• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
well they compare it to the playstation meeting in february and say once again the focus will be on ps4. at the meeting they didn't have much vita stuff either other than the connectivity mention. i love my vita and am hoping they play up the connectivity side or have a lot of games for it so we shall see i guess.

Of course, but the PS Meeting was specifically for the PS4. They'll obviously talk about the PS3 and the Vita at E3 since it's about all of their products. But as Kagari said, E3 has to be focused on the PS4 for the most part. They're launching it this year against the next Xbox and against Nintendo's power lineup. They've got to keep the momentum that they've picked up so far.

Salaadin

Starting to feel like last years false hope but Im expecting a half decent showing for the Vita this time around. Obviously, PS4 will be the star but I am expecting some good Vita related announcements.

Im probably wrong.

tusken77

cernyhyhjdjn8.gif

Don't you just want to spend a weekend in the woods with this magnificent man?

rVO9cnL.jpg

62rl8lh.jpg

AmanoBuff

Starting to feel like last years false hope but Im expecting a half decent showing for the Vita this time around. Obviously, PS4 will be the star but I am expecting some good Vita related announcements.

Im probably wrong.

I have no idea about any specific announcements besides the known FF X/X-2 for Vita and the rumored (by IGN) God of War Vita. But as long as Vita gets 15 - 20 solid minutes (without counting Remote Play stuff), I'll consider myself happy.

I have no idea about any specific announcements besides the known FF X/X-2 for Vita and the rumored (by IGN) God of War Vita. But as long as Vita gets 15 - 20 solid minutes (without counting Remote Play stuff), I'll consider myself happy.

If GoW Vita in in development it's going to be interesting to see who the developer is. Ready at Dawn are rumored to be working on a PS4 title, so they won't be making the next one. Sony Santa Monica seems unlikely as well, but you never know. In some ways this is a perfect opportunity to let Platinum (seriously) try their hand at the series.

RiverBed

Banned
McDonald's late boss* gave a fantastic business advice: "take care of your customers, and business will take care of its self".

*The person who bought the name and turned it to what the franchise is to day.

HardRojo

Any chance of the conference being available to watch immediately the live stream finished? I'll get home 2 hours after it starts so I'm pretty sure I'll either catch it when it's ending or when it's already finished.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Any chance of the conference being available to watch immediately the live stream finished? I'll get home 2 hours after it starts so I'm pretty sure I'll either catch it when it's ending or when it's already finished.

Usually GameTrailers has it.

nope, it's going to at least 5 or 6 hours for them to upload the full conference.

If GoW Vita in in development it's going to be interesting to see who the developer is. Ready at Dawn are rumored to be working on a PS4 title, so they won't be making the next one. Sony Santa Monica seems unlikely as well, but you never know. In some ways this is a perfect opportunity to let Platinum (seriously) try their hand at the series.

My bet would be on Sony Bend, although they're most likely working on another Uncharted title or possibly Syphon Filter if Sony care about that IP anymore.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
yup. same here I don't want to hear a word on ps3. or max 5 min if they must. I say save vita and ps3 for gamescom.
Might not be realistic but this is how I feel too. There's still so much to talk about with ps4, I don't want to waste time on ps3 stuff.

I saw so many new faces at the PS Meeting. I'd like to see more of Cerny and House.

House will definitely be there as he should be the one to unveil the PS4 design. Cerny being there will probably depend on whether or not Knack is live demoed or if they want to talk more about the tech behind the console.

Some of you guys have very unrealistic expectations. Here´s how the conference most likely will go:

Montage 2-3 minutes
Blah blah Playstation history/family 10-15 minutes
PS4 box showed 5 minutes
PS4 OS functionality/layout etc.... 15-20 minutes
PSN features subscription tiers explained 10-15 minutes
PS4 media functions/partnerships apps 20-30 minutes
PS4 games that we already saw demoed except Killzone since it´s already demoed 15-20 minutes
More first party games showed 15-20 minutes
SE FF15 megaton/trailer/gameplay trailer 5 minutes
TLG PS4 new trailer/gameplay trailer 3-5 minutes
Planetside 2 + blah blah free to play games will be prominent on the PS4 5-10 minutes
Some third party megaton/partnership/games 20 minutes

That´s already 2 hours, and if the lowest minutes counts taken PS3 will get 20 minutes Vita 15 minutes (very optimistic Vita prediction).

Anyhow, anyone who thinks that Sony conference will only about games without a lengthy show on social features/apps/media functions is out of their mind. Those will at least have 30 minutes at the conference. There´s no way Sony will allow MS to run away as a media hub box games all in one while PS4 is seen as an expensive new toy that play games.
Games were center at the announcement so E3 will be focused a lot on media features.
Most of the stuff there won't take nearly as long as you describe. 5 minutes showing the box? What are they going to give everyone in the audience a chance to hold it? 15 minutes about Playstation history? 55 minutes about the OS, subscription pricing and media partnerships? They've already described much of the OS, pricing is one slide and media partnerships will most likely be one slide with a whole bunch of logos on it

A lot of games will be shown in back to back one minute trailers as we saw with PS3s unveiling IMO

THE:MILKMAN

Sony's biggest problem is the amount of stuff they have to cram into the remaining 6 months before launch.

They started talking PS3 (Cell) at E3 2004 to give an idea of how slow baked that was in comparison.(accepting the delays)

Yes, you don't remember them showing a trailer for inFamous 2 during their E3 2011 conference?
Please, that was the least content ready press conference they had all gen. They had a focus on a Bioshock game that would never exist, Dust 514 which nobody cared about after, a 3DTV, Ruin for Vita which still hasn't come out. The whole thing was padded beyond belief

This conference won't need such padding

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Anyone got links to sites that will stream the Sony conference and the official website for Sony's E3 hub?

i-Lo

yup. same here I don't want to hear a word on ps3. or max 5 min if they must. I say save vita and ps3 for gamescom.

They will definitely talk about Vita and they should. As for PS3, I expect them to take a short stroll down the memory lane and talk about its accomplishments.

Common to both, PSV and PS3 will be the announcement of price cuts and new games, especially, GT6 for PS3 that'll echo the message of the decade long support Sony promised at the start of the generation.

GopherD

They have more PS4 trailer footage than time to allocate. If they show any PS3/Vita games at the main conference, I would be surprised.

i-Lo

They have more PS4 trailer footage than time to allocate. If they show any PS3/Vita games at the main conference, I would be surprised.

The beaver has hath his ears to the ground I see. Well then, the more time for ps4 the better, although I wouldn't count out a 15-20 minute segment for PSV and PS3 including the talk of much needed price cuts.

Ueda is out, and the team hasn't shipped a game since 2005. The argument that they're just thirty guys or whatever is long passed being true, and even if it was, it'd be long passed being viable.

They're done as soon as TLG is.

well Sony's added guys from other teams now to finish the game off, but yeah previously it was a very small team. If it takes hundreds of people 4 years to churn out MGS4 or the first assassin's creed then it makes sense why its taken Team ICO so long. plus like i said, moving over to PS4 2 years ago changes things.

I do think there is a possibility of Team ICO being gone, but we'll see I guess. At the least they will want to retain the talent, move them to other teams maybe. It would be interesting if they tried to make Team ICO bigger permanently.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I think the ps3 and vita releases will be revealed in the week's leading up to e3 rather than e3 itself. They have been doing that for a while now. The press conference will be dedicated to the ps4. I'd say 20 to 30 minutes of non ps4 content at the press conference, tops.

I think the ps3 and vita releases will be revealed in the week's leading up to e3 rather than e3 itself. They have been doing that for a while now. The press conference will be dedicated to the ps4. I'd say 20 to 30 minutes of non ps4 content at the press conference, tops.
nothing to say about the ps3 at this point. they can show the games at their booth

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I like what I'm reading. Give us a small, subtle hint about one of the PS4 footage please if possible. I'm also hoping for some decent sized, PS4 stage dev walkthroughs.

ReaperXL7

I think it may depend. If the hints and rumors are true that the vita will have a good showing at E3, and if Shahids mystery game is going to be shown I think the Vita will have a place during the conference. I also think theu woll continue to plug remote play on stage aswell. Im still skeptical about the whole thing honestly, but I hope all this teasing actually leads somewhere, and they dont just put it in a corner again like they did last year.

Ps3 I do think will be absent, or very close to it and I think GT6 being unveiled prior is a big sign on that, they may do a montage and be done with it. My hope currently if information is true , is that Sony will focus on Vita, and PS4. Only three weeks left until we find out.

Globox_82

Banned
I like what I'm reading. Give us a small, subtle hint about one of the PS4 footage please if possible. I'm also hoping for some decent sized, PS4 stage dev walkthroughs.
I think we are going to see plenty of demos and trailers. its a no brainer. But if gopher knows something....

Yea, that was a mixture of cornball, misleading illusions and arrogance. With Cerny on board, I hope we see a much needed improvement and transparency.

We've already benefited from his presence hugely. Not only has he built what appears to be the perfect gaming console (at least from what we've seen and heard from developers), he's also delivering what is at the very least an extremely promising game in Knack. I also love his presenting style. He seems so enthused. I guess that's what happens when it's your baby.

I think we are going to see plenty of demos and trailers. its a no brainer. But if gopher knows something....

I'll be eating every single trailer up, but it's the hands-on impressions from the game media that I'm most interested to hear about. I will be soaking up all the gameplay impression videos I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom