• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

Please, that was the least content ready press conference they had all gen. They had a focus on a Bioshock game that would never exist, Dust 514 which nobody cared about after, a 3DTV, Ruin for Vita which still hasn't come out. The whole thing was padded beyond belief

This conference won't need such padding

Padding? They want to sell games. They'll have millions of people watching them live, of course they'll use their time to promote The Last of Us.

They have more PS4 trailer footage than time to allocate. If they show any PS3/Vita games at the main conference, I would be surprised.

They are launching a new gen console, they'd be foolish not to talk about what came before.

I'm mostly expecting a short commitment of continued support of the PS3.

A PS3 price drop to $199

Vita price drop to $199 and New Games.

Then everything else will be about the PS4 and new services.

jayu26

They are launching a new gen console, they'd be foolish not to talk about what came before.

I'm mostly expecting a short commitment of continued support of the PS3.

A PS3 price drop to $199

Vita price drop to $199 and New Games.

Then everything else will be about the PS4 and new services.

Vita @ $199 with 32GB memory card included and I will buy it. I swear to Batman I will buy it.

RiverBed

Banned
Yup, He called out thuway on the 8GB GDDR5 thing before it was announced
Well, with PS4 having to have one of the largest launch lineups and us having only seen a handful of titles, I expect many a next gen announcements at E3.
EA alone should half a number of them.

P.S. grammar sound?

ReaperXL7

i may be the only one, but im actually hoping for some current gen cross over announcements. I never finished Skyrim because of the PS3 issues, and I never picked up FarCry 3 because of all theproblems i heard of with the console versions. So if they ported the PC versions to the PS4 id buy them again.

im also really curious to see if either Sony, or MS will allow mods onto the PS4, or Nextbox. Im not sure how it would work though, I guess Bethesda would have to pick some of the best and submit them for QA themselves on PSN, and Live.

Mik_Pad

Banned
i may be the only one, but im actually hoping for some current gen cross over announcements. I never finished Skyrim because of the PS3 issues, and I never picked up FarCry 3 because of all theproblems i heard of with the console versions. So if they ported the PC versions to the PS4 id buy them again.

im also really curious to see if either Sony, or MS will allow mods onto the PS4, or Nextbox. Im not sure how it would work though, I guess Bethesda would have to pick some of the best and submit them for QA themselves on PSN, and Live.
Far Cry 3 didn't ran as bad as people say, I think if you compare them to PC ofcourse you will be disappointed with the console version.

leroidys

I was sure that TLG would be a PS4 exclusive, but with GT6 coming out on PS3 I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't know what I'm going to do if it misses another (3rd?) E3.

AznSniper

http://o.canada.com/2013/05/17/press-start-this-is-what-its-like-to-attend-a-pre-e3-gaming-event/

There was a PlayStation Pre-E3 judges event on May 16. This is the reason why we got updates on The Last of Us and Killzone Mercenary.

Each game has different embargoes and the only two titles I can talk about right now are The Last of Us and Killzone: Mercenary. Other embargoes are incrementally lifted over the next few weeks.

I overhead Geoff Keighley talking to The Last of Us’ development team about the possibility of DLC eventually being released for the title.

Once the embargo for Beyond: Two Souls lifts on June 11th, I’ll have a ton of detail on the game and an interview with Guillaurte De Foundauriere. I can blabber away about Tearaway on May 20th.

So the embargo on Tearaway lifts today!

I wonder what other games are under embargo from the event. Hopefully more Puppeteer and Until Dawn.

Sorc3r3r

They have just to show the universal remote playing feature on the vita, instead of using the ds4, work done.
It's a killer app more than any exclusive game they can have or want to show for that system.

Issun23

I was sure that TLG would be a PS4 exclusive, but with GT6 coming out on PS3 I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't know what I'm going to do if it misses another (3rd?) E3.

GT6 has been built specifically to be updated with new content and continuously upgraded. The jump to PS4 should come naturally following that line of thinking.

The Last Guardian is an entirely different beast. Making PS3 and PS4 versions would mean developing two games with clear differences, graphics notwithstanding. The jump to PS4 in TLG's case happened most probably out of necessity rather than an opportunity to expand.

If Ueda decided to change platforms to PS4 it must mean the game he set out to make couldn't be realised on PS3.

StuBurns

Banned
GT5 is going to make Sony three hundred million dollars, TLG would sell roughly the same regardless of which PlayStation it ships on, so they can use it to sell next-gen, as long as it's next-gen only, so they will.

MasLegio

Banned
Sony Playstation just updated their cover photo on Facebook to a picture of the DS4, text and logo PS4 + E3.

575395_657264934299505_1195908270_n.jpg

DBT85

GT5 is going to make Sony three hundred million dollars, TLG would sell roughly the same regardless of which PlayStation it ships on, so they can use it to sell next-gen, as long as it's next-gen only, so they will.

At first I read this wrong, and I was like "What? is he mad?" then I read it again and was like "oh, that makes far more sense.".

Nearly made a complete prat of myself.

well - that's some lazy piece of art but hey its only for facebook :p

You wanna have a word with their graphics guys :p

Yeah TLG at launch would be the best thing that could happen to it. Less competition and increased exposure and bing the best launch game would do wonders for its sales (hopefully)

StuBurns

Banned
At first I read this wrong, and I was like "What? is he mad?" then I read it again and was like "oh, that makes far more sense.".

Reading it again now, it was just a very poorly phrased post. I take it you read it to mean TLG will sell the same as GT5, yeah.

DemonNite

You wanna have a word with their graphics guys :p

its probably made by some intern taking care of the community :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom