• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 gb PS3 is a stillborn and a joke

HDD size is critical if they want to sell digital content for 7+ years, casual Joe will not upgrade the drive on their own and if the drive gets full their purchasing will/capability will be affected.

You know, you can delete stuff if your drive gets full. And if you want to access it again later, you can redownload it. I don't know what people expect. They need to offer a console which is cheap and that's how you do it. Don't like it? Buy the premium model.

12 gb PS3 is a stillborn and a joke

HDD size is critical if they want to sell digital content for 7+ years, casual Joe will not upgrade the drive on their own and if the drive gets full their purchasing will/capability will be affected.

I actually think 12GB model does quite well.

Darhan

I'd hope that they have a 2TB model, preferably I would love if that had that 3TB Fusion HDD that the new iMac's have, where 256GB of it is SSD and the rest is for storage.

Wow! That would be the HDD I will put inside my PS4. I don't mind to pay more and have it preinstalled. If not, I really appreciate if Sony will let us change the HDD as the did with the PS3 (pre-slim).

But IMHO, they won't let us change the HDD for anyone we want. The PS4 price tag will be very tight, so I'm sure they expect to win money selling their own HDDs. I only hope they offer big ones.

I own a PS3 with a 1TB HDD I bought, so I expect that size as minimum.

Do you think you have to get them all right to win? I got the first E3's year wrong :(

idk really. i missed the first question which was what year was the ps1 announced lol.

and i entered knowing i don't live in EU. but hey. they will save money since i'm basically near E3.

netBuff

Wow! That would be the HDD I will put inside my PS4. I don't mind to pay more and have it preinstalled. If not, I really appreciate if Sony will let us change the HDD as the did with the PS3 (pre-slim).

But IMHO, they won't let us change the HDD for anyone we want. The PS4 price tag will be very tight, so I'm sure they expect to win money selling their own HDDs. I only hope they offer big ones.

I own a PS3 with a 1TB HDD I bought, so I expect that size as minimum.

"Fusion drive" is just a fancy name for SSD caching - something Intel calls "Smart Response Technology" (available in Windows laptops everywhere). It works by using two drives inside the computer, an SSD as well as a regular HDD (3,5" in the case of the iMac) at the same time. We won't see this type of expensive technology in next gen consoles.

There are no 2,5" drives available on the market that are bigger than 1 TB and of standard 9,5 mm build height, that is the absolute maximum - therefore a 250 GB/500 GB split makes absolute sense. If we can actually change the HDD ourselves, I'll be perfectly happy with that. No drive bigger than 1TB is possible for launch.

I'd hope that they have a 2TB model, preferably I would love if that had that 3TB Fusion HDD that the new iMac's have, where 256GB of it is SSD and the rest is for storage.

"Fusion" is a marketing name, not a real physical object.

Pretty much, especially given the game will be developed outside god's country.

I am pretty sure they'll get other semi-well to well known actors.
Interestingly, the old man in the PS4 tech demo is apparently based off actor David Gant:

oldmanhfkxo.png

If that's true, then I'm pretty sure they didn't just hire him to scan his face. Maybe we'll see a full PS4 tech demo soon?

I-hate-u

Sorry to temper your expectations, but Sony has not spoken at all about TV/entertainment services for the PS4. Like it or not, they will have to talk about it at E3. Keep that in mind going into E3.

Hoo-doo

Banned
So, m0dus (mod) just commented on the fact that he knows Sony will have a fucking "avalanche of games" at E3.

m0dus said:
They spent way too long on the non gaming features. But, to their credit, they stated outright that they were saving the big reveals and such for E3 (and they damn well need to be, because i promise you Sony has an avalanche planned).

Sooooooo, what does he know?

So after the Xbox conference the thing that really stuck out was the complete lack of presence from Japanese devs. While they didn't have a huge presence at Sony's reveal, we still saw Square, Capcom and Knack (Sony Japan). Hopefully this is a sign that we'll see Sony shift back toward showing Japanese devs a lot of attention like they did during the PSone and PS2 days.

Literally the only thing Sony needs to do to have me at launch is announced used games without any fees. Literally one thing Im looking for even if the lineup is mediocre

Into

So after the Xbox conference the thing that really stuck out was the complete lack of presence from Japanese devs. While they didn't have a huge presence at Sony's reveal, we still saw Square, Capcom and Knack (Sony Japan). Hopefully this is a sign that we'll see Sony shift back toward showing Japanese devs a lot of attention like they did during the PSone and PS2 days.

Yeah i noticed that too, i bet the curbing of second hand games is not something Japanese publishers are thrilled about since second hand sales are massive in Japan.

They had Capcom, Square and Sony Japan, and i bet Konami will join them at E3 since Konami and Sony have always been tight it seems.

yea I said the same thing somewhere else. ZERO Japanese games, MS is completely done with Japan. Sony has got this in the bag

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Yeah, I wasn't surprised though. MS gave up on Japan 4 years ago and never looked back.

God, I hope not. They can give JP a little attention or whatever, but I much prefer western games today so that would suck for me.

They've shown with their announcement event that they aren't going to ignore Western devs. But I want to see them give more attention to Japanese devs during events like gamescom and E3. I guess we may have saw the first signs of that when they revealed rain and Puppeteer at gamescom last year.

I'd say another good thing to come out of this event is the EA partnership with MS. That means that Sony won't have to give up a chunk of their E3 conference time to sports demos.

Yoshida seems to be having fun today

untitleda5ue1.png

MasLegio

Banned
Sorry to temper your expectations, but Sony has not spoken at all about TV/entertainment services for the PS4. Like it or not, they will have to talk about it at E3. Keep that in mind going into E3.

why should we care about tv/entertainment services for the PS4?

they will have apps for that sector and the rest is US centric only and of no importance to me (EU citizen)

MS lost EU tonight.

klee123

Music to my ears. If anything, the PS3 disappointed me for the first half of its life due to the lack of Japanese developed games.

Here's hoping that Sony courts with more Japanese devs this gen.

Verendus

Banned
To be fair, they've given Japanese devs attention. They're the ones who bailed on the PS3. Though, part of that is thanks to the mess that was the launch of the PS3, Sony mishandling the console, and the subsequent couple years which were very tough. It's not due to a lack of trying. You'll see some third party exclusives from Japanese devs, and part of that will be due to the fact they're more welcoming of Sony's helping hand this time since they know how things turned out these past few years. Western devs will still get a heavy focus though, that won't change.

But no seriously, he's right.

I think it's GopherD that's also been hinting at Sony have a huge amount of PS4 games ready to roll at E3. Even going as far as to say that he'd be surprised if any PS3 or Vita games showed up in the conference because of how many PS4 games they have to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom