trailer showing racing, and most of the images show racing. They just seemed to be emphasizing that they're going to put a big focus on the first person aspect in the game, which is apparent in the footage they showed

amgz07.gif

It might not mean anything if you don't drive in the cockpit view, but for those that do it could end up being the most immersive first person view in a racing game.

Agreed. I have a feeling DriveClub is going to be something special.

amgz07.gif

my only, only gripe about that scene is that the dashboard and meters and all are lit up before the driver turns the key.

Then what the fuck is next-gen for?

you seem really upset? no co op campaign doesn't rule out co-op capability for SP.

amgz07.gif

Imagine that with oculus. wow

Sleepy

sure, but it takes time for devs to get familiar with the systems and build their engines. and especially launch titles can't have been in the works for more than 3 years max if even that.

Sure, but it seems like they should have this stuff in place...especially since they are features of this gen. Progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom