• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjooh

Exactly what I was thinking. Minimal and artistic and with a lot of impact.

Criterion Movie Covers? Fill me in.

cernyhyhjdjn8.gif

Don't you just want to spend a weekend in the woods with this magnificent man?

Sure, but it seems like they should have this stuff in place...especially since they are features of this gen.

not really, it always takes time to transition to new hardware, they can't really start where they left off in terms of content. unless they've been developing their game for a while in which case it wouldn't be a launch title.

also KZ series never had a separate co-op campaign anyways.

kamakazi5

I would love to see Vita color cases. They look really sleek but it may be because of their size. Has anyone done a mock up of what that would look like?

tusken77

She is Kara from the [awesome] Quantic Dream's Kara Demo.

Yep, it is indeed Kara. :)

AGA79nE.png

The studio confirmed that it’s already knee-deep in PlayStation 4 development earlier in the year, and now gaffer David Cage has hinted that you’ll be “amazed” by what the firm’s up to.

“I know that some people are surprised by what we can do on PS3 with Beyond, and we have heard many people even question whether this is a current-gen game,” he said in an interview with CVG. “But trust me, if I showed you what we're doing with the PS4, you would be amazed. It's really surprising. It’s another world.”

Cage added that the power of the platform will allow the studio to create experiences with “more subtlety, more nuance, [and] more detail" than ever before – attributes that he pointed to during February’s big PS4 coming-out party.

A domain name uncovered earlier in the year suggested that Quantic Dream’s next project could be called Singularity. If true, there's a chance that it may be linked to Ray Kurzweil’s non-fiction novel The Singularity Is Near, which deals with the subject of artificial intelligence. If the title's already in development, we're sure that we won't have to wait long to have our minds blown.

i-Lo

The actress' availability would probably be very limited because of her TV show, I doubt Singularity is Kara.

Pretty much, especially given the game will be developed outside god's country.

I am pretty sure they'll get other semi-well to well known actors.

Endo Punk

Kara tech was so cool. Really wish that is the type of game Cage is working on for the PS4.

Anyway, even if The Last Guardian makes its way to the PS3 does anyone else feel they can never trust Team ICO again? When I bought the PS3 in its early days Team ICO were the developers I had my eye on because of their last two games which are cemented in my top 10 and in ICO's case my favourite game of all time.

Now I feel with the PS2 it's a case of being at the right place at the right time. Team ICO are biggest fluke if the industry and with the PS3 they undeniably proved that they are not at all what they were built up to be. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sony just assimilates Team ICO into SCE Asia. Their name holds no weight what so ever now.

JawzPause

its a small team, I can't imagine Sony's bleeding too much because of them. Also once Last Guardian comes out all is forgiven, although I personally always had faith they will deliver.

I have a very bad feeling that TLG isn't going to be as good as a lot of us had hoped... I hope I'm wrong though

I have a very bad feeling that TLG isn't going to be as good as a lot of us had hoped... I hope I'm wrong though

I haven't seen anything that would give me that impression. I think the biggest hurdle for them taking so long is that the project has just been too ambitious. With a small team and whatnot it was probably harder for them to get the PS3 able to handle all of what they had. If rumors are true that they switched to PS4 ~2 years ago it makes sense why we haven't seen it in so long.

StuBurns

Banned
its a small team, I can't imagine Sony's bleeding too much because of them. Also once Last Guardian comes out all is forgiven, although I personally always had faith they will deliver.
Ueda is out, and the team hasn't shipped a game since 2005. The argument that they're just thirty guys or whatever is long passed being true, and even if it was, it'd be long passed being viable.

They're done as soon as TLG is.

you are nuts if you believe that. yosp is the one who created that team, I am sure he is very close with ueda.

Yeah but did yosp think that they would only make 2 games and not release a single game 7 years after their last one when he created that team? Besides, I think Kaz is the one who have the final word.

Point is, Ueda haven't released a game since Shadow of the Colossus. I wonder how much money Sony have spent on him and his team these past 7 years.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I hope we see new projects from Santa Monica and Ready at Dawn. Even more importantly I hope Warrior's Lair somehow resurfaces from San Diego Studios. And that it is actually good!

Takuya

Banned
Yeah but did yosp think that they would only make 2 games and not release a single game 7 years after their last one when he created that team? Besides, I think Kaz is the one who have the final word.

Point is, Ueda haven't released a game since Shadow of the Colossus. I wonder how much money Sony have spent on him and his team these past 7 years.

They manage that company, they're well aware WHY it's taking so long.

Takuya

Banned
This los seriously good. Hope they go with this.

Expecting blue though, to match Vita or something.

Not expecting blue at all, or at least not the dominant color, it would cause confusion on the shelves. They will go with a different color for sure.

The blue label with black is nice too. Hope Sony uses black cases.

Thanks, I should've read the previous pages. But this is hopeful.
Somehow, I have the feeling that Yoshida and Cerny are a real blessing for Sony and that without them Playstation would be very bland and in a worse position.

I wonder if Sony will hold anything back to show at Gamescom or TGS. Keep a steady stream of announcements for the upcoming events. They usually have a pretty big showing at Gamescom.

They'll definitely hold back Killzone: Shadow Fall's multiplayer debut for this. They'll also likely have a big blowout on DriveClub considering Evolution is a European studio. And maybe - though unlikely in my eyes - they might tease Quantic's new PS4 game (though, again, unlikely in my book as Beyond will be two months out).

While you’ll be able to stay up to date with all the news as it breaks right here on eu.playstation.com and over at PlayStation.Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com, just imagine actually being at the Los Angeles Convention Centre to take in the sights and sounds of the next PlayStation generation.

Enter this competition and you could be in with a chance of doing just that. We’re giving one lucky winner a pair of tickets to E3 2013, which runs from 11 to 13 June 2013, as well as flights to Los Angeles and accommodation.

http://e3competition.software.eu.playstation.com/

sense

"At E3 in June 2013 the focus will be on PS4 and its games line-up once again."

contradicts vita having a good show at e3 but then again they could show a lot more connectivity between vita and ps4 i guess.

StuBurns

Banned
"At E3 in June 2013 the focus will be on PS4 and its games line-up once again."

contradicts vita having a good show at e3 but then again they could show a lot more connectivity between vita and ps4 i guess.
How does it? PS4 being the focus doesn't mean Sony won't feature the Vita.

sense

How does it? PS4 being the focus doesn't mean Sony won't feature the Vita.

well they compare it to the playstation meeting in february and say once again the focus will be on ps4. at the meeting they didn't have much vita stuff either other than the connectivity mention. i love my vita and am hoping they play up the connectivity side or have a lot of games for it so we shall see i guess.

They'll have Vita but the major focus is undoubtedly PS4... it has to be.

well if the show is hour and a half i am hoping atleast they have 15 minutes for vita lol. i understand ps4 needs to be major focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom